• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

Grizincatland said:
Four pages of this is a joke. The kid hasn't been to Missoula, has not talked with the coaches as of yet, he has not announced he is leaving UM (the maze & blue one). There is not one thing to indicate that the kid even knows where the state of Montana is. Its all a pipe dream - let it rest.

And one more thing - Kemp will get a shot at QB in the spring - then we will all know where he stands.

You might want to check into this........

And Kemp......get over it people.

He wasn't recruited by any big school to play QB, looked at by two different head coaches at Montana and neither thinks he is the guy......and he won't be. I'm glad we are getting him on the field as a RB, next. :?

Grizincatland, i guess your calling coach Pflugrad a liar then. He said late last week Kemp would remain at running back next year and Smithwick-Han and Jordan Johnson are the two QB's for spring ball.

I do agree, the Forcier thing is way off base though, no matter what some will say they've heard on here. He has NOT visited Montana, no matter what Facebook creepers say.

Grizincatland said:
Four pages of this is a joke. The kid hasn't been to Missoula, has not talked with the coaches as of yet, he has not announced he is leaving UM (the maze & blue one). There is not one thing to indicate that the kid even knows where the state of Montana is. Its all a pipe dream - let it rest.

And one more thing - Kemp will get a shot at QB in the spring - then we will all know where he stands.
What needs to be let to rest is the thought that Kemp is still a QB candidate. What part of Pflu's Dec. 24 statement don't you believe?
The coach said converted quarterback Gerald Kemp and redshirt freshmen Jordan Canada and Brett Kirschner are the top RB candidates entering spring ball.
"It was a smart move to get Kemp (at halfback), since we got another good athlete on the field. We redshirted two pretty tailbacks and we feel they'll both contribute early next year."
Highly touted freshman quarterback Jordan Johnston burned his redshirt year to serve as Roper's backup after Selle was injured, but he didn't get much of a chance to show his talent. Johnson is a former Oregon player of the year.
"We put Jordy in some real challenging situations, and he did OK, not super, not terrible. We need more competition at that position," said Pflugrad.
Freshman Shay Smithwick-Hann of Kalispell, who redshirted last fall, will be the other QB getting reps in the spring. Sophomore D.J. Zapata is leaving school to transfer to a California junior college.

kemajic said:
Grizincatland said:

What needs to be let to rest is the thought that Kemp is still a QB candidate. What part of Pflu's Dec. 24 statement don't you believe?
The coach said converted quarterback Gerald Kemp and redshirt freshmen Jordan Canada and Brett Kirschner are the top RB candidates entering spring ball.
"It was a smart move to get Kemp (at halfback), since we got another good athlete on the field. We redshirted two pretty tailbacks and we feel they'll both contribute early next year."
Highly touted freshman quarterback Jordan Johnston burned his redshirt year to serve as Roper's backup after Selle was injured, but he didn't get much of a chance to show his talent. Johnson is a former Oregon player of the year.
"We put Jordy in some real challenging situations, and he did OK, not super, not terrible. We need more competition at that position," said Pflugrad.
Freshman Shay Smithwick-Hann of Kalispell, who redshirted last fall, will be the other QB getting reps in the spring. Sophomore D.J. Zapata is leaving school to transfer to a California junior college.

so your young tailbacks are pretty :lol: :lol:

Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:
Grizincatland said:

so your young tailbacks are pretty :lol: :lol:

Hopefully not what Pflu is recruiting for or the reason he got into coaching.

Ok, I now know who this guy is....just read where he is not academically qualified to play .....just what Montana needs....

I just saw a crawler message on the Music City Bowl that Tate Forcier has been ruled academically ineligible for the Gator Bowl.

Forcier not playing in Michigan's bowl game due to academic issues:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-michigan-forcier

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Michigan backup quarterback Tate Forcier is academically ineligible for the Gator Bowl against No. 21 Mississippi State, a person familiar with the ruling said.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the school would only say that Forcier “did not meet university standards.”

Forcier, who was in Jacksonville for the bowl game, now is traveling back to Michigan.

The sophomore threw for 597 yards and four touchdowns as Denard Robinson’s backup this season. He played in eight games, completing 64 percent of his passes and ran 22 times for 51 yards and a touchdown.

Forcier told the Detroit Free Press on Monday that he has struggled academically.

“I’ve never been the greatest student,” Forcier told the newspaper. “I was always the kid who was street smart but not that smart classroom-wise.”

Forcier told the newspaper that he needed to pass 14 credits this semester to remain eligible and took 16 credits “just in case I didn’t do well in another class.”

AP Sports Writer Larry Lage in Detroit contributed to this report.

That's not a really good way to get out looking for transferring - if that's what he intends to do. Plfu (and coaches prior to him) have talked pretty big on academics, if that's the case this probably isn't a fit.

Oh, please, we already have Atkins, who may not make it academically and has had grade issues since forever, and now people are talking about Forcier. These kind of would-be students work to the detriment of the University of Montana and the athletic department. Why do you want them here? The fact that they may be very good athletes should be absolutely incidental.

Since when did academics EVER matter when it comes to a talented guy getting on the football filed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats some funny stuff right there.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Since when did academics EVER matter when it comes to a talented guy getting on the football filed?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats some funny stuff right there.

Exactly, it hasn't mattered since.... well ever.

It may not matter to most people nor to athletic departments, but it matters a whole lot to me -- and I do judge players by what they do in the classroom before what they do on the playing field.

'68griz said:
It may not matter to most people nor to athletic departments, but it matters a whole lot to me -- and I do judge players by what they do in the classroom before what they do on the playing field.

You said pretty much the exact opposite no more than two months ago, pard.

Latest posts

Back