• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Death of D.O.L.A.

I'm not sure how you can watch that video from '08 and NOT come to the conclusion that DOLA is gone.

Hammer said:
Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..

Although Quinn was an ass I loved the nastiness he brought to the OL.

I really like Quinn. He's fun-loving, smart and you can count on him. Have spent time with him over the years and stay in touch with him. He's done fairly well for himself, in terms of income.

AZGrizFan said:
I'm not sure how you can watch that video from '08 and NOT come to the conclusion that DOLA is gone.
:thumb: That is why I posted it, mainly. Plus the pics got me thinking about the good ole days.

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
:thumb: That is why I posted it, mainly. Plus the pics got me thinking about the good ole days.

I also saw a lot of REALLY good tackling by Schillinger, et. al., in that clip. Just sayin'...

Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..
What a great game that was, probably one of the most entertaining Griz games in recent memory. That team was loaded great players, and they had an attitude on both sides of the ball.

That attitude comes from the top. Bobby Hauck is a pure red-ass, and his teams played mean. It makes laugh when people criticized him for not being good with the media. How many people think Nick Sabin is a nice guy? How many Alabama fans care?

Its sad to say the DOLA is dead, but I think BW hit the nail on the head.

The fact that our offense is so predictable does not help our oline. Everyone fan in WaGriz knows when it will be a pass or run.

PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:
Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..

I really like Quinn. He's fun-loving, smart and you can count on him. Have spent time with him over the years and stay in touch with him. He's done fairly well for himself, in terms of income.

I don't know him, just going by what I have been told is that he could be kinda an ass to people off the field. I said I loved his attitude on the field, wish our current OL had some of his nastiness. What is JD doing these days?

Hammer said:
PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:
Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..

I don't know him, just going by what I have been told is that he could be kinda an ass to people off the field. I said I loved his attitude on the field, wish our current OL had some of his nastiness. What is JD doing these days?

He had been working in Texas for a number of years. Grizpony probably talks to him more often that I do, although I got some texts from him a few weeks ago.

A Griz player who hated Hauck wanted transfer and I told him do you like winning more than you hate BH? Well he stayed and became an great Griz player over his career. Thank me very much Griz Nation!

Kokanee Griz said:
The fact that our offense is so predictable does not help our oline. Everyone fan in WaGriz knows when it will be a pass or run.

Actually just the opposite for me. There were several plays when EWU had 8-9 players in the box and I was sure the Griz would pass. Guess what, they still tried to run it! :?

I think the "Bad Ass" attitude is gone entirely from this team. Every unit needs a few bad asses. I cannot remember what game it was, but Henderson show a little cockiness after a TD. I loved it and felt like a little swagger would return to the team. I was wrong, it has not returned. I think we have a few guys that have that swagger, but coaches don't want them bringing it out.

Henderson, Van, Goodwin, Tripp, Bienemann (sp?) to name a few. I wish the guys that have it could let it out. Hard to believe there is not a few OL with some attitude and swagger. Hate to admit it, but I miss some of the swagger Tru, Chase, Colt, Quinn, Horn, Wilson, Roots, etc brought to the field. Even if those guys did not say anything, they exuded confidence and would never be backed down by anyone. Those guys always brought a mental edge to the team. It looks to me not only was Delaney brought aboard to clean up the off the field crap, but for them to have a better image on the field too. Sorry, swagger and attitude are very much needed on the field.

Wayne Tinkle lets his guys with SWAG show it on the court. Cherry, Gregory, Jamar, Deshields, etc all have it. Neither of them are disrespectful on the court to the opponents, officials, fans, etc. Those attitudes are needed for a mental edge. Granted a whole team of that can be disastrous as well, but it is good to have it mixed in. Funny all the guys I just mentioned are guards. I hope to see a return of some swagger as a whole on the football team. I feel it would be helpful.

Where do I vote for JD Quinn to become our Offensive Line coach, or be on the staff at all? Imagine the toughness and swagger that would return with him on staff. Absolutely love this idea.

Hammer said:
Kokanee Griz said:

Actually just the opposite for me. There were several plays when EWU had 8-9 players in the box and I was sure the Griz would pass. Guess what, they still tried to run it! :?
Yup. Even my girlfriend was asking me why they would try to run it when there was so many guys up on the line waiting for a run. I didn't have an answer but she learned what Stacking the Box meant. Fuckin crazy. I would imagine EWU's D had a few laughs on the way home :|

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQDyfqESf8c[/youtube]
DOLA after Bobby left? Looks pretty tough to me.

PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:
Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..

I had the opportunity to meet and be around J.D. after the Griz-Cat game. He was watching the game in DVR. He was slamming Colin Dow and Terran Hilsland saying they were pansises and always out of position, whiffing on blocks Etc. He said he was always having to cover their asses for them. He seemed like a mean, nasty, cocky SOB asshole. Before I realized who he was I said Mariani was my favorite Griz player and he gave me a D.O.L.A. look. We both had had a few beers. So my impression you asked, I loved the guy funny as hell and he even autographed my hat for my two year old son. I still wear it even though it's falling apart and the autograph is just a smear of worn ink now. Loved how he played and still one of my favorite Griz lineman ever. His Dad seemed nice too. Tell him hi PR.

kurtismichael said:
PlayerRep said:
Hammer said:
Geddes said:
grizvsmsu08303kh2.jpg

grizvsmsu08315qt9.jpg

Caption this..

I had the opportunity to meet and be around J.D. after the Griz-Cat game. He was watching the game in DVR. He was slamming Colin Dow and Terran Hilsland saying they were pansises and always out of position, whiffing on blocks Etc. He said he was always having to cover their asses for them. He seemed like a mean, nasty, cocky SOB asshole. Before I realized who he was I said Mariani was my favorite Griz player and he gave me a D.O.L.A. look. We both had had a few beers. So my impression you asked, I loved the guy funny as hell and he even autographed my hat for my two year old son. I still wear it even though it's falling apart and the autograph is just a smear of worn ink now. Loved how he played and still one of my favorite Griz lineman ever. His Dad seemed nice too. Tell him hi PR.

His dad is a good guy. A psychologist, I believe. Has about 5 college degrees. Must be a smart guy. I think he played for Horned Frogs.

RIP DOLA :cry:

I along with Griz Nation miss you dearly. I hope you can be born again within the Griz O-line sooner rather than later.

Latest posts

Back