• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Book

Grisly Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
...Krakauer's best-seller loudly rings alarm bells....
Is it really? Already?

"Grisly Fan wrote:

PR, I am sorry that I changed one of your posts and completely made up the above post. That was dishonest, and I know I shouldn't be doing that. I'm fine with you reporting me to the mods."

How many threads do we need about Krackauer and/or his damn tabloid? It would have made too much sense to just bump the original thread when we all 1st heard about the book. The only way I will read his tabloid work is if someone gives me something of his to read. I promise this, I will never spend a cent on his work to pad his pockets!!!

UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:
Actually, she did lie or shade the truth multiple times, and a number of those lies/shades were proven in court. For example, she told the rape nurse that the accused put his whole hand in the vaginal cavity, and then admitted at trial that the accused had not done that. How is that not a lie, and a pretty big and bad one?
As most trial lawyers will advise their clients, tell the truth. You can't get "caught" in much by that method. Lies, on the other hand, are notorious tar pits for changing stories, making contradictory statements, and being "caught." It's easy to tell the truth. It's much harder to tell a lie. Jane Doe was simply caught in too many lies that she did not need to tell, if her overall story had been true.
How was anyone able to find out she was lying? For instance the fisting lie. Was there physical evidence or did she just confess to lying about that?

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:
Actually, she did lie or shade the truth multiple times, and a number of those lies/shades were proven in court. For example, she told the rape nurse that the accused put his whole hand in the vaginal cavity, and then admitted at trial that the accused had not done that. How is that not a lie, and a pretty big and bad one?
As most trial lawyers will advise their clients, tell the truth. You can't get "caught" in much by that method. Lies, on the other hand, are notorious tar pits for changing stories, making contradictory statements, and being "caught." It's easy to tell the truth. It's much harder to tell a lie. Jane Doe was simply caught in too many lies that she did not need to tell, if her overall story had been true.
How was anyone able to find out she was lying? For instance the fisting lie. Was there physical evidence or did she just confess to lying about that?

For example, she told the rape nurse that the accused put his whole hand in the vaginal cavity, and then admitted at trial that the accused had not done that.

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:

It was a mid-trial OJ moment: if the fist don't fit .....

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:

Not sure about you, but the way I was raised, if you said something happened, and then later admitted it didn't, that was considered lying. Then butt met hand...... And that was about NOTHING as serious as this. I'm not sure how you come to any other conclusion about this specific allegation. She declared to other people that an event happened. Later admitted in court that it didn't. I get that you defend her at every turn, but......

horribilisfan8184 said:
getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:

It was a mid-trial OJ moment: if the fist don't fit .....

:shock:

mtgrizrule said:
How many threads do we need about Krackauer and/or his damn tabloid? It would have made too much sense to just bump the original thread when we all 1st heard about the book. The only way I will read his tabloid work is if someone gives me something of his to read. I promise this, I will never spend a cent on his work to pad his pockets!!!

You could just not read the threads.

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
Washgrizfan1 said:

My recollection is that, on cross with Paoli, it went something like this. Paoli: when you were talking to the nurse doing the rape exam the next day, you told her that JJ had put his fist in your V. That wasn't true, was it? Accuser: No. Maybe Paoli also said that the nurse was alarmed by that, wasn't she?

I was looking forward to reading the book, but it's fairly boring. Don't know if I'll be able to get through it. Can't imagine this is going to be a big seller, but then what do I know about book publishing.

Some takes so far. Universities aren't equipped or qualified to conduct sexual assault investigations and proceedings like this. The Dean just believed every accuser, and didn't believe the accused. The Dean wouldn't take advice from Aronosky, the university counsel, about fairness and how to conduct the proceedings. Acquaintance/date rape allegations are tough on everyone involved and it's hard to figure out what really happened. One side or the other is very disappointed, and even disgruntled, when prosecutors make their decision whether or not to prosecute. Krakauer likes to omit or bury important information that doesn't fit his agenda. I will never read another book he writes. He's a snake, in my view.

Oh har-har. OK comedians. Why did she confess? It's a serious question. Did they have some physical evidence or did she tell someone (a testifier) or did she just confess out of nowhere?

PlayerRep said:
I was looking forward to reading the book, but it's fairly boring. Don't know if I'll be able to get through it. Can't imagine this is going to be a big seller, but then what do I know about book publishing.

Some takes so far. Universities aren't equipped or qualified to conduct sexual assault investigations and proceedings like this. The Dean just believed every accuser, and didn't believe the accused. The Dean wouldn't take advice from Aronosky, the university counsel, about fairness and how to conduct the proceedings. Acquaintance/date rape allegations are tough on everyone involved and it's hard to figure out what really happened. One side or the other is very disappointed, and even disgruntled, when prosecutors make their decision whether or not to prosecute. Krakauer likes to omit or bury important information that doesn't fit his agenda. I will never read another book he writes. He's a snake, in my view.
So you don't read something written by a snake? You're a snake in a lot of people's view and you bury/omit info on here constantly. Do you read what you write?

getgrizzy said:
Oh har-har. OK comedians. Why did she confess? It's a serious question. Did they have some physical evidence or did she tell someone (a testifier) or did she just confess out of nowhere?
Guilt?

Under oath?

Not "sure" what the Defense may have had on her?

UMGriz75 said:
getgrizzy said:
Guilt?

Under oath?

They must've had something, because if she gave up on that lie for those reasons she probably would've gave up the entire "lie" also.

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
getgrizzy said:
Guilt?

Under oath?

They must've had something, because if she gave up on that lie for those reasons she probably would've gave up the entire "lie" also.

Help me out, is he really this thick, or is this just the act of a troll?

getgrizzy said:
UMGriz75 said:
getgrizzy said:
Guilt?

Under oath?

Likely the physical examination would not have been consistent with the statement. Thus she backed off that statement. Which yes, would have been a reason to question her credibility in the jurors minds.

getgrizzy said:

My impression is that she had previously told people, like the prosecutors and Paoli, that what she had said wasn't true.

Back