• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stay Classy, EWU Fans...

mtgrizrule said:
might want to pay attention to visiting fans and offer them to tailgate with your group. It is extremely awkward being a visiting fan at your venue.

Sorry that happened to you. If I had been there, you'd have been more than welcome to tailgate with us. Maybe next time. :thumb:

EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Wow, thanks for calling me a liar.

Sorry, but it wouldn't be the first time you've "embellished" something. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're breaking role from your online shtick.

My opinion is based of of 20+ years of attending football games in Cheney. During that time I've really only witnessed one or two of these types of incidents. Maybe this is the guy who was arrested. Unfortunate, but it's hardly fair to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. I mean, I've encountered some real dirt bags while I've visited Missoula before, but I don't think that means most UM fans are that way. The UM that posted on here that attended the game said he was treated well. I'm glad that was the case.

No worries. I don't know for sure what happened because I wasn't there, but I'm not lying about what I heard.

C'mon, man, if I was going to make something up about EWU fans, I would have posted that they smoked a bag of EWU brand meth (pictured), killed a puppy for the hide, held Keeler down and peed on him, took his mother out to a nice seafood dinner, and never called her again.

080306_smeth.jpg
Fair enough. I will be contacting the athletics department about this, because even if this was something that was blown out of proportion, the fact that it's even an issue pisses me off. I'd rather have someone writing articles about the quality of our football team rather than the childish antics of some drunken assholes.

All that said, I would still offer that it's a little unfair to paint an entire fan base in a certain light based on the isolated actions of a few individuals. The reason I say that is because I have been on the receiving end before. In 2005, I attended the EWU-UM game in Missoula. I was home on leave, and was excited about this game and decided to make the trip over to Missoula with my wife, since I had never attended a game there but had heard a lot about it. We got tickets in the south end zone. Towards the 4th quarter, a couple 20-something kids started saying derogatory things towards me and some of the other EWU fans in the general area. We ignored them at first, but then a while later one of them spit (probably intending to hit me), on my wife. It took every fiber of my being and my wife literally begging me not to get up and beat the ever-living shit out of both of them. It is what it is. To some extent, you expect some of this kind of stuff to go on, but then there's the stuff that crosses the line into egregious behavior that no visiting fan should have to put up with. But my point is that the unfortunate reality is that this kind of stuff happens on every college campus every year. You mix alcohol with college-aged kids and it happens. I have been back to Missoula since that occasion, and was treated really well. Even though we lost that year (2007) I didn't let the actions of a couple of punks deter me from rooting on my team. And I sure as hell didn't write an online article full of inaccuracies and speculation because my team lost a college football game or get on Egriz and write a post about how many assholes reside in Missoula, or attend University of Montana football games.

From what I have heard, people tried to police up the idiot that you are referring to, but sometimes that isn't even enough. That's when the police need to get involved. And in this case, that's what happened.

Totally agree. Just to clarify, I think most of the stuff my friend mentioned happened during the game, not the post-game altercation. I could have misunderstood, though.

I can't believe you made it out of Missoula without getting arrested after that D-bag spat on your wife. Probably only you and Zengriz could manage that!

CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EWURanger29 said:
Sorry, but it wouldn't be the first time you've "embellished" something. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're breaking role from your online shtick.

My opinion is based of of 20+ years of attending football games in Cheney. During that time I've really only witnessed one or two of these types of incidents. Maybe this is the guy who was arrested. Unfortunate, but it's hardly fair to paint an entire fan base with such a broad brush. I mean, I've encountered some real dirt bags while I've visited Missoula before, but I don't think that means most UM fans are that way. The UM that posted on here that attended the game said he was treated well. I'm glad that was the case.

No worries. I don't know for sure what happened because I wasn't there, but I'm not lying about what I heard.

C'mon, man, if I was going to make something up about EWU fans, I would have posted that they smoked a bag of EWU brand meth (pictured), killed a puppy for the hide, held Keeler down and peed on him, took his mother out to a nice seafood dinner, and never called her again.

080306_smeth.jpg
Fair enough. I will be contacting the athletics department about this, because even if this was something that was blown out of proportion, the fact that it's even an issue pisses me off. I'd rather have someone writing articles about the quality of our football team rather than the childish antics of some drunken assholes.

