• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring camp players with rising stock

bigkid said:
Here comes my frustration......why the hell are we now 3 seasons into the same situation of concern regarding the offensive line. Schmaing missed an entire season and is now side lined with an injury? Last years left tackles were owned most of the season and here we are in a patch work 2015 o- line. It's no surprise the defense is seeing so much success.....they have no competition up front. Carry on :coffee:

I have a feeling, next year at this time, many of us will be more positive about the GRIZ OL. I believe in Germer. He will have these young guys playing much better come playoff time this coming season. :thumb:

alabamagrizzly said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BW, your the only person here that I'll read the thread just cus you wrote it. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see one of the QB's stepping up and showing Stitt some things he likes to see. Even happier its a Montana boy. Sounds like none of the others have began to seperate themselves yet.

One positive side to injuries is the playing time for the younger guys in spring. Gives us a chance to see who's next in line.

I call BS on your first comment, I am a must read and I know that you read or at least click on every thread I start..................do not bother denying it as I know you would be lying and I dont want to have to call you out for that as well.
Your correct but I guess I should have clarified. BW is the only one I read as far as football content and anyone else would be because of their thread title. Your like a train wreck. I know it's there and I know it's gonna be awful but I just can't look away.
Apology accepted.

If it's any consolation when I see you have posted in a thread I don't immediately want to slam my face into a moving car like I do when 97.4% of the others post on here.

Your............welcome

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Oh and for what it's worth, I had a 5th grade teacher............last night.

Did she at least review the gramatical rules for using contractions before you had you're way with her?

Their has been far two much of the grammer police when they're has been a mistake in a post. Remember it is there wright to be wrong. It is the fun da mental basis of eGriz. :ugeek:

PS. Keep your chin up BW. While alpha's post may be read, nobody ever gave him 5 1/2 ponies!

Yes, and I will admit I got it wrong the first couple of times but she made me do it over again until I got it right.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BW, your the only person here that I'll read the thread just cus you wrote it. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see one of the QB's stepping up and showing Stitt some things he likes to see. Even happier its a Montana boy. Sounds like none of the others have began to seperate themselves yet.

One positive side to injuries is the playing time for the younger guys in spring. Gives us a chance to see who's next in line.

I call BS on your first comment, I am a must read and I know that you read or at least click on every thread I start..................do not bother denying it as I know you would be lying and I dont want to have to call you out for that as well.
Your correct but I guess I should have clarified. BW is the only one I read as far as football content and anyone else would be because of their thread title. Your like a train wreck. I know it's there and I know it's gonna be awful but I just can't look away.
Apology accepted.

If it's any consolation when I see you have posted in a thread I don't immediately want to slam my face into a moving car like I do when 97.4% of the others post on here.

Your............welcome

:coffee:
I will take that as high praise. I also understand that I could join the majority with any givin' post so I will enjoy my time in the minority as long as I can.

Wrong, you are too smart to be on this board and are a far cry from the idiot infested, vertical family tree that runs rampant on here.

Plus you are a Griz fan, not a fraud like some people that are true cat fans grew up with them and are just on our bandwagon until they (never happen) have a good run in the playoffs.

I will tolerate 3 Nguyen fumbles this year...when he passes that number....I will be going nuclear on egriz

1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

Glendivegriz said:
AlaskaGriz said:
I'm not on the Gus boat.... Disappointing if he is the best QB... Even more disappointed in some of the other QB's to get beat out by him.... He has never impressed me in Games, scrimmages or practice. I would hope Simis or Chalich pass him for the first start and hold onto it.
So apparently in your mind the first impression is all that is necessary and there can never be maturity and growth.

Exactly...give the guy a chance...Im excited for the kid, he comes from an outstanding high school football program...and was one of the most prolific high school qbs in Montana in recent years...hes what 6'7 230 whats not to like about that kid.

That is why we have been an average team, you know with 100% certainty he will put the ball on the ground and a lot of you think its a good idea to put him on the field anyway.

I will tolerate zero fumbles, and zero balls on the ground.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
That is why we have been an average team, you know with 100% certainty he will put the ball on the ground and a lot of you think its a good idea to put him on the field anyway.

I will tolerate zero fumbles, and zero balls on the ground.

Hey hey...do not add me into the Nguyen base camp....you know damn well I have been just as vocal about not seeing what everyone else has for fumble train part 2.....his brother almost killed me and this one will surely finish me off. I usually have to pop a Xanax just to watch a punt return with those two.....I just said 3 because I figured we'd get 3-4 games in before I actually start having a Nguyen meltdown.

He will have 3 by the 2nd game........just like last year and the 3 years before it.

If he is the best we got we are in some serious trouble for years to come at the RB and PR positions.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
He will have 3 by the 2nd game........just like last year and the 3 years before it.

If he is the best we got we are in some serious trouble for years to come at the RB and PR positions.

Let's go to the stats.

In 2014 Montana was credited with 7 total fumbles and 4 lost fumbles. Which as it stands is incredibly low, especially for the running-focused team the Griz were last season.

Wyo: No fumbles / None lost
CWU: One fumble / None lost (John Nguyen)
USD: No fumbles / None lost
NSDU: No fumbles / None lost
UNC: One fumbles / One lost (Jordan Canada)
UND: No fumbles / None lost
UCD: No fumbles / None lost
CPSO: No fumbles / None lost
Sac: No fumbles / None lost
EWU: No fumbles / None lost
SUU: One fumble / None lost (Jordan Canada)
MSU: One fumble / One lost (Jordan Canada)
USD: One fumble / One lost (Lorenzo Logwood)
EWU: Two fumbles / One Lost (Jordan Canada's recovered by UM / TraVon Van's was lost)

It would appear your statement on Nguyen is complete and total BS. Only 1 fumble and it didn't result in a turnover.

Carry on

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Let's go to the stats.

In 2014 Montana was credited with 7 total fumbles and 4 lost fumbles. Which as it stands is incredibly low, especially for the running-focused team the Griz were last season.

EWU: Two fumbles / One Lost (Jordan Canada's recovered by UM / TraVon Van's was lost)

It would appear your statement on Nguyen is complete and total BS. Only 1 fumble and it didn't result in a turnover.

Carry on
Do they keep stats for muffed punts or kick-offs?

Fahque said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Let's go to the stats.

Carry on
Do they keep stats for muffed punts or kick-offs?

I pulled every game log and went to the "fumble" category that's where I pulled it. Let me double check.

Doesn't look like it, a muffed punt or kick would be a turnover, wouldn't it? That would be listed.

The one I do recall was the lost ball that was recovered by Tucker Schye and that was the CWU game and Nguyen was credited for a lost fumble on the play.

Kuhn punt 38 yards to the UM36, John Nguyen return 13 yards to the UM49, fumble forced by Torsy, fumble by John Nguyen recovered by UM Tucker Schye at CWU46, Tucker Schye for 46 yards to the CWU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 04:10

Also the Logwood fumble lost was on a kickoff.

Back