• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The too early 2016 Big Sky Poll

stonecrest said:
Shouldn't the Cats be in the number one hole. Don't they own the state and the Big Sky?
Shouldn't the griz be playing in the NFL? I mean you got that innovative coach who wears that sweet green hat. Didn't Bob's Titts turn down a bunch of NFL coaching offers so he could stay a d2 coach and give advice to NFL coaches? But in all honesty, coach stitt ain't shit and the grizz suck balls. #juco2018.

doc3kgt might want to consider attending a 3 month rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. Once he passes the program he might see the sunshine, until then he can't make it as a first string troll.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, msu always leads the pack during the pre-season polls. I doubt that we have to wait for the famous cat meltdown in November as this season indicates they won't win many games period.

stonecrest said:
Shouldn't the Cats be in the number one hole. Don't they own the state and the Big Sky?

Yes, and on BN, I'm sure their "too early 2016 Big Sky Poll" would certainly agree with that statement.

Umista said:
doc3kgt might want to consider attending a 3 month rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. Once he passes the program he might see the sunshine, until then he can't make it as a first string troll.
Down in Wombatland, after the past six months, the waiting list for treatment is no doubt very, very long.

You certainly get the feeling on Wombat Nation. The Red Queen may have indeed acted appropriately with her usual response to problems -- "Off With Their Heads!" -- but there is definitely a growing sense of impending doom over there.

That in the place of program with definite problems, which were getting worse not better under an otherwise experienced and successful coach, she left no program at all. Just a very large hole in the ground where once there was at least something they could call a football program, and in good years, a pretty good one.

And Montana's largest Septic Tank.

havgrizfan said:
Spring ball almost over, voting for the preseason poll still a few months away, I thought I'd take a stab at it based on the few things I've seen, read about and know about the Big Sky going into next year. Last year, I was only two off from picking the preseason media poll correctly. So, fun to see how I do this year. Feel free to rip it to shreds and tear it apart. It's still fun.

1. Northern Arizona (Lots of talent, Jacks win on the road, and Jerome might get his own ring)
2. Eastern Washington (Dangerous offense, always. Brutal non-con schedule, but will always be a factor)
3. Montana (Unproven talent, and brutal road schedule, but, Montana is always there)
4. Portland State (key losses, but a good defense and momentum keep them in the hunt)
5. Montana State (Still think Cats will better than most think, but no way D improves enough in one year)
6. North Dakota (Wanted to put them higher, but UND still has to prove it in key games)
7. Southern Utah (Back to reality for the T-Birds)
8. Cal Poly (Every year, everybody loves Poly early. They are always forgotten by November)
9. Weber State (Also wanted to rank them higher, but too much talent above them)
10. Northern Colorado (Getting better and better, but not top half of Big Sky better)
11. Idaho State (who cares)
12. UC Davis (who cares)
13. Sac State (who cares)
I agree that NAU is the clear frontrunner, but disagree on UND. I think they blew it in games against lesser teams. They lost to ISU at home by six and to WSU by one on the road. Win those games and they're league champs at 7-1 and 9-2 overall. I think it'll be NAU then UND, but the rest of the league is anyone's guess. NAU and UND aren't anything special and won't do anything in the playoffs, but the next level of teams are average at best. EWU and MSU have horrid defenses. PSU, SUU and Cal Poly lost a ton. I honestly don't think anyone has the slightest idea what we have until the season starts.

Any preseason poll that doesn't list the Bobcats #1 is automatically false. Similarly, any postseason that includes the Bobcats in any sport is automatically an "off year."

doc3kgt said:
stonecrest said:
Shouldn't the griz be playing in the NFL?

Doc3lbt, how could they play in the NFL when they are clearly a college team? It just doesn't make sense...

CDAGRIZ said:
doc3kgt said:
stonecrest said:

Doc3lbt, how could they play in the NFL when they are clearly a college team? It just doesn't make sense...

Guys, guys, guys. Don't be too hard on our cupcake. Collie's run off.

doc3kgt said:
stonecrest said:
Shouldn't the griz be playing in the NFL? I mean you got that innovative coach who wears that sweet green hat. Didn't Bob's Titts turn down a bunch of NFL coaching offers so he could stay a d2 coach and give advice to NFL coaches? But in all honesty, coach stitt ain't shit and the grizz suck balls. #juco2018.

I nominate doc3kgt for the dumbest post of the year........

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
doc3kgt said:
stonecrest said:

Guys, guys, guys. Don't be too hard on our cupcake. Collie's run off.

That's right! I completely forgot he molests collies.

Just for fun, where would you rank 2016 Idaho if they played in the Big Sky, assuming current FBS funding and scholarships?

Herd said:
Just for fun, where would you rank 2016 Idaho if they played in the Big Sky, assuming current FBS funding and scholarships?

3 maybe 4
Would depend on how they were scheduled, both home and away against other top BSC teams
and how many of them they played? :roll:

Honestly I think the conference is going to be up in the air until a couple weeks into the season as a lot of the teams have questions that need answering do to multiple factors like scheduling, personnel lost ect. However if I were to guess right now I would break the teams up into the following in no particular order:

Top Tier:
-Montana
-NAU
-UND
-PSU

Middle Tier:
-MSU
-EWU
-WSU
-SUU
-Cal Poly
-UNC

Lower Tier:
-ISU
-UCD
-SAC

Putting EWU at middle tier is a little low. Their recieving Corp may be the best in all of FCS and their passing offense will be top 10. Putting points on the board in this conference will win a lot of games. If their D can be middle of the pack they could win the conference. I've got Griz, Eags, NAU, UND has top tier in that order.

Back