• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Urban Meyer

Bisonfanatical said:
4theluvofgriz said:
What has happened to our system in this country that has caused this lynch-mob mentality? The assistant coach was never convicted of abusing his wife. So, should Meyer have fired him just because of the accusation of such by his wife? I find it reprehensible that our society has degraded to the point that simple accusations, with no proof, can be used to ruin careers (and lives).
Among many agreeable points that were just posted by player rep I also stand for this comment you made.

There is such a horrible movement in this country by people who possess an extremely skewed and/or subversive mentality, who are in turn promoting civil unrest.

That "metoo" nonsense is a very horrific way to destroy innocent lives (usually). The facts should always be brought to light BEFORE heads start to roll ... what ever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Pretty much gone as far as social and conventional media are concerned (see my post at the top of the previous page). I cannot speak to Urban's statement to the press, since I've not seen it "live." So I won't go there.

But, RE the statement about "minding his own business" and counter statements that "it was his business." Being a football coach obviously has some key differences ... but it is still a boss-to-employee relationship in a government-controlled environment. That I can speak to.

I spent most of my "day job" career working for organizations that survived on government contracts ... and were therefore subject to those laws and rules (laws interpreted by government bureaucrats). We were expressly forbidden from intruding into our subordinate's private lives unless we could prove that that private behavior adversely affected his/her job performance.

I never had a really bad case along those lines, but one of my fellow section managers got caught in a messy one. Just about everyone knew this one guy was an alcoholic and (from those who went drinking with him) a "bad drunk." His fellow drinkers reported, but had no proof, that he beat up his wife pretty much every time he was stinking drunk. But, while he might show up at work with a bad, bad hangover, he did his job just fine. Still, my colleague went to Human Resources for advice. HR told him that the most he could do was, in a low key manner, "suggest" that the guy might consider some personal counseling. The guy, being in total denial (often the case), vehemently rejected the suggestion and threatened to report the manager to HR for his "harassment."

Sadly, the employee was killed in a DUI-related car accident a few months later (but at least he didn't take anyone else with him). Obviously, a lot of pain, and a death, could have been prevented if "the system" had been more proactive in this case. But there are good, valid reasons to take a hard line against letting supervisors "meddle" in the lives of people they have power over ... obvious enough that I should not have to detail them

Dutch Lane said:
The problem that everyone seems to ignore is that Urban lied at a presser and then tried to walk it back which made it worse for him. The real issue is what’s up with Urbans character, why lie about things that he didn’t have to. The guy got caught in a lie and the whole mess was of his own making by even associating with Smith after Florida. It’s okay Urban you can tell the truth about what happens in you program you’re the head guy he should act like it rather then being a weasel. Hard to try and justify something when your guy is caught in a lie. Urban should just come out and say I lied to protect myself and I shouldn’t have. So the question is are you guys ok with urban lieing, and what should be the repercussions if any.
He didn't lie under oath, so there is no crime.
The problem is, is that we are a part of a country of liars, from our ancestors, including our mommy's, right on to our loving clergy.
Unless you are so wacked believe there is a fat man in a red suit flying thru the air delivering presents, blah blah blah

Not a one of us on this board who doesn't lie thru our teeth and who can't find a way to justify our absolute love of lies.
BUT ... we love to make excuses for ourselves and yet we want to fry the other guy.
IMO

Ursa Major said:
Blame the woman. Seems like eGriz is getting back to normal. SMFH
Don't recall anyone blaming a woman, just want the court to try the case, with the facts BEFORE the media circus.

Herd said:
4theluvofgriz said:
What has happened to our system in this country that has caused this lynch-mob mentality? The assistant coach was never convicted of abusing his wife. So, should Meyer have fired him just because of the accusation of such by his wife? I find it reprehensible that our society has degraded to the point that simple accusations, with no proof, can be used to ruin careers (and lives).

Reported Txt messages from wife with choking references and apology from Smith seem pretty damming if they are legit. Smith seems to be copping to abuse, again if the messages are legit.

Did you read the texts? The texts are not clear, and poorly written (as texts often are), and his response doesn't say he admits to grabbing her neck.He apologizes for lies, not grabbing her neck. He seems to say "I know" to her saying that things go worse when she would catch in him in his lies.

In any event, how is Meyer supposed to know about these texts? She appears not to have given them to the police, Meyer or anyone, until recently. I.e. after Smith was fired.

Herd said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Reported Txt messages from wife with choking references and apology from Smith seem pretty damming if they are legit. Smith seems to be copping to abuse, again if the messages are legit.

