• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Death of D.O.L.A.

JD givin' that Bobcat player an ear full! One of my favorite Griz pictures...EVER!

Good on ya', Mr. Quinn!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Grizo406 said:
JD givin' that Bobcat player an ear full! One of my favorite Griz pictures...EVER!

Good on ya', Mr. Quinn!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Hilarious. Looks like the Cat player is saying "Check Please!".

GrizPony said:
kemajic said:
Guardiangriz said:
Kurt- you sound like you're quite fond of JD. JD was great to have on our side, but your quote referring to Dow and Hillesland is ridiculous. Hillesland and Chris Dyk (Dyk and Hillesland were on the right side) didn't give up a sack their senior year. They came from the other side of the line (we didn't give up many sacks in general that year). JD's comments i'm sure were tongue in cheek, and just banter that happens amongst all O linemen, not something to be documented, and smacked about on message boards. That line in general was amongst the best we've ever had.

As far as seeing Poehls' (sp) with the DOLA shirt on... I HOPE HE TAKES IT TO HEART THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best Griz OL I have seen was 1994 and it isn't even close. Richmond made the '08 OL look very un-DOLA.

They had two great ends at Richmond and Russum's ankles were so bad he required three surgeries after graduation that year. The backup wasn't quite ready for primetime so that's why it looked so bad. That line was better than 1994 in my opinion, just injured.
Can't agree. I was at the semi game in '94 at eventual NC Youngstown. Our backup QB was horrible; took all day and still could not hit the broad side of a barn. However, in spite of this the YSU rush could not get to him. Gragg and Simonson were awesome at tackles; so who on the '08 OL do you compare to Gragg?

How Papa Bear felt about that OL is illustrated by his quote that had Ochs had DD's OL we would have him on the pedestal instead of DD.

Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic that it will return this season. Gerber's strength program should help. Hopefully, we'll get surprised with good o-line play and some DOLA.

If you want Oklahoma Sooner quality linemen, you have to get the likes of JD Quinn. We all know why he didn't ride the Sooner Schooner all the way. Lucky we got him. Drop downs, son! Along with their baggage.

statler & waldorf said:
If you want Oklahoma Sooner quality linemen, you have to get the likes of JD Quinn. We all know why he didn't ride the Sooner Schooner all the way. Lucky we got him. Drop downs, son! Along with their baggage.

We wouldn't want Quinn now. Only weighs about 200 lbs. Also, the new regime of non-coach overseers of the athletic programs probably wouldn't approve his transfer now.

Indian reply:

Me know why.

Me want to know who?

Good ol Dola, I did not think I'd ever forget her!

Well I'm not drunk but I can't understand why she walks like a woman and talks like a man, I said my dola D-O-L-A dola

PlayerRep said:
Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic that it will return this season. Gerber's strength program should help. Hopefully, we'll get surprised with good o-line play and some DOLA.

I agree. The change from Oviatt to Gerber is a huge upgrade, although it gets very little press its a huge coaching change. This team will definitely be stronger.

Two names come to mind.

Jackson and Torres.
I seriously doubt these kids will actually Red Shirt. Mark my words on this one...
Not to mention the other O-line boys recruited, I cant speak for the other boys but I can almost guarantee if Stitts involved, Montana will be back to some form of DOLA

Your DOLA will have a twist

SMART IN THE CLASS AND STRONG AS A MOTHER $#%$ER ON THE FIELD

Intelligent DOLA?

KidColorado said:
Two names come to mind.

Jackson and Torres.
I seriously doubt these kids will actually Red Shirt. Mark my words on this one...
Not to mention the other O-line boys recruited, I cant speak for the other boys but I can almost guarantee if Stitts involved, Montana will be back to some form of DOLA

Your DOLA will have a twist

SMART IN THE CLASS AND STRONG AS A MOTHER $#%$ER ON THE FIELD

Intelligent DOLA?

Will do :thumb: Like your enthusiasm, but barring a major rash of injuries I'd be totally shocked if neither redshirted...when you play true freshmen you're essentially trading in their potential as a fifth year player for their contribution as a true freshmen. Stitt knows this as well as anyone. Reese was a really good pickup a few years back (number 1 Oregon o-line recruit and beat NDSU out for him), yet was one of the only o-linemen in recent history that played as a true freshmen. However, it was basically an emergency. We did not have enough bodies.

This year we have good depth and numbers. Next year is when we'll be very young and perhaps thin on numbers, albeit big and very talented. I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer or two in the o-line next year plus another four or five high school recruits to keep the numbers up. Also, we've had alot of really bright and tough o-linemen come through the program...

Back