• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

Ashley Schaeffer said:
millertime said:
griz4life said:
Why would any drop down--dont care who--run off and visit another school while his current team prepared for a bowl game? If the Griz had a backup so hot to bolt that he couldn't wait to go visiting I wouldn't think much of him.

I do the same thing with girlfriends. I know when I have overstayed my welcome might as well secure some tail to minimize the dry period between break up sex and the girl drinking tequilla.

What if he wanted to start school in January versus waiting till fall camp?

Hell, pard, I did the same between my first wife, DeShauna, and my current wife, Donna. DeShauna was a great dame: her legs went on for days; she had a nice perky rack; maybe a bit of tease, but I didn't mind. She went off one day and committed bigamy with a pool boy who everyone called "The Water Works", but I didn't mind. In the interim, I found Donna: a well-oiled female bodybuilder who could crack a walnut in a variety of ways, the least of which wasn't a disappointment to me. She was a sight to see with her mandible-crushing quadriceps, and I fell victim more than once.

As far as dry periods go, that was something Donna and I would fight about for years, and still squabble about to this day. But I don't think it's the same kind of dry period you speak of at present.

:lol: :lol: :lol: How do you come up with this shiz? :clap:

griz4life said:
gees, listen to you guys with the cliches. It's an industry? It's a business? Are either of you involved with the former or the latter? Athletics certainly has multiple objectives and unpleasant consequences for a relatively limited group of people if those objectives aren't met. That doesn't make it what you're suggesting.
How do you suggest otherwise? Aren't jobs on the line and money as a revenue source a big part of college football? If you put a losing product on the field there won't be butts in the seats. It is about as big of a business as there is in my mind. Look at the bowl selections. There are millions of dollars on the line and it is imperative that selections are made strategically so that fans are able to accommodate the travel needs.

kemajic said:
hoopmaster111 said:
As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.
As another poster stated, this is the dumbest post of the year; you need to stay with hoops. Forcier had the #1 rating for accuracy by scouts coming out of HS in San Diego. Kemp's passing is so suspect, that the coaching staff has no confidence and converted him to a RB, where he is likely to stay. A spread QB still has to be able to throw the ball. Forcier's highlights also show excellent speed and running ability. In his true freshman year at Michigan, he started out impressively, but wore down as the BCS season progressed. He is small and was getting beat up. Robinson could be an All-American before he's through. Forcier backed him up this year in a quality fashion. His slight frame might be better served in FCS. He would tear up FCS, think Drew Brees.

Since he hasn't redshirted, he also has the option of taking a year off, building up his body and maturing, and moving on to another FBS team where he would have a better shot at starting and staying healthy.

Believe what you want Kem. Kemp has not had the chance to prove whether his passing is suspect or not so that in itself is a BS comment. I really don't know you, and you don't know me so perhaps you should take some time to get to know a little something about someone before you comment on what their football or basketball knowledge is.

I have seen what both Kemp and Forcier did in high school first hand in person. I can tell you hands down Kemp is the better athlete. Kemp was an all-conference guy in Football, Basketball and Track - that speaks to his athleticism. Really, Kemp can play ANY position but has the heart to be the best QB you'd ever see if he was given a chance - think Michael Vick. And he can take a hit - something you'd hope someone with a 'slighter' can take without being knocked out of a game which a few 'FCS' defenders have done to our QBs on more than one occassion who had at least 20lbs more on their frame than Forcier.

I believe ReMax posted several times on his reports on practices he was attending in both the Spring and Fall that Kemp's passing looked good. This can be seen in his senior highlight clips - which right now because of his lack of chances is the only real thing you have to go on show his passing, running, and athletic abilities in general in a game - that is if you have even taken a moment to look at them. If you haven't, here they are once again for your convenience:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtKsGSMg20&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjKkzLiUuk&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

As far as Kemp goes I am not sure what you are basing your comments on. Stats? Pecentage completion? Many times they are a flawed way to look at players. If a percentage of completion looks low - perhaps the QB was always under the gun and had to throw the ball away a lot - check for Ints - if they are low then that was probably the case. As we all know you gotta have a line and WRs that catch the ball in order to be fully effective which is why film or watching a kid in person is a better tool for determining exactly what you got in an athlete.

Forcier cannot be the starting QB at Michigan for the plain and simple fact that he is being beat out by a better athlete. I suspect that the guy that beat out Forcier wasn't rated as high as Forcier coming out of high school. If Scout's ratings are accurate Forcier should be starting and should not be looking to drop down.