All that said, I would still offer that it's a little unfair to paint an entire fan base in a certain light based on the isolated actions of a few individuals. The reason I say that is because I have been on the receiving end before. In 2005, I attended the EWU-UM game in Missoula. I was home on leave, and was excited about this game and decided to make the trip over to Missoula with my wife, since I had never attended a game there but had heard a lot about it. We got tickets in the south end zone. Towards the 4th quarter, a couple 20-something kids started saying derogatory things towards me and some of the other EWU fans in the general area. We ignored them at first, but then a while later one of them spit (probably intending to hit me), on my wife. It took every fiber of my being and my wife literally begging me not to get up and beat the ever-living shit out of both of them. It is what it is. To some extent, you expect some of this kind of stuff to go on, but then there's the stuff that crosses the line into egregious behavior that no visiting fan should have to put up with. But my point is that the unfortunate reality is that this kind of stuff happens on every college campus every year. You mix alcohol with college-aged kids and it happens. I have been back to Missoula since that occasion, and was treated really well. Even though we lost that year (2007) I didn't let the actions of a couple of punks deter me from rooting on my team. And I sure as hell didn't write an online article full of inaccuracies and speculation because my team lost a college football game or get on Egriz and write a post about how many assholes reside in Missoula, or attend University of Montana football games.

From what I have heard, people tried to police up the idiot that you are referring to, but sometimes that isn't even enough. That's when the police need to get involved. And in this case, that's what happened.

Totally agree. Just to clarify, I think most of the stuff my friend mentioned happened during the game, not the post-game altercation. I could have misunderstood, though.

I can't believe you made it out of Missoula without getting arrested after that D-bag spat on your wife. Probably only you and Zengriz could manage that!
Yeah, well. In my profession, getting arrested at a college football game for getting into a fight probably isn't the best available option.

EWURanger29 said:
mtgrizrule said:
might want to pay attention to visiting fans and offer them to tailgate with your group. It is extremely awkward being a visiting fan at your venue.

Sorry that happened to you. If I had been there, you'd have been more than welcome to tailgate with us. Maybe next time. :thumb:

Well in one's defense. His cell phone and mine both died before/at/during halftime. Before the game he tried to give me directions, before too many EWU tailgaters were there. By the time halftime came, my phone was good for one msg to him before going out. I looked for him and his group, but no luck in finding their tailgate. :thumb:

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
OH god.... surprised it took this long for this to end up here on eGriz.

A few facts to point out.

1) no one rushed the field.
2) this alleged incident took place outside the stadium between the field and the lockerroom (cue the lame comments about EWU's facilities and not having a lockerroom attached to the field)
3) here's what I wrote on Sam Houston's board, and it's getting pretty well received:

It's called home field advantage for a reason. Every stadium has its quirks and idiosyncrasies that add to the package of a homefield advantage. One of EWU's is having the teams enter the stadium through a sea of fans. For EWU, it hypes up the players and it connects the fans with the student athletes. For opposing teams, it helps psych them out and get them rattled before the game. If there were truly altercations or scary interactions, that's on EWU and that should be fixed.

But remember it goes both ways. I was down there before kickoff and when some of SHSU made their way from the lockerroom to the field for warmups, the SHSU players were all about the walk through the fans. They were reveling in it. Yelling at fans, taunting fans, getting all sorts of fired up at the expense of the fans. With my eyes, I saw some young EWU fans, probably 10 or 12 years, old, waiting for some EWU players to walk up to get autographs when a group of 10 SHSU players came walking through jumping up and down and yelling and firing back some smack talk to some of the fans in the tailgate are. Now, of course they were just hyped for the game and meant no wrong, but they were full of emotion so they were cussing, yelling, etc. And to some 12-year olds, they are some really big and intimidating dudes.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

NO Excuse. Poor showing for EWU. Doesn't help that the announcers during the game commented several times on negative or unprofessional attitudes showed by EWU players on the filed. ie VA. Having opposing teams travel through the fans is just asking for trouble. Just not smart. All the reasons you give for it do not make it right. It is not about the quality of the fanbase either as you all keep trying to argue. It is about piss poor planning by you athletic dept.