Did you read the texts? The texts are not clear, and poorly written (as texts often are), and his response doesn't say he admits to grabbing her neck.He apologizes for lies, not grabbing her neck. He seems to say "I know" to her saying that things go worse when she would catch in him in his lies.

In any event, how is Meyer supposed to know about these texts? She appears not to have given them to the police, Meyer or anyone, until recently. I.e. after Smith was fired.

IdaGriz01 said:
Bisonfanatical said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Among many agreeable points that were just posted by player rep I also stand for this comment you made.

There is such a horrible movement in this country by people who possess an extremely skewed and/or subversive mentality, who are in turn promoting civil unrest.

That "metoo" nonsense is a very horrific way to destroy innocent lives (usually). The facts should always be brought to light BEFORE heads start to roll ... what ever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

Pretty much gone as far as social and conventional media are concerned (see my post at the top of the previous page). I cannot speak to Urban's statement to the press, since I've not seen it "live." So I won't go there.

But, RE the statement about "minding his own business" and counter statements that "it was his business." Being a football coach obviously has some key differences ... but it is still a boss-to-employee relationship in a government-controlled environment. That I can speak to.

I spent most of my "day job" career working for organizations that survived on government contracts ... and were therefore subject to those laws and rules (laws interpreted by government bureaucrats). We were expressly forbidden from intruding into our subordinate's private lives unless we could prove that that private behavior adversely affected his/her job performance.

I never had a really bad case along those lines, but one of my fellow section managers got caught in a messy one. Just about everyone knew this one guy was an alcoholic and (from those who went drinking with him) a "bad drunk." His fellow drinkers reported, but had no proof, that he beat up his wife pretty much every time he was stinking drunk. But, while he might show up at work with a bad, bad hangover, he did his job just fine. Still, my colleague went to Human Resources for advice. HR told him that the most he could do was, in a low key manner, "suggest" that the guy might consider some personal counseling. The guy, being in total denial (often the case), vehemently rejected the suggestion and threatened to report the manager to HR for his "harassment."

Sadly, the employee was killed in a DUI-related car accident a few months later (but at least he didn't take anyone else with him). Obviously, a lot of pain, and a death, could have been prevented if "the system" had been more proactive in this case. But there are good, valid reasons to take a hard line against letting supervisors "meddle" in the lives of people they have power over ... obvious enough that I should not have to detail them
Good points here ... the 2 things that should have to come to light thru the court system ... imo ... are, did the abuse take place by Smith .... and then was there an justifiable problem from the head coach to warrant his dismissal based on the first decision. .

Dutch Lane said:
The problem that everyone seems to ignore is that Urban lied at a presser and then tried to walk it back which made it worse for him. The real issue is what’s up with Urbans character, why lie about things that he didn’t have to. The guy got caught in a lie and the whole mess was of his own making by even associating with Smith after Florida. It’s okay Urban you can tell the truth about what happens in you program you’re the head guy he should act like it rather then being a weasel. Hard to try and justify something when your guy is caught in a lie. Urban should just come out and say I lied to protect myself and I shouldn’t have. So the question is are you guys ok with urban lieing, and what should be the repercussions if any.

You are so full of it! You'd fit right in as a host of The View.

PlayerRep said:
Herd said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Right. There has never been an individual convicted because of a text message. The lynch-mob crowd on this board sound like CNN reporters. Quite sure Urban is also guilty of Russian collusion too, according to these guys.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

Who has blamed the woman?

I'm starting to wonder if the ex-wife is a bit of a nut case.

Go talk to GG and get straightened out.

That's not blaming the woman.You can't read.

By the way, GG used to work for my firm and is one of my best friends. Maybe you should take to her.

I am quite sure the same individuals who want Meyer fired are the same ones who wanted to hang Jordy Johnson from the goal post because that wacko chick accused him of rape. This mentality is fostered by the daily fake news spewed by the mainstream media, the hypocritical celebrities, and talking headed late-night hosts masquerading as "comedians".

4theluvofgriz said:
I am quite sure the same individuals who want Meyer fired are the same ones who wanted to hang Jordy Johnson from the goal post because that wacko chick accused him of rape. This mentality is fostered by the daily fake news spewed by the mainstream media, the hypocritical celebrities, and talking headed late-night hosts masquerading as "comedians".

Why don't you sit out a turn? You seem to be losing your balance a bit and getting too emotional. Either that or go to the political section and spew your bullshit.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

By the way, GG used to work for my firm and is one of my best friends. Maybe you should take to her.
Do you really think she'd agree with your opinion here?

Quit cherry picking facts. Use some common sense, UM knew what the wife was saying about the assistant coach for almost a decade thru his own wife's communication/involvement with the woman.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Quit cherry picking facts. Use some common sense, UM knew what the wife was saying about the assistant coach for almost a decade thru his own wife's communication/involvement with the woman.

