• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring camp players with rising stock

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
He will have 3 by the 2nd game........just like last year and the 3 years before it.

If he is the best we got we are in some serious trouble for years to come at the RB and PR positions.

Let's go to the stats.

In 2014 Montana was credited with 7 total fumbles and 4 lost fumbles. Which as it stands is incredibly low, especially for the running-focused team the Griz were last season.

Wyo: No fumbles / None lost
CWU: One fumble / None lost (John Nguyen)
USD: No fumbles / None lost
NSDU: No fumbles / None lost
UNC: One fumbles / One lost (Jordan Canada)
UND: No fumbles / None lost
UCD: No fumbles / None lost
CPSO: No fumbles / None lost
Sac: No fumbles / None lost
EWU: No fumbles / None lost
SUU: One fumble / None lost (Jordan Canada)
MSU: One fumble / One lost (Jordan Canada)
USD: One fumble / One lost (Lorenzo Logwood)
EWU: Two fumbles / One Lost (Jordan Canada's recovered by UM / TraVon Van's was lost)

It would appear your statement on Nguyen is complete and total BS. Only 1 fumble and it didn't result in a turnover.

Carry on

The stats are telling, but that doesn't stop the ol' pucker factor from increasing 10 fold when Nguyen carries the ball or drops back to return a punt.

Personally, I don’t need to look up bogus stats or facts, cuz I was there bro! John Nguyen fumbled the ball 9 times last year, and had 7 muffed punts.

Must run in the family. His brother Pete had 26 career fumbles. Fact!

Raider said:
Personally, I don’t need to look up bogus stats or facts, cuz I was there bro! John Nguyen fumbled the ball 9 times last year, and had 7 muffed punts.

Bogus facts or stats? Were you watching different games than BW, bro?

Htowngriz said:
Raider said:

BRO. I tell you, Raider is off, Pete had 25 in one single season and I know for a fact* that that wasn't even his worst season

*fact as in posted on egriz, not verifiable anywhere else

Gotta love all the posters on here who either ignore facts to make their point or make up bogus ones to support it. Way to take a play out of the ol' republican playbook folks. I am personally excited to see what John can do in this offense in 2015. I think he will be a great fit and have a big year. Go Griz! :clap:

I'll admit that so far it seems I was wrong about Nguyen, I thought that the new staff would evaluate him differently than the Delaney's. I'm glad he's proving me wrong and I hope he continues to do well, plus...our O-line can only improve.

That being said....I hope Counts comes back healthy and can contribute. He and Nguyen would be an exciting 1-2 punch.

firmgriz said:
Gotta love all the posters on here who either ignore facts to make their point or make up bogus ones to support it. Way to take a play out of the ol' republican playbook folks. I am personally excited to see what John can do in this offense in 2015. I think he will be a great fit and have a big year. Go Griz! :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. That's a uniquely Republican trait. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
firmgriz said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. That's a uniquely Republican trait. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, the riots/attacks in Benghazi were the result of a video... for example. (I could go on but won't).

Best part is that everyone who is bashing Nyugen right now will be his biggest fan after he rushes for 1000 yds this season with 1 fumble. All of Griz nation will say "I told ya he was incredible". Nyugen is a whole different beast than his brother and will serve this team well IMO.

HookedonGriz said:
Best part is that everyone who is bashing Nyugen right now will be his biggest fan after he rushes for 1000 yds this season with 1 fumble. All of Griz nation will say "I told ya he was incredible". Nyugen is a whole different beast than his brother and will serve this team well IMO.

As many plays as Stitt is planning on running might suppose you'll have more than one guy with 1K yds.

Htowngriz said:
Raider said:

You are a razor sharp one, aren’t ya "bro"?

ktpng.gif

I won't lie, it seemed like Nyguen fumbled more than that BUT, since we ALL like to think we're bigtime already and think we're ready for the even bigger time, than I'm going to say the stats that BW looked up are right and accurate. They PAY people to stat the games. They wouldn't just leave out fumbles.

Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
Raider said:

You are a razor sharp one, aren’t ya "bro"?

Ehh, it's Monday. My sarcasm detector isn't fully functional yet. :oops:

The ironic and funny part of all the Nguyen debating, both sides may end up right. I won't be surprised to see his return duties diminished. Yet, one of the main RB's in the offense. I am more comfortable with Nguyen in the backfield than back returning kicks and punts. Like his brother, he makes me nervous when he is a returner.

I would think with all the talent the GRIZ have at RB, WR, and DB there has to be a handful of players who are better returners than Nguyen. I hope we see a few Freshmen capable of being returners as well.

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

As many plays as Stitt is planning on running might suppose you'll have more than one guy with 1K yds.

He never had two backs at CSM go over 1000 so I'd kind of tend to doubt it... but it's tough to say, FCS/Big Sky is a different ball game than what he faced at CSM.

BWahlberg said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

He never had two backs at CSM go over 1000 so I'd kind of tend to doubt it... but it's tough to say, FCS/Big Sky is a different ball game than what he faced at CSM.

How is Nguyen at catching passes? I can't remember him being thrown at in past.

mtgrizrule said:
The ironic and funny part of all the Nguyen debating, both sides may end up right. I won't be surprised to see his return duties diminished. Yet, one of the main RB's in the offense. I am more comfortable with Nguyen in the backfield than back returning kicks and punts. Like his brother, he makes me nervous when he is a returner.

I would think with all the talent the GRIZ have at RB, WR, and DB there has to be a handful of players who are better returners than Nguyen. I hope we see a few Freshmen capable of being returners as well.

Outside of injury concerns, why wouldn't we just put Ellis back there again?

Back