It is about piss poor planning by you athletic dept.

Speaking of piss poor, have they found a solution to that awful urine stench than wafts up into the junior high quality end zone bleachers from that combination shitter/concession stand?

That was truly terrible.

garizzalies said:
EWURanger29 said:
My opinion is based of of 20+ years of attending football games in Cheney.
I stopped reading.

Has it been that long that they stopped playing elsewhere? Having played for the Griz back when Nevada Reno, Boise etc where in the conference and EWU wasn't, we still played them every year. They were , along with BSU , one of the dirtiest teams to play. I never played in Cheney but no matter where you go there is that "Big Man or Men" with IQ(s) the same length of their John Thomas. Lots of spit, along with pennies and even batteries rained down along with the verbal crap from most locations. Hate to say it but I has witnesses a few of our Beloved Griz fans saying naughty things as the team exits the north ( also somebody in the crowd quickly told them to shut up). The bottom line is that EWU is really the red headed step child of their state and community and with their recent success they are looking for acknowledgement from those outside of the program so the ratio of Dbags to true fans is at an all time high.

OH god.... surprised it took this long for this to end up here on eGriz.

A few facts to point out.

1) no one rushed the field.
I don't believe that for a second. I have been at ewu games for a couple of decades, even playoff games that we were not involved in. Not once has your fans (typically drunk ass students) not rushed the field after a win ever since the games were moved to cheney. That is a fact and you know it. :shock:
BTW, this is a simple fix. Do what we do, DO NOT allow fans on the field until the opposing team has left. You are just inviting trouble for absolutely no reason. Sad thing is anybody with half a brain can see that.

Are you retarded polsongriz?

1) Fans were not allowed on field. Period
2) No one rushed the field.
3) this alleged incident didn't happen on the field
4) all of this was already covered in previous posts on this thread. Read up. Pay attention

5) Furthermore, so far the only person alleging this happened was some pimple-faced beat reporter for a small town newspaper. This hasn't come up from SHSU athletics. Nor from EWU.
I have a hard time taking this kid's word when his Twitter account is full of anti EWU posts going back from when he was a student at U of Delaware and EWU beat Delaware in the National Championship. Now he's a reporter for SHSU who EWU just beat.

So there's that.

Uncalled for.

I have a hard time taking this kid's word when his Twitter account is full of anti EWU posts going back from when he was a student at U of Delaware and EWU beat Delaware in the National Championship. Now he's a reporter for SHSU who EWU just beat.

So there's that.

Well, that's interesting and puts a slightly different spin on things.

I understand having your own players walk through the crowd to get them pumped up, and have no problem with it. There are a lot of teams that do that. But having the opposing team go through your fans is just asking for trouble. Just a matter of time before there is a serious incident.

grizpack said:
I understand having your own players walk through the crowd to get them pumped up, and have no problem with it. There are a lot of teams that do that. But having the opposing team go through your fans is just asking for trouble. Just a matter of time before there is a serious incident.

Well, up until about 2 years ago, EWU didn't have to worry about that as there WERE no fans at the games.

info said:
Why can't you people just admit you've got a problem and try to fix it? Stop making excuses and denying there is a problem and just fix it...Chaves is the only BSC A.D. that won't take e mails from fans...interesting, if I ignore it, the problem will go away...
The problem was fixed... the drunk douche was arrested.

The only program in the BSC that ignores problems hoping they go away is the Griz... at least until the DoJ and NCAA intervene.

Lastly, I've emailed Chaves numerous times, and gotten a response every time. Kindly STFU. :thumb:

1) Fans were not allowed on field. Period
2) No one rushed the field.
3) this alleged incident didn't happen on the field
4) all of this was already covered in previous posts on this thread. Read up. Pay attention

5) Furthermore, so far the only person alleging this happened was some pimple-faced beat reporter for a small town newspaper. This hasn't come up from SHSU athletics. Nor from EWU.

So there's that.
You are flat out a liar then. Thanks for clearing that up. Way to denigrate those born with mental disorders also. :roll:
BTW, go back to school and study comprehension. The only thing I commented on, was Fans rushing the field, period. I never once mentioned anything beyond that. :roll: :lol:

Latest posts

Back