• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stay Classy, EWU Fans...

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
Bro, you live in Mill Creek, WA. Where that is I haven't the slightest.
What's wrong, did you not get in to EWU or something? Ax to grind?

Google Maps is your friend. :lol:

Hint: It's located on the side of the state that doesn't look like the surface of the moon.

I did not realize EWU could be so selective during the admissions process

grizindabox said:

Trust me they're not... :?

grizindabox said:

Lower acceptance rate than UM, if we're being honest...not that either school is exactly "selective".

I read the article and figured someone would post it on here. I am wondering if the author of this fine piece of "journalism" even attended the game, because it seems like something you'd read from a jaded lover. Bottom line, there was one drunken asshole who was harassing the SHSU players, and he got arrested. The rest is embellished, speculative, and borderline slanderous. What the "author" failed to mention was the applause that many of the EWU fans in that area gave to SHSU as they walked off of the field. Every fan base has a few D-Bags...the bigger the fan base, the more of them you'll have. I have attended several of the bigger games the last several years, and I can honestly say that I haven't witnessed anything outside of the norm as compared to times when I have been at opposing stadiums (to include Missoula).

That said, they do need to either figure something else out regarding visiting teams or provide more security along the route from the Phase to Roos Field. Just take out the possibility of this kind of stuff happening, and it won't.

quote]

I'm not surprised. It's a pretty upscale communicaty with high per capita income rates. We do all we can to keep out the likes of you.

EWURanger29 said:
grizindabox said:

Every fan base has a few D-Bags...the bigger the fan base, the more of them you'll have.

One would think that is true, but it's not.

Mill Creek, Wa. ranks 19th out of 522 areas in the state of Washington per capita income. Most EWU fans probably couldn't afford to pay "attention" there. However, I think EWU could spring for some bulk rope from Home Depot to ensure "safe" passage for the visiting team. :roll: You're in a defenseless position... :egriz: so...S.T.F.U.

Good article, but I wonder how it would read had SHSU won the game. Also, I heard it went way beyond the conduct mentioned in the article. One group of EWU fans apparently got into a shoving match that with a player. It looks like there was plenty of swearing, spitting, and racial slurs from EWU fans. I guess one guy even started yelling some pretty bad stuff at a female SHSU staff member. Just a bad scene altogether.

CDAGRIZ said:
Good article, but I wonder how it would read had SHSU won the game. Also, I heard it went way beyond the conduct mentioned in the article. One group of EWU fans apparently got into a shoving match that with a player. It looks like there was plenty of swearing, spitting, and racial slurs from EWU fans. I guess one guy even started yelling some pretty bad stuff at a female SHSU staff member. Just a bad scene altogether.

Source?

CDAGRIZ said:
Any references for this? Just wondering...I think you are lying.

EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wow, thanks for calling me a liar.
My buddy lives in Spoky. He took his wife and their four-year-old daughter to the game. The wife went there for undergrad, so they try to make a few games a year. This was the first one for the little girl, and he said it will be the last for a while. The female thing came from my buddy's wife who was apparently standing right there. She wouldn't even repeat what the guy was saying to the lady, but I guess it was pretty awful. It could be that they are liars. It could also be that they were particularly sensitive to the conduct because it was their girl's first game. I just figured it was an isolated thing until I read the article. Which is why I relayed what I heard.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Good TEAM....terrible PROGRAM...fixed it for them!
Someone should have fixed their Twitter hashtag position on their post over the weekend.

g5dtlDO.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sorry, but it wouldn't be the first time you've "embellished" something. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're breaking role from your online shtick.

My opinion is based of of 20+ years of attending football games in Cheney. During that time I've really only witnessed one or two of these types of incidents. Maybe this is the guy who was arrested. Unfortunate, but it's hardly fair to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. I mean, I've encountered some real dirt bags while I've visited Missoula before, but I don't think that means most UM fans are that way. The UM that posted on here that attended the game said he was treated well. I'm glad that was the case.

EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why can't you people just admit you've got a problem and try to fix it? Stop making excuses and denying there is a problem and just fix it...Chaves is the only BSC A.D. that won't take e mails from fans...interesting, if I ignore it, the problem will go away...

info said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why can't you people just admit you've got a problem and try to fix it? Stop making excuses and denying there is a problem and just fix it...Chaves is the only BSC A.D. that won't take e mails from fans...interesting, if I ignore it, the problem will go away...

One or two isolated incidents does not constitute a "problem". You have blinders on.

Who says Chaves doesn't take emails from fans? That is false. I have communicated with him via email on more than one occasion.

EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sorry, but it wouldn't be the first time you've "embellished" something. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're breaking role from your online shtick.

My opinion is based of of 20+ years of attending football games in Cheney. During that time I've really only witnessed one or two of these types of incidents. Maybe this is the guy who was arrested. Unfortunate, but it's hardly fair to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. I mean, I've encountered some real dirt bags while I've visited Missoula before, but I don't think that means most UM fans are that way. The UM that posted on here that attended the game said he was treated well. I'm glad that was the case.

No worries. I don't know for sure what happened because I wasn't there, but I'm not lying about what I heard.

C'mon, man, if I was going to make something up about EWU fans, I would have posted that they smoked a bag of EWU brand meth (pictured), killed a puppy for the hide, held Keeler down and peed on him, took his mother out to a nice seafood dinner, and never called her again.

080306_smeth.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:

No worries. I don't know for sure what happened because I wasn't there, but I'm not lying about what I heard.

C'mon, man, if I was going to make something up about EWU fans, I would have posted that they smoked a bag of EWU brand meth (pictured), killed a puppy for the hide, held Keeler down and peed on him, took his mother out to a nice seafood dinner, and never called her again.

080306_smeth.jpg

Only half of that is true.

...every fan base has their ricardo craniums...
...it just that the eastern washington...
...has more than their fair share...

... :cool: ...

CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:

080306_smeth.jpg
Fair enough. I will be contacting the athletics department about this, because even if this was something that was blown out of proportion, the fact that it's even an issue pisses me off. I'd rather have someone writing articles about the quality of our football team (they deserve it) rather than the childish antics of one or two drunken assholes.

All that said, I would still offer that it's a little unfair to paint an entire fan base in a certain light based on the isolated actions of a few individuals. The reason I say that is because I have been on the receiving end before. In 2005, I attended the EWU-UM game in Missoula. I was home on leave, and was excited about this game and decided to make the trip over to Missoula with my wife, since I had never attended a game there but had heard a lot about it. We got tickets in the south end zone. Towards the 4th quarter, a couple 20-something kids started saying derogatory things towards me and some of the other EWU fans in the general area. We ignored them at first, but then a while later one of them spit (probably intending to hit me), on my wife. It took every fiber of my being and my wife literally begging me not to get up and beat the ever-living shit out of both of them. To some extent, you expect some of this kind of stuff to go on, but then there's the stuff that crosses the line into egregious behavior that no visiting fan should have to put up with. But my point is that the unfortunate reality is that this kind of stuff happens on every college campus every year. You mix alcohol with college-aged kids and it happens. I have been back to Missoula since that occasion, and was treated really well. Even though we lost that year (2007) I didn't let the actions of a couple of punks deter me from rooting on my team two years later. And I sure as hell didn't write an online article full of inaccuracies and speculation because my team lost a college football game or get on Egriz and write a post about how many assholes reside in Missoula or attend University of Montana football games.

From what I have heard, people tried to police up the idiot that you are referring to, but sometimes that isn't enough. That's when the police need to get involved. And in this case, that's what happened.

I left before I witnessed anything like this. I can tell you all, out of 10k fans there, only 2 smart ass kind of rude comments, each from EWU students. Oh God, they said "GRIZ SUCK". I really expected worse from more there. I never had an EWU fan treat me or my group badly (for GRIZ games there). I was the only person wearing GRIZ gear there against SHSU. I was questioning the choice to wear GRIZ gear when the GRIZ were not in town. The GRIZ gear did bring attention to me. It turned out to be good attention too. Quite a few EWU fans welcomed me, made some friendly smart ass remark, then thanked me for showing support for them, and the conference.

One even noticed I was getting dehydrated from the heat and passed me a fresh nice cold bottled water. He jokingly said, "Sorry it's not the beer you deserve, but it looks like you need some water." He was right.

The fact is, I cannot comment on the post game debacle. I am sure the truth is somewhere between SHSU's side and EWU's side, and likely a small minority of EWU fans were part of whatever it was. I think it is best if EWU worries about EWU, and GRIZ worry about the GRIZ. No need to make this as a battle of the fan bases.

With that said, EWU fans and UNC fans, you might want to pay attention to visiting fans and offer them to tailgate with your group. It is extremely awkward being a visiting fan at your venue. Got to admit, GRIZ fans don't hesitate to offer a visiting fan or fans to tailgate with them. Other than that, EWU and UNC fans have been pretty good to me over the years of attending games at either place.

Latest posts

Back