• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Camp discussion: Offense

BWahlberg said:
Grizzly96 said:
I can confirm that Hill has been moved to TE to take advantage of his athleticism. He’s up to about 230 and working hard learning the position.

Nice! Awesome show of commitment to the team.

From what I heard it was a ten minute conversation. Hauck asked if he would be willing to do it because he wanted to take advantage of his athleticism and he needs two good TE’s. Hill said whatever I can do to help us get home to Texas, I’ll do it. Have heard that Hauck has really taken a liking to how hard Hill is going at it in winter conditioning. Have heard good things about team with Hauck so far.....

Sniff... asaahhhh. Fresh air. With this amount of flux and injury/surgery happening with the O Line, is there a chance for a younger guy to start?

Grizzly96 said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizzly96 said:
I can confirm that Hill has been moved to TE to take advantage of his athleticism. He’s up to about 230 and working hard learning the position.

From what I heard it was a ten minute conversation. Hauck asked if he would be willing to do it because he wanted to take advantage of his athleticism and he needs two good TE’s. Hill said whatever I can do to help us get home to Texas, I’ll do it. Have heard that Hauck has really taken a liking to how hard Hill is going at it in winter conditioning. Have heard good things about team with Hauck so far.....

Now this is why I love egriz...thanks for this info.

Grizzly96 said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizzly96 said:

Well, considering how much shit that kid took here on eGriz after his sideline behavior last year this is refreshing to see...he just moved up a notch in my book.

Grizzly96 said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizzly96 said:

Love it!

Hill took some beatings from a few fans on here (doubt it phased him though, if he even read it) and to see him do what he feels best to help the team like this is great. I could see how the coaches would love that type of attitude too.

Simis is a great example, he went from being a QB that was never going to fit Stitt's system to being one of the main leaders on offense (it seemed) and I believe he won a post-season award for it too, most inspirational or something like that.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizzly96 said:

Well, considering how much shit that kid took here on eGriz after his sideline behavior last year this is refreshing to see...he just moved up a notch in my book.

I hear you, but three things:

1. If the fans knew the details of the whole situation in those instances, I can assure you they would have been less critical of Hill and more so of Stitt.

2. Hill’s father gave him a Texas size boot in the ass about maintaining his emotions despite the situation.

3. He loves being a Griz and wants to do whatever it takes to get back to where they should be. Im excited to see what he can do at TE cause I think it will be a huge mismatch for defenses.

garizzalies said:
Le Texier?

I don't want to speculate too much but I'd think they'd want to keep him on the defensive. He was doing some good stuff before he tore his ACL last year. I was wondering if he would move to DE honestly...

just a guess....
2017: Cochran could see playing time at linebacker after a solid spring … Had seven tackles, one sack and a tackle for loss in the spring game.
2016: Cochran played in eight games as a sophomore … Recorded eight tackles, three of them solo … Had one sack and one tackle for loss … Season-high three tackles and his sack and TFL came in game against Miss. Valley State Oct. 8... Awarded the Colleen Marks Athletic Scholarship at the annual Lindsay Awards Banquet.
2015: Provided depth at linebacker, but did not see playing time.
2014: Cochran was a redshirt.
HIGH SCHOOL: He earned 10 letters: four in football, and three in both basketball and track… A first team all-state and all-conference selection at running back and linebacker as a junior and senior… Rushed for 1,589 yards and 28 touchdowns, and averaged 8.5 yards a run, and also had 85 tackles on defense… Was team captain as a senior for his 8-2 team… Prep coach was David Helmer his senior year, and Rob Oelkers previous three seasons.
TACKLES GP UA A Total TFL TFLY PD FF FR BLK
2016 8 3 5 8 1.0 8 0 0 0 0
2017 11 10 10 20 3.0 7 0 1 0 0
Total 19 13 15 28 4.0 15 0 1 0 0

Or, maybe...
2017: Lewis could see some playing time as a linebacker as a freshman after a solid spring outing… He had 10 tackles, two sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss in the spring game.
2016: Lewis redshirted his true freshman year.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lewis was a three-sport athlete at Broadwater HS in Townsend, Mont… He earned four letters in football, three in track and two in basketball… He was captain of his football team, 2013-15, and basketball team, 2015… Football team was conference 5-B champions and state Class B champions in 2014… He was named defensive MVP, 2013-15, and offensive MVP, 2014-15… He was a three-time All-State and three-time All-Conference linebacker and quarterback from 2013-15… Has 214 career pass completions for a total of 4,337 passing yards and 6,511 total yards, 44 passing TDs, 84 combined TDs, 344 tackles, 17 sacks, and 43 tackles for loss… His football coach was Travis Rauh.

PERSONAL: Lewis is majoring in business administration at UM… His parents are Aubra and Lee Lewis of Townsend, Mont.

TACKLES GP UA A Total TFL TFLY PD FF FR BLK
2017 10 3 13 16 0.0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 10 3 13 16 0.0 0 0 0 0 0

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
BWahlberg said:

I hear you, but three things:

1. If the fans knew the details of the whole situation in those instances, I can assure you they would have been less critical of Hill and more so of Stitt.

2. Hill’s father gave him a Texas size boot in the ass about maintaining his emotions despite the situation.

3. He loves being a Griz and wants to do whatever it takes to get back to where they should be. Im excited to see what he can do at TE cause I think it will be a huge mismatch for defenses.

I was certainly one that thought he was out the door. Something similar was posted not too long ago, not sure if was you or someone else. When i read his dad gave him a boot in the azz, I thought, now THAT's what I want on our team. Someone that has the FAMILY support to stay. All too often kids whine to parents and they then come out on the offensive in support of their kid. This shows that they understand this is a team game, and no, not every kid playing college football makes the NFL. I love this idea to move to a TE. I can see some trick plays put in for just this situation as well.

bgbigdog said:
It was Hill, thanks Brent.

I know JLM isn’t Mariani, so forgive me the comparison, but I think Bobby/Rosey are going to feature a game breaker like JLM where they can. I think he plays significantly more disciplined within the offense & special teams.

Malik Flowers will be a game breaker on special teams. The previous staff (Stitt/Ferriter) had big plans for him, starting out with Kick Returner...

IntuitiveGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
It was Hill, thanks Brent.

I know JLM isn’t Mariani, so forgive me the comparison, but I think Bobby/Rosey are going to feature a game breaker like JLM where they can. I think he plays significantly more disciplined within the offense & special teams.

Malik Flowers will be a game breaker on special teams. The previous staff (Stitt/Ferriter) had big plans for him, starting out with Kick Returner...

:thumb: the more the merrier. Can’t have too many playmakers.

Flowers is a 3-star football athlete and an elite 110 m hurdler (faster hurdler than Akem):
Article named, "Meet the newest (and fastest?) Montana Griz Football Player":
http://kyssfm.com/meet-the-newest-and-fastest-montana-griz-football-player/

Summer training before his Senior HS football season:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON_Hohxngdo[/youtube]

Flowers has a video on his Instagram of a 1 handed catch that's what gets me excited about him. He reminds me of a faster Jabin Sambrano.

Back