You do know that most recruits pay to be on those sites (Scout & Rivals) unless they perform at the top levels at the combines like the one Nike runs in the spring and summer. If they don't participate in the combines or don't pay to be on those sites they don't get featured or marketed. The kids who pay are paying for marketing. Forcier was smart and did that and then some more marketing of his own. Additionally, kids like Kemp and Sambrano who run track and who get to their League, CIF Section and State Championships have to forego those combines because they are always held on a Track and Field Championship weekends.

What I don't understand is why the hell you would not want to put one of your best athletes at QB. Kemp is going into his Junior year next season and has four years (including his redshirt season) of experience as a college athlete. That's four years of physical development not to mention one year under his belt in this current offensive system that is suited to his style. He has a very strong arm, and with the speed and hands we have at WR in Moutra and Sambrano - Kemp would put some air under those passes and those guys could run underneath the ball for TDs instead having to stop and wait for it and get tackled short of the GL. But hey, what the hell do I know.

Re/MaxGriz said:
But... there's even a facebook page about it! Ha

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info#!/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info

This is pretty funny. I think all the "friends" are Griz fans and I suspect so is the administrator. Gotta give the Griz credit for making Tate feel he would be welcome. "Build it and they will come"

The only post I can find on this thread that connects Tate to Montana is
coachHart said:
I live with an advocate (knows stuff about campus, history, locals, gives campus tours etcetera) and one of the other advocates said that (and this was 2.5 - 3 weeks ago) he gave a tour to Mr. And Mrs. Forcer. I know I don't post a lot of stuff on here, and my cred probably isn't that hi. But I don't think people will lie about giving a tour to someone like that just to fuel a rumor. Then he looks like an idiot.

other than this post there really isn't anything saying he is coming that I can find.

The whole Forcier thing is a bit odd. Dad seems way too involved. How can a kid develop leadership when his dad is talking to the press and always seems to be in the "wings" (no pun intended) Seems like a lot of stuff about Tate and not too much about the team.

Do you think this is all a mistake? Maybe a poster saw something on Tate and UM and got all excited. ;)

The whole Forcier thing is a bit odd. Dad seems way too involved. How can a kid develop leadership when his dad is talking to the press and always seems to be in the "wings" (no pun intended) Seems like a lot of stuff about Tate and not too much about the team.

Do you think this is all a mistake? Maybe a poster saw something on Tate and UM and got all excited.

! Since when is a rumor not just as good as the truth on eGriz?

hoopmaster111 said:
kemajic said:
hoopmaster111 said:
As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.
As another poster stated, this is the dumbest post of the year; you need to stay with hoops. Forcier had the #1 rating for accuracy by scouts coming out of HS in San Diego. Kemp's passing is so suspect, that the coaching staff has no confidence and converted him to a RB, where he is likely to stay. A spread QB still has to be able to throw the ball. Forcier's highlights also show excellent speed and running ability. In his true freshman year at Michigan, he started out impressively, but wore down as the BCS season progressed. He is small and was getting beat up. Robinson could be an All-American before he's through. Forcier backed him up this year in a quality fashion. His slight frame might be better served in FCS. He would tear up FCS, think Drew Brees.

Since he hasn't redshirted, he also has the option of taking a year off, building up his body and maturing, and moving on to another FBS team where he would have a better shot at starting and staying healthy.
Believe what you want Kem. Kemp has not had the chance to prove whether his passing is suspect or not so that in itself is a BS comment. I really don't know you, and you don't know me so perhaps you should take some time to get to know a little something about someone before you comment on what their football or basketball knowledge is.

I have seen what both Kemp and Forcier did in high school first hand in person. I can tell you hands down Kemp is the better athlete. Kemp was an all-conference guy in Football, Basketball and Track - that speaks to his athleticism. Really, Kemp can play ANY position but has the heart to be the best QB you'd ever see if he was given a chance - think Michael Vick. And he can take a hit - something you'd hope someone with a 'slighter' can take without being knocked out of a game which a few 'FCS' defenders have done to our QBs on more than one occassion who had at least 20lbs more on their frame than Forcier.

I believe ReMax posted several times on his reports on practices he was attending in both the Spring and Fall that Kemp's passing looked good. This can be seen in his senior highlight clips - which right now because of his lack of chances is the only real thing you have to go on show his passing, running, and athletic abilities in general in a game - that is if you have even taken a moment to look at them. If you haven't, here they are once again for your convenience:

As far as Kemp goes I am not sure what you are basing your comments on. Stats? Pecentage completion? Many times they are a flawed way to look at players. If a percentage of completion looks low - perhaps the QB was always under the gun and had to throw the ball away a lot - check for Ints - if they are low then that was probably the case. As we all know you gotta have a line and WRs that catch the ball in order to be fully effective which is why film or watching a kid in person is a better tool for determining exactly what you got in an athlete.

