• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

'68griz said:
Huh? I don't think so.

Just checking if I'm still on the ol' ignore, pard. I agree with your post about the devaluation of academic performance in modern collegiate football though. The days of the true student athlete appear to be numbered indeed.

'68griz said:
It may not matter to most people nor to athletic departments, but it matters a whole lot to me -- and I do judge players by what they do in the classroom before what they do on the playing field.
I agree....it matters to a lot of alumni and the university is becoming more dependent upon alumni contributions....the administration can choose...they won't get both...a kid who should not be in college playing anything, or a nice contribution every year....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Since when did academics EVER matter when it comes to a talented guy getting on the football filed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats some funny stuff right there.

It seems to matter at Michigan ;)

'68griz said:
It may not matter to most people nor to athletic departments, but it matters a whole lot to me -- and I do judge players by what they do in the classroom before what they do on the playing field.

But athletic departments dont give a flying fu*k what any fan thinks. They say they do but they dont. They only care about money, who they can get it from and who can make it for them. Criminal records and academics go out the window for dollar $igns.

couldnt agree more... just last season O'Day mentioned that he knows we are getting tired of the DII games

so what happens?... another DII game

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Since when did academics EVER matter when it comes to a talented guy getting on the football filed?

UM just needs to beef up their disabilities Services department to EWU level and Forcier will be fine:

Jones, with the help of Eastern's Disabilities Service Department, has been a hit in the classroom, as well, and is on track to earn a degree in recreation management.

"Since I was little, my dream has always been to play football," he said. "I'd be lying to you, though, if I said I thought I would actually be playing college football — or ever attending college, for that matter — because school was so hard for me.

"But the teachers, advisers and counselor here have done a great job of helping me and being patient with me."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2013581190_eastern03.html

Grizbeer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

UM just needs to beef up their disabilities Services department to EWU level and Forcier will be fine:

Jones, with the help of Eastern's Disabilities Service Department, has been a hit in the classroom, as well, and is on track to earn a degree in recreation management.

"Since I was little, my dream has always been to play football," he said. "I'd be lying to you, though, if I said I thought I would actually be playing college football — or ever attending college, for that matter — because school was so hard for me.

"But the teachers, advisers and counselor here have done a great job of helping me and being patient with me."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2013581190_eastern03.html

Great point, pard. Those fellas with actual learning disabilities make me sick. Give me a lazy kid any day.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
'68griz said:

But athletic departments dont give a flying fu*k what any fan thinks. They say they do but they dont. They only care about money, who they can get it from and who can make it for them. Criminal records and academics go out the window for dollar $igns.

Sigh, I agree with you, Alpha, but that doesn't necessarily mean either I or my money have to follow..

Q&A with Tate Forcier

http://www.freep.com/article/201012...cier-talks-about-quick-rise-fall-in-Ann-Arbor

Interesting quote here.....

On whether the possibility of transferring has passed: "It is what it is. At Michigan, you're going to get a degree here you aren't going to get anywhere else. It's hard to leave an institution like this and find somewhere to match that. When my brothers left (Jason from Michigan and Chris from UCLA), they made sure they found somewhere that could match that in the academic part of that. ... I really don't see myself being anywhere else; I like it too much here."

I believe the above article was done just before Tate was ruled ineligable for the bowl game and had to go back to Anarbor. If he stays and works through it more power to him. However he may want a fresh start.

OrgonGriz said:
I believe the above article was done just before Tate was ruled ineligable for the bowl game and had to go back to Anarbor. If he stays and works through it more power to him. However he may want a fresh start.

I will admit beforehand that this maybe incorrect, but I believe you can not transfer between NCAA schools if academically ineligible and be on scholarship at your new school.

IronMountainGriz&Cat said:
What are you saying, Ashley. Your post makes no sense at all. I would hope you don't mean what you said. Perhaps you have a writing disability?

Oh, sure, pard, you totally can't understand that type of statement, yeah, I believe that completely.

Ashley Schaeffer said:
What are you saying, Ashley. Your post makes no sense at all. I would hope you don't mean what you said. Perhaps you have a writing disability?

Oh, sure, pard, you totally can't understand that type of statement, yeah, I believe that completely.
I hear ya pard - whats your thought on the X5 - good for the polouse winters, or stick with the super duty? dubexposed or good to go?

Luckily this is the twenty first century and discrimination towards disabilities was legislated against in the seventies and eighties. Unfortunately it's impossible to do anything about arrogance.

Unfortunately it's impossible to do anything about arrogance.

Sure there is. Knock them on their ass. That takes the arrogance out of em, for a minute or two.

Grizbeer said:
Ashley Schaeffer said:

I hear ya pard - whats your thought on the X5 - good for the polouse winters, or stick with the super duty? dubexposed or good to go?

It really depends on your intended use, pard. The new X5 is likely the finest handling winter automobile I've ever driven. However, if you need towing, and payload, it might be best to look to Detroit. I'm not sure if the winters you've mentioned are the ones I'm thinking of, and I'm not sure what "dubexposed" means. Other than that, you should give an X5 a test drive, pard. It's a great machine.

what if he had said... "Taiwan Jones makes me sick. Give me a Tate Forcier any day."...

would you have sensed the sarcasm then?

Back