• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Streaker to be suspended or expelled (if he's a student)

What offended me more was the lack of response by security. A brief little run by the streaker is pretty much harmless. No reaction by security was embarrassing. Put him to the ground, handcuff him and then drag him by his armpits while laying on his stomach..not that would have been a teachable moment.

The official response was that security is told not to chase the streaker or use too much force for fear of inciting the students. Now that is the real absurdity to it all! Once again, political correctness and fear of civil or disobedient retrobution trumps common sense.

I was waiting for Monte to tackle him and hand him off to security....now that would have been funny!

If you really think that a streaker at a Griz game will have a lasting affect on your child's life then you and your child are pretty weak individuals.

The dude will be fined and the school will puff their chests out and talk big.

We get streakers once or twice a season and it is unlikely it will ever become "popular." Not because of the potential fine but because you have to be crazy and drunk to to it. Let's have a laugh and kick the shit out of EWU.

If you have a kid(I doubt you do) would you want your son or daughter seeing some strangers penis? I know I wouldn't... I don't even want my kid to ever see mine...

Next time the streaker should bring a co-ed along to partake in some coitus, then we will be able to test the the "policy" of not stopping them.

garizzalies said:
Next time the streaker should bring a co-ed along to partake in some coitus, then we will be able to test the the "policy" of not stopping them.
That would be an interesting test. What would be even more interesting is me trying to explain to my kids what had just happened.

Interesting to see responses in this tread, especially those that don't see no consequences for bad actions.

Just curious, how many of those would be proud if that had been his or her kid, especially if their streaker may have been of the female gender.

I guess some may find it hilarious, especially if it's someone else's kid.

Myself, I would have never thought of streaking, and jeopardize my bragging rights, and leaving something to the imagination.

spsyk said:
Interesting to see responses in this tread, especially those that don't see no consequences for bad actions.

Just curious, how many of those would be proud if that had been his or her kid, especially if their streaker may have been of the female gender.

Myself, I would have never thought of streaking, and jeopardize my bragging rights, and leaving something to the imagination.
Proud? No. Consequence that affects this kid for the rest of his life? Nope. Not right.

spsyk said:

Almost no one thinks there should be no consequences. The question is what should the consequences be?

Personally, I am not very bothered about streaking generally and see it more as a prank. However, streaking at a football game is disruptive to the game, offensive to some people in the audience, can be seen by some children if they are close enough, and, in my view, should be discouraged. Suspending the kid, if a student, is something that should be considered. It would send a message to other potential student streakers. Given our this kid paraded around outside in his garbage bad, he probably deserves a good lesson. My guess is this kid has been involved in too much mischief in the past and/or will be in the future. I see no reason for additional or more serious legal charges, unless he's been doing stuff like this repeatedly.

Just so we are clear, we are talking about permanent consequences for kids that do something like this.

0D4eF.gif

grizpsych said:
Just so we are clear, we are talking about permanent consequences for kids that do something like this.

0D4eF.gif
The guy's head gets jammed into the wall hard! There may be permanent consequences for that which have nothing to do with the law...

Grisly Fan said:
grizpsych said:

0D4eF.gif
The guy's head gets jammed into the wall hard! There may be permanent consequences for that which have nothing to do with the law...

Yep, funny how it works out that the law doesn't always have to step in and produce the consequence, huh.

My poor child will be forever damaged :-(

main.php

I have to say this thread is interesting to read, I laughed at first as did the parents in front of me with their kids. Streakers are funny. However, what it turned into was a questionable show rather than a streaker. After the first little bit the parents weren't happy nor would I have been had I had my child at the game (not a parent). I don't think it's the streaking thing that bugs everyone, it's that it was handled so poorly. With what happened I say he gets hammered by the school and the law. However on the other hand, I would be in favor of no punishment at all had one of the players just destroyed him or he pooped himself when they tased the hell out of him because both of those things teach a lesson. I have to wonder how long it will be before our next streaker. There are a lot of weirdos out there and there is no punishment for this. If a creepo can go dance naked for 5 minutes in front of all those people and all they will get is a hundred dollar fine, I think they will be lining up to get out there. On the other hand if there are broken bones or thousands of volts of electricity they may think twice. Just like anything else, do what you want but beware the consequences. In this case, I don't think the consequences are quite right.

In my opinion it should cost him a lot but to deem him a "sex offender" is to trivialize what real sex offenders do. Real sex offenders deserve a lifetime label and all of the problems that come with it. Others might learn that you can have any thought you want but act on some of those thoughts and you pay the price!

Well I must say, I have spoken to Daniel Thew about the incident. This kid is level headed and has good intentions. A steady life and grades that put him in good standing should overshadow a bad decision on game day. Peer pressure is ridiculous nowadays, and he can argue the drunk case. He was in an altered state of mind. I don't think his actions should go without some consequence, but he is not a bad kid and he should be given a slight break for never challenging the law before. Expelling is a bit much here.

grizinidaho said:
I have to say this thread is interesting to read, I laughed at first as did the parents in front of me with their kids. Streakers are funny. However, what it turned into was a questionable show rather than a streaker. After the first little bit the parents weren't happy nor would I have been had I had my child at the game (not a parent). I don't think it's the streaking thing that bugs everyone, it's that it was handled so poorly. With what happened I say he gets hammered by the school and the law. However on the other hand, I would be in favor of no punishment at all had one of the players just destroyed him or he pooped himself when they tased the hell out of him because both of those things teach a lesson. I have to wonder how long it will be before our next streaker. There are a lot of weirdos out there and there is no punishment for this. If a creepo can go dance naked for 5 minutes in front of all those people and all they will get is a hundred dollar fine, I think they will be lining up to get out there. On the other hand if there are broken bones or thousands of volts of electricity they may think twice. Just like anything else, do what you want but beware the consequences. In this case, I don't think the consequences are quite right.

I think he will pay a price with the giggles and whispers as he walks across the campus, expecially from the girls he was trying to impress. He will probably always be known as "the streak" when he goes to a bar or any other public place. Then there will be the grand re-showing of the video at his wedding reception, if he ever does manage to snag a wife. I think with it this public, there will be a price to be paid. Probably wouldn't hurt him to do a little community service either.

Grisly Fan said:
In my opinion it should cost him a lot but to deem him a "sex offender" is to trivialize what real sex offenders do. Real sex offenders deserve a lifetime label and all of the problems that come with it. Others might learn that you can have any thought you want but act on some of those thoughts and you pay the price!

Why ruin a kids life for a bad decision influenced by alcohol and peer pressure? To label him as a sex offender would be horrible and wrong. I thought it was funny and really wouldn't have cared if I had small children with me, theres really nothing sick and wrong about a naked guy running around. Kids see WAYYYY worse on tv every night. Some of the stuffy people who claim their kids are now scarred for life need to get a clue!

Grizaholic16 said:
Well I must say, I have spoken to Daniel Thew about the incident. This kid is level headed and has good intentions.

Judging by the facebook page he created, his intention is to milk as much out of this as possible. And yes, he set this up himself. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-the-Streaking-Man/257195290988127?sk=info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back