Forcier cannot be the starting QB at Michigan for the plain and simple fact that he is being beat out by a better athlete. I suspect that the guy that beat out Forcier wasn't rated as high as Forcier coming out of high school. If Scout's ratings are accurate Forcier should be starting and should not be looking to drop down.

You do know that most recruits pay to be on those sites (Scout & Rivals) unless they perform at the top levels at the combines like the one Nike runs in the spring and summer. If they don't participate in the combines or don't pay to be on those sites they don't get featured or marketed. The kids who pay are paying for marketing. Forcier was smart and did that and then some more marketing of his own. Additionally, kids like Kemp and Sambrano who run track and who get to their League, CIF Section and State Championships have to forego those combines because they are always held on a Track and Field Championship weekends.

What I don't understand is why the hell you would not want to put one of your best athletes at QB. Kemp is going into his Junior year next season and has four years (including his redshirt season) of experience as a college athlete. That's four years of physical development not to mention one year under his belt in this current offensive system that is suited to his style. He has a very strong arm, and with the speed and hands we have at WR in Moutra and Sambrano - Kemp would put some air under those passes and those guys could run underneath the ball for TDs instead having to stop and wait for it and get tackled short of the GL. But hey, what the hell do I know.
In your protection of GK, you seem to have missed the issue that I did not criticize Kemp other than to point out the coaches have little confidence in his passing ability. That is an observation, not a slam; I love his athleticism. You don't have to convince me of Kemp's passing ability; you have to convince the coaches. This just in: They probably know more about that than either of us and that decision has been made. Pflu was clear in his 12/24 interview that Kemp would be competing for CR's RB position, not QB. He is looking for better QB candidates.

Here's an article from today with quotes from Forcier about rumors of him leaving that have pretty much been rampant since camp when it looked like Denard was going to be the starter. Sounds like he was close to leaving early in the season but chose to stick it out. My guess is he's leaving after this year and maybe to an FCS team, since his brother did transfer from UCLA to Furman.
But not long after the UConn game, a posting on Twitter said Forcier would transfer.

"That was like the fourth time I'd heard that," Forcier said. "I would have left if I was leaving. You just never know what can happen. It's God's plan. You don't know who's watching, and it's really what you make of it. So I stuck it out. It was actually after the UConn game that I just decided I'm going to stick here at least for this year...."

"Anytime somebody says something to me about leaving, I say, 'I'm still here, aren't I?" Forcier said, pulling his jacket hard to make sure the Michigan logo is properly displayed. "You still see me with all this Michigan stuff on me. This is me. I'm already acclimated to everything here. The education is something you can't pass up."

"You never know what could happen."
http://www.detnews.com/article/20101228/SPORTS0201/12280391/1361/U-M-QB-Tate-Forcier---I-m-still-here--aren-t-I?-

Could his decision come down to a simple...."what will the 49ers do"?

Jim Harbough is a leading candidate (along with Gruden) to become the 49ers next head coach. This is the same Harbough that is being presented as a viable candidate for head coach at Michigan. If the current coach at Michigan remains then Forcier will probably transfer somewhere. So if Harbough is hired as the next HC for the 49ers, then perhaps that could affect where Forcier goes.

Four pages of this is a joke. The kid hasn't been to Missoula, has not talked with the coaches as of yet, he has not announced he is leaving UM (the maze & blue one). There is not one thing to indicate that the kid even knows where the state of Montana is. Its all a pipe dream - let it rest.

And one more thing - Kemp will get a shot at QB in the spring - then we will all know where he stands.

Grizincatland said:
Four pages of this is a joke. The kid hasn't been to Missoula, has not talked with the coaches as of yet, he has not announced he is leaving UM (the maze & blue one). There is not one thing to indicate that the kid even knows where the state of Montana is. Its all a pipe dream - let it rest.

And one more thing - Kemp will get a shot at QB in the spring - then we will all know where he stands.

I do not mind the Forcier thread(s). The biggest joke of all time is how many people mention RK. Amazing, his name is mentioned here more than most true GRIZ players/athletes. His name does not deserve to be mentioned in GRIZ history. He pursued other avenues. Why continue to mention this guy?

Grizincatland said:

And you know all of this because.... :?:

Back