I know GG agrees with me most of the time. Again, one of my best friends. We exchanged texts in the past week. She came to my big party a month ago, where Bobby and iots of Griz people were there.

You are the one cherry-picking. Why don't you learn to read and use some common sense? Meyer said he was aware of the 2015 thing. Nothing came of it.

Smith has never been charged with abuse or assault. Do you not think that these facts are meaningful the police have never charged Smith with abuse or assault, the police reports don't reflect specific abuse or assault, it looks like the wife has never asked that he be charged, Ohio St didn't fire Smith in 2015 (after learning of the thing from the police), none of the coaches wives apparently took any serious action, the wife never contacted Meyer about this, she's admitted that her friends (and I think family) advised her against going after Smith.

Why would Meyer have fired Smith? I can't see the basis for it.

Recently, Smith got in trouble for violating an ex party restraining order, because he went with 500 feet of the woman when he dropped his kids offf at her house during the kid exchange. The woman complained. This came to the attention of Ohio St. They knew that this would lead to issues and publicity. They fired him.

Again, I'm not defending Smith. But based on what I know at this point, I don't see a reason to fire Meyer. Yes, he shouldn't have lied. That's not a firing offense. And note that Smith was already fired when Meyer lied.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

I know GG agrees with me most of the time. Again, one of my best friends. We exchanged texts in the past week. She came to my big party a month ago, where Bobby and iots of Griz people were there.

You are the one cherry-picking. Why don't you learn to read and use some common sense? Meyer said he was aware of the 2015 thing. Nothing came of it.

Smith has never been charged with abuse or assault. Do you not think that these facts are meaningful the police have never charged Smith with abuse or assault, the police reports don't reflect specific abuse or assault, it looks like the wife has never asked that he be charged, Ohio St didn't fire Smith in 2015 (after learning of the thing from the police), none of the coaches wives apparently took any serious action, the wife never contacted Meyer about this, she's admitted that her friends (and I think family) advised her against going after Smith.

Recently, Smith got in trouble for violating an ex party restraining order, because he went with 500 feet of the woman when he dropped his kids offf at her house during the kid exchange. The woman complained. This came to the attention of Ohio St. They knew that this would lead to issues and publicity. They fired him.

Again, I'm not defending Smith. But based on what I know at this point, I don't see a reason to fire Meyer. Yes, he shouldn't have lied. That's not a firing offense. And note that Smith was already fired when Meyer lied.

That's the problem, they fired him then.

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

3131561.jpg

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

3131561.jpg

They fired him after he violated a new ex party restraining order, by dropping off the kids in her driveway. He was fired promptly after getting cited for that violation.

Definition of idiot
1 dated, now offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2 : a foolish or stupid person

4theluvofgriz said:
Dutch Lane said:

You are so full of it! You'd fit right in as a host of The View.

JFC at least point out where I’m wrong about something. What do you have a man crush on old Urban? And hey that’s fine by me, but got caught in a lie and when he got called on it he and a public relations firm wrote his letter to buckeye nation explaining his mistakes not his lies. Lol Just own it and move on this is a disaster of his own making. So should we just accept or ignore the fact the guy is a weasel. Ok, Guys a weasel and no I dont think he should be sanctioned or punished in anyway. I even think this admin suspension was way overkill. I m thinking that this might be used as a power play against him by OSU to void his contract.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun

3131561.jpg

They fired him after he violated a new ex party restraining order, by dropping off the kids in her driveway. He was fired promptly after getting cited for that violation.

Definition of idiot
1 dated, now offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2 : a foolish or stupid person

Ursa minus.......... big on treating women with respect.......... but small on allowing due process to occur

4theluvofgriz said:

:agree: PC McCartyism at its worst. Along with the grossly reckless (non) reporting of facts, narrative “journalism” instead. Anything exculpatory in favor of the accused will be judiciously ignored.

TxGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:

:agree: PC McCartyism at its worst. Along with the grossly reckless (non) reporting of facts, narrative “journalism” instead. Anything exculpatory in favor of the accused will be judiciously ignored.
TxGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:

Example from a high-profile public company:

A male employee named Mike came up to a female colleague every day and stated "your hair smells soooooo good!" Finally, being tired of these incessant comments, the lady went to Human Resources and demanded that Mike be fired for harassment. But, he was only giving you a compliment about your hair, said the puzzled HR employee. "No, you don't understand! It was Mike..... Mike the midget!" Mike was fired for sexual harassment, and the lady employee was fired for calling Mike a midget.

Where does this sh*t stop???

Back