• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Cal Poly Predictions

52-21 GRIZ! Offense will be more jelled. Defense will be hungry from last year's lose.

The Griz will struggle with the trippy-option initially, so the Polyester's will get some points on the board early, like 17. The Griz halftime adjustments will shut down the Polynomials in the 2nd half.

Griz 38
calponin (A family of proteins that binds calcium) 17

firmgriz said:
The forecast for Saturday is highs in the 50s and upwards of 3/4 of an inch of rain. Cold and wet will favor the Griz as they will see some colder, wetter weather this week. Cal Poly will not know what cool rainy weather is until they show up to play. Weather advantage Griz. Even better, the Griz are a better team this year than Cal Poly, particularly with KVA and Gamboa playing together. The Griz send Cal Poly back to the CA drought with an 0-1 record.

Griz - 48
SLO - 24

Go Griz!

I like that because last year KVA left with a concussion a few minutes in. Now a healthy KVA who is better than ever and Gamboa who didn't play the last time against CP and is out for some.... you know. Wow

I picked against the griz last week, and I was glad to eat crow. Griz won't have a let down at home against a team with whom they have a major score to settle. GRIZ - 35
POLY - 21

Cal poly will show the rest of the BSC what the lack of a really good secondary cant do against the best group of receivers in the conference. With Brady gaining confidence and timing it will be a blowout. Defense may struggle early but Mr Brown will know our defense on first name basis by 3rd quarter. Griz 62 Poly 24

I, like many posters, predicted a fun but eventually loss for the Griz last week. I will gladly admit I was wrong in not expecting this amount of success early on. While it was just one game, it proved the Griz can immediately be a contender under Stitt's system. Now it will be interesting to see this team go up against a familiar opponent who has had their own success against the Griz and now has a good idea what to expect from Stitt's offense. Im not convinced the Griz will be able to shut down Cal Poly's TO this year, but now we have an offense to win in a shootout type game if it comes to it like last week. Here's to the offense being more on the same page this week and the defense making a few key stops when needed:

GRIZ - 45

Cal Poly - 31

Remember this guy down at the game in SLO???? ........http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2015-16/bios/brown_chris_b27c

Trap game.
Poly brings it...

Griz eek out a hard fought One touchdown win after their NDSU victory Hhhang-over ...Griz pull another rabbit outta the hat to win this one late.........42-35 Griz.

Coach Stitt said a few things that tell me that the Griz will be mentally and emotionally ready for Cal Poly:

1) The Griz don't lose at home
2) The Griz need to be scared to death that they don't keep this winning momentum going, so they will.
3) Coach Stitt has some defensive changes planned for Cal Poly, that's why he coaches (the x's and o's).

We will find out who the better team is Saturday night. Both are legit pre-season BSC title contenders.

FYI seeing the game beyond being carried by Cowles Media , is going to be carried by Altitude too

Chris Brown will have a shadow the whole game-probably Gamboa. He will not gain 200+ yards like last year. More team speed in the Griz secondary will help contain the triple option.

Griz 42
Cal Poly 24

Latest posts

Back