• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Death of D.O.L.A.

AZGrizFan said:
I'm not sure how you can watch that video from '08 and NOT come to the conclusion that DOLA is gone.
Funny thing is after that game in '08 I ran into Quinn. Among other things I asked him how come the O-Line was giving up so many sacks. Instead of punching me in the mouth he just said 2 words - "Fu#%ing Phenicie". I am sure if you scanned this board for "offensive line, 2008" you would find plenty of "what is wrong with our o-line, they are too talented to give up plays like that" type posts from that period.

Kokanee Griz said:
The fact that our offense is so predictable does not help our oline. Everyone fan in WaGriz knows when it will be a pass or run.
Because they have a 50% chance of being correct?

Kokanee Griz said:
The fact that our offense is so predictable does not help our oline. Everyone fan in WaGriz knows when it will be a pass or run.

Really? Were you expecting a run on 3rd & 13? :?

PlayerRep said:
kurtismichael said:
PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:
Although Quinn was an ass I loved the nastiness he brought to the OL.

I really like Quinn. He's fun-loving, smart and you can count on him. Have spent time with him over the years and stay in touch with him. He's done fairly well for himself, in terms of income.

I had the opportunity to meet and be around J.D. after the Griz-Cat game. He was watching the game in DVR. He was slamming Colin Dow and Terran Hilsland saying they were pansises and always out of position, whiffing on blocks Etc. He said he was always having to cover their asses for them. He seemed like a mean, nasty, cocky SOB asshole. Before I realized who he was I said Mariani was my favorite Griz player and he gave me a D.O.L.A. look. We both had had a few beers. So my impression you asked, I loved the guy funny as hell and he even autographed my hat for my two year old son. I still wear it even though it's falling apart and the autograph is just a smear of worn ink now. Loved how he played and still one of my favorite Griz lineman ever. His Dad seemed nice too. Tell him hi PR.

His dad is a good guy. A psychologist, I believe. Has about 5 college degrees. Must be a smart guy. I think he played for Horned Frogs.

Jim Quinn is a great man, a doctorate and two masters, very intelligent and great to be around. He played for TCU at linebacker and still texts me weekly updates when they are playing, I text him Griz updates. JD is a loyal friend that would do anything for you if you needed it. Good family and good people.

AZGrizFan said:
Kokanee Griz said:

Really? Were you expecting a run on 3rd & 13? :?
Didn't seem to surprise EWU much, did it....

Big G said:
Kokanee Griz said:
Because they have a 50% chance of being correct?

That's funny! :lol: However, I have noticed that it has become common to hear multiple people in the crowd at least guess "Hand-off to Canada." It is fairly predictable.

Predictable. 2 back formation its a run, motion a guy down the line its a run, 5 wide its a pass. When you run 6 plays, 4 of which are runs up the gut, a flanker screen, and the long ball its not difficult for a defense. Maybe run out of a throwing formation or throw out of a run formation, mix it up. Disappointed they didnt open up the playbook for this game. Predictable.

:twisted:BUMP

Just on campus to turn in my playoff season ticket request and walked by William Poehls and he was wearing a D.O.L.A. T-shirt. So, you all think the O Line will bring some D.O.L.A against the Scats? I hope so, I'd like to see Canada and Nyguen and/or Van put up 100+ each!

Other things about being on campus on a week day:

1. I forgot the wind never stops blowing and it always feel colder here than in Lolo.

2. Damn I feel old now, everyone walking by me looked 15 years old.

Kurt- you sound like you're quite fond of JD. JD was great to have on our side, but your quote referring to Dow and Hillesland is ridiculous. Hillesland and Chris Dyk (Dyk and Hillesland were on the right side) didn't give up a sack their senior year. They came from the other side of the line (we didn't give up many sacks in general that year). JD's comments i'm sure were tongue in cheek, and just banter that happens amongst all O linemen, not something to be documented, and smacked about on message boards. That line in general was amongst the best we've ever had.

As far as seeing Poehls' (sp) with the DOLA shirt on... I HOPE HE TAKES IT TO HEART THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardiangriz said:
Kurt- you sound like you're quite fond of JD. JD was great to have on our side, but your quote referring to Dow and Hillesland is ridiculous. Hillesland and Chris Dyk (Dyk and Hillesland were on the right side) didn't give up a sack their senior year. They came from the other side of the line (we didn't give up many sacks in general that year). JD's comments i'm sure were tongue in cheek, and just banter that happens amongst all O linemen, not something to be documented, and smacked about on message boards. That line in general was amongst the best we've ever had.

As far as seeing Poehls' (sp) with the DOLA shirt on... I HOPE HE TAKES IT TO HEART THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just what he said and yes he was obviously joking. Wasn't trying to talk smack or insinuate all those guys weren't great lineman, because they were. No secret JD thought he was the best, but that's the attitude I liked about him. If Dow or Hillesland had been there I'm sure they would have dished it right back. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way. Anyone that is familiar with me knows that I don't talk bad about players. For what it is worth none if those guys are in a Griz uniform any longer and I didn't repeat that story to anyone while they were still active players. Go Griz!

Thanks for that response K.I.M., and GO GRIZ! I, too, loved his attitude... add in Levi Horn's attitude, and the outright dominance of TH and Dyk, what an O-line that was. Unbelievable.

Clearly, we don't have that caliber this year, but these guys aren't bad either. If they bring the attitude against the cats, we'll be just fine!!

:thumb:

Guardiangriz said:

The best Griz OL I have seen was 1994 and it isn't even close. Richmond made the '08 OL look very un-DOLA.

Guardiangriz said:
Thanks for that response K.I.M., and GO GRIZ! I, too, loved his attitude... add in Levi Horn's attitude, and the outright dominance of TH and Dyk, what an O-line that was. Unbelievable.

Clearly, we don't have that caliber this year, but these guys aren't bad either. If they bring the attitude against the cats, we'll be just fine!!

:thumb:

No problem. No doubt this line has the ability to get it done. I think they'll do fine Saturday.

I'm a bit surprised that Poole doesn't show more DOLA. I think of all the o-lineman that he is the closest one to having it. Wished he would show it more.

...this dola that iz spoken of...
...seemz directly proportional...
...how fazt can you move your feet...
...fazter you move your feet the more dola...

... :cool: ...

kemajic said:
Guardiangriz said:

The best Griz OL I have seen was 1994 and it isn't even close. Richmond made the '08 OL look very un-DOLA.

They had two great ends at Richmond and Russum's ankles were so bad he required three surgeries after graduation that year. The backup wasn't quite ready for primetime so that's why it looked so bad. That line was better than 1994 in my opinion, just injured.

Didn't the Griz lose Berquist to injury in that game against Richmond? And come to think of it, didn't Drew Miller go out of the game to injury in the 2000 title game?

mtgriz said:
Didn't the Griz lose Berquist to injury in that game against Richmond? And come to think of it, didn't Drew Miller go out of the game to injury in the 2000 title game?

Bergquist got a bad thigh brush on a scramble early in the game, but continued to play. It impacted mobility the rest of the game. Yes, Miller got hurt during the game.

There was plenty of DOLA in the second half against Weber. Almost all of the o-lineman were wearing black tee shirts with big DOLA letters on them, on Saturday morning last weekend. I expect big DOLA in Bozeman on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back