• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stay Classy, EWU Fans...

clawman said:
AZDoc said:
The Eastern Washington athletic department knew the game was a sellout. They knew there would be drunk fans walking through Sam Houston’s path to the locker room after the game. They didn’t know if any of those fans had snuck in a weapon. They had no idea how the circumstances would play out, and were willing to risk the safety of their own fans, as well as Bearkats’ players and coaches just because they didn’t care enough to organize a secure exit path from the field. It wouldn’t have required much effort, and could have avoided a potentially dangerous situation.

So 87 people were there? Forgive me if I missed someone else posting something similar...
It is obvious you do not know the layout of the field, the stands, and the locker rooms. As I mentioned in previous post the only option to keep fans apart from players would be to hold one group or the other until they are cleared. Not Practical!

It doesn't seem too impractical if you look at the layout of the stands and locker room.
201303_NickEagleScoutProject_Day2_016.JPG

Just make all the players run a few signature EWU pass patterns until the stands clear.
Nike-Penis-elite-daily.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
AZDoc said:
The Eastern Washington athletic department knew the game was a sellout. They knew there would be drunk fans walking through Sam Houston’s path to the locker room after the game. They didn’t know if any of those fans had snuck in a weapon. They had no idea how the circumstances would play out, and were willing to risk the safety of their own fans, as well as Bearkats’ players and coaches just because they didn’t care enough to organize a secure exit path from the field. It wouldn’t have required much effort, and could have avoided a potentially dangerous situation.

So 87 people were there? Forgive me if I missed someone else posting something similar...
It is obvious you do not know the layout of the field, the stands, and the locker rooms. As I mentioned in previous post the only option to keep fans apart from players would be to hold one group or the other until they are cleared. Not Practical!

It doesn't seem too impractical if you look at the layout of the stands and locker room.
201303_NickEagleScoutProject_Day2_016.JPG

Just make all the players run a few signature EWU pass patterns until the stands clear.
Nike-Penis-elite-daily.jpg
:pray: I've got nothing. You win this thread.

clawman said:
AZDoc said:

What?? PLENTY can be done. In fact there were two or 3 simple solutions suggested by the author of the article.

Face it: this was a huge blunder by the athletics dept. it's moly shocking that it hasn't happened before.

CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:

Stop it. Play like a champion.

Fine. That passing route is an audible. I didn't want to give away any of our plays, but when Vernon steps up to center and yells "Montana, Montana!", our players know what to do. You'd be surprised how many holes this blows up.

EverettGriz said:
What?? PLENTY can be done. In fact there were two or 3 simple solutions suggested by the author of the article.

Face it: this was a huge blunder by the athletics dept. it's moly shocking that it hasn't happened before.

Everett, every college event has had drunk fans taken out of the event. No surprises there. It is something that our fans want corrected, but you have to take this article with a grain of salt. The article suggests rope and security. The area goes through the parking lot, so there really isn't a way to rope it off. There are police present. There was no brawl, just one drunk guy being an idiot and held back by some other Eastern fans. He was promptly arrested for his behavior.

Rjones61 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:

Fine. That passing route is an audible. I didn't want to give away any of our plays, but when Vernon steps up to center and yells "Montana, Montana!", our players know what to do. You'd be surprised how many holes this blows up.

MUCH better. Very fine work. :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:

CDAGRIZ:
You OK??

clawman said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDAGRIZ:
You OK??

Yes.

Ouch, this article puts EWU fans to shame. This fan or fans that were involved need to be banned. I didn't witness this, but we definitely have an issue with visiting teams leaving and entering the field through the parking lot. Not sure what is true and what is not, but there definitely was an altercation and if EWU had a better system in place this never would have happened.

Good luck to the Griz this weekend...

marceagfan5 said:
Ouch, this article puts EWU fans to shame. This fan or fans that were involved need to be banned. I didn't witness this, but we definitely have an issue with visiting teams leaving and entering the field through the parking lot. Not sure what is true and what is not, but there definitely was an altercation and if EWU had a better system in place this never would have happened.

Good luck to the Griz this weekend...
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back