• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Book

Glendivegriz said:
getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
getgrizzy said:
Oh har-har. OK comedians. Why did she confess? It's a serious question. Did they have some physical evidence or did she tell someone (a testifier) or did she just confess out of nowhere?
Guilt?

Under oath?

Not "sure" what the Defense may have had on her?

They must've had something, because if she gave up on that lie for those reasons she probably would've gave up the entire "lie" also.

Likely the physical examination would not have been consistent with the statement. Thus she backed off that statement. Which yes, would have been a reason to question her credibility in the jurors minds.
I hate to jump into these threads, but this sounds right from what I remember.

In her testimony she didn't bring up the fisting.
Paoli brought up the fact that she said it in her exam.
She admitted it wasn't true.

There may have been more things I don't remember, though.

Hey guys! How do you know a football program has become a full fledged dumpster fire? When the primary discussion that takes place on the football forum is about a book, written by a high profile author, discussing how um likes to sweep gang rapes conducted by their football players under the rug. Burn on Griz nation.

IroneagleXP said:
Hey guys! How do you know a football program has become a full fledged dumpster fire?.

Hmmmm, my guess? When fans of that program are so embarrassed by that fact that they pretend to be fans of another team.

Burn on (and while you're at it, f*ck off), Nooseman.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
I was looking forward to reading the book, but it's fairly boring. Don't know if I'll be able to get through it. Can't imagine this is going to be a big seller, but then what do I know about book publishing.

Some takes so far. Universities aren't equipped or qualified to conduct sexual assault investigations and proceedings like this. The Dean just believed every accuser, and didn't believe the accused. The Dean wouldn't take advice from Aronosky, the university counsel, about fairness and how to conduct the proceedings. Acquaintance/date rape allegations are tough on everyone involved and it's hard to figure out what really happened. One side or the other is very disappointed, and even disgruntled, when prosecutors make their decision whether or not to prosecute. Krakauer likes to omit or bury important information that doesn't fit his agenda. I will never read another book he writes. He's a snake, in my view.
So you don't read something written by a snake? You're a snake in a lot of people's view and you bury/omit info on here constantly. Do you read what you write?

No, I'm trying to read a book that I believe is written by a snake. I don't write books, especially non-fiction books. Non-fiction books are much different than a message board on the internet. While I advocate at times, I provide mostly good and clear information, and I don't make up stuff (like you have a times in the past). Any who thinks I'm a snake must be an idiot like yourself. Ha.

IroneagleXP said:
Hey guys! How do you know a football program has become a full fledged dumpster fire? When the primary discussion that takes place on the football forum is about a book, written by a high profile author, discussing how um likes to sweep gang rapes conducted by their football players under the rug. Burn on Griz nation.

Note that out of all the allegations and 2 charges, only 1 player went to jail and one was kicked out of school (and the guy who went to jail was not allowed back in school). Consider whether most of allegations weren't true and/or weren't provable. Some of what the Missoulian alluded to were actually BS.

Which of these things was ever swept under the rug, by the way? When the
Donaldson accuser went to the police and university, both dealt with the accusation immediately and effectively. When the accuser of JJ went to the police, they investigated and charged, and a jury acquitted him in short order. The AD heard about the JJ matter and immediately informed the right people at the university, and a proceeding started. After the acquittal, the university realized that it's process had been horrible and horribly unfair, and could result in significant liability, so they were persuaded to leave matters alone. I assume that someday we may get to see the supposed 30-page university counsel memo outlining the poor process and potential liability. The gang-rape blow job incident was investigated twice by the police, and they and the prosecutors declined to prosecute both times. As soon as the accuser went to the university, the university started a proceeding. However, after several players got lawyers, the university apparently ended in tossing out only one of the players (think he left ahead the result anyway), and another had previously left the university. Again, what was swept under the rug?

MrTitleist said:
mtgrizrule said:
How many threads do we need about Krackauer and/or his damn tabloid? It would have made too much sense to just bump the original thread when we all 1st heard about the book. The only way I will read his tabloid work is if someone gives me something of his to read. I promise this, I will never spend a cent on his work to pad his pockets!!!

You could just not read the threads.

You could not resist being negative toward me, yet again. I honestly don't get what I ever did to you.

Hey guys, how do you know when you are a pathetic, coward little bitch? Your only pastime revolves around an anonymous message board and creating umpteen screen names to talk shit to a group of people who you will never meet.

Again, what was swept under the rug?

Well, while certainly not "swept under the rug", Pflugrad and O'Day didn't adequately report the allegation of the gang rape involving players.

mtgrizrule said:
MrTitleist said:
mtgrizrule said:
How many threads do we need about Krackauer and/or his damn tabloid? It would have made too much sense to just bump the original thread when we all 1st heard about the book. The only way I will read his tabloid work is if someone gives me something of his to read. I promise this, I will never spend a cent on his work to pad his pockets!!!

You could just not read the threads.

You could not resist being negative toward me, yet again. I honestly don't get what I ever did to you.

Maybe it is what you couldn't, wouldn't or won't do for him? :shock:

Raider said:
Hey guys, how do you know when you are a pathetic, coward little bitch? Your only pastime revolves around an anonymous message board and creating umpteen screen names to talk shit to a group of people who you will never meet.

Unlike yourself of course.... :thumb:

grizindabox said:
Raider said:

Raider you little slutty! Good to see ya man :thumb:

grizindabox said:
Raider said:

....well of course. Three major differences. 1) I don't spend all my time on e-griz, 2) I've only had one screen name, and 3) If I am going to run my mouth, I don't need the anonymity of a message board.

IroneagleXP said:

Hey Chickenwing , You do not belong here , you are an idiot , nobody likes you , get a life and get out of here :thumb:

TCCGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:

Hey Chickenwing , You do not belong here , you are an idiot , nobody likes you , get a life and get out of here :thumb:

mmmm chckenwings

EverettGriz said:
Again, what was swept under the rug?

Well, while certainly not "swept under the rug", Pflugrad and O'Day didn't adequately report the allegation of the gang rape involving players.

O'Day didn't know about that allegation. Pflu had been informed only that the police declined to pursue the matter. He was not told that a UM student was involved. He punished those involved fairly significantly. UM had no policy or procedure in place to report the matter to anyone. No charges were ever brought by the police/prosecutor--who looked at the matter twice. No one involved who got a lawyer was kicked out of school or prevented from graduating. Only one of the player was actually out of school. One. Several others who had already moved on from UM were supposedly told not to come back. Hardly sweeping anything under the rug.

Everett, you ought to try getting your facts in order before you start blabbing incorrect information.

The JJ portions are more interesting to me. Everyone I've talked to thinks the book is sort of boring. I can see the various omissions and shading of the truth by Krakauer. As I predicted, no mention of the federal judge's comments on the unfairness of the university proceeding. Some facts/testimony of the night in question omitted, or even stated incorrectly. Some complete jumping to conclusions, sometimes incorrect conclusions. The only new information presented, and I don't know if it's accurate, is that the Regents or its executive director ruled that UM needed to repeat the investigation using the clear and convincing standard that was in their policy at the time, and have someone else beside the dean do the investigation. Eventually, the new dean ruled that the allegations were not proved to the level of the clear and convincing standard. Proving that not all deans are bad. Ha.

IroneagleXP said:
TCCGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:

mmmm chckenwings

The is no "I" in TEAM but there is one in chckenwings. Suck on that for a bit.

Anyone sane who surveyed e-griz and wanted to sell a books would include at least one quote by both Snap and CDA. Apparently someone doesn't want to sell books!

Back