• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Urban Meyer

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
That's not blaming the woman.You can't read.

By the way, GG used to work for my firm and is one of my best friends. Maybe you should take to her.
Do you really think she'd agree with your opinion here?

Quit cherry picking facts. Use some common sense, UM knew what the wife was saying about the assistant coach for almost a decade thru his own wife's communication/involvement with the woman.

I know GG agrees with me most of the time. Again, one of my best friends. We exchanged texts in the past week. She came to my big party a month ago, where Bobby and iots of Griz people were there.

You are the one cherry-picking. Why don't you learn to read and use some common sense? Meyer said he was aware of the 2015 thing. Nothing came of it.

Smith has never been charged with abuse or assault. Do you not think that these facts are meaningful the police have never charged Smith with abuse or assault, the police reports don't reflect specific abuse or assault, it looks like the wife has never asked that he be charged, Ohio St didn't fire Smith in 2015 (after learning of the thing from the police), none of the coaches wives apparently took any serious action, the wife never contacted Meyer about this, she's admitted that her friends (and I think family) advised her against going after Smith.

Why would Meyer have fired Smith? I can't see the basis for it.

Recently, Smith got in trouble for violating an ex party restraining order, because he went with 500 feet of the woman when he dropped his kids offf at her house during the kid exchange. The woman complained. This came to the attention of Ohio St. They knew that this would lead to issues and publicity. They fired him.

Again, I'm not defending Smith. But based on what I know at this point, I don't see a reason to fire Meyer. Yes, he shouldn't have lied. That's not a firing offense. And note that Smith was already fired when Meyer lied.

That's the problem, they fired him then.

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

3131561.jpg
Ursa .... part of the problem in out country is displayed in this sign ... women are not the holy grail in this world ... it should read TREAT ALL PEOPLE WITH RESPECT

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PR, I remember hearing maybe on ESPN or somewhere that smith was investigated for felony domestic assault and felony assault in 2015 with no arrest or charges ever filed. Wonder if OSU has a police report from 2015 in Smith’s employment file. I’m thinking Urban will weather this storm and the AD gets canned as a result instead. Good coach but he left a dumpster fire at UF. Heard a story about him when he was at CSU. He stayed on after Bruce retired and Lubick took over. I don’t know if you have met Sonny, but he is pretty laid back and isn’t a control freak like Urban. First year Sonny had to call Urban in and tell him to throttle it back in the offseason after players complained that he was harassing them for crossing the quads on a diagonal path rather then staying on the side walk going to classes. lol.

Dutch Lane said:
PR, I remember hearing maybe on ESPN or somewhere that smith was investigated for felony domestic assault and felony assault in 2015 with no arrest or charges ever filed. Wonder if OSU has a police report from 2015 in Smith’s employment file. I’m thinking Urban will weather this storm and the AD gets canned as a result instead. Good coach but he left a dumpster fire at UF. Heard a story about him when he was at CSU. He stayed on after Bruce retired and Lubick took over. I don’t know if you have met Sonny, but he is pretty laid back and isn’t a control freak like Urban. First year Sonny had to call Urban in and tell him to throttle it back in the offseason after players complained that he was harassing them for crossing the quads on a diagonal path rather then staying on the side walk going to classes. lol.

Not sure that's quite right, but perhaps. Here's what the text of the police report says. Yes, those boxes you mentioned were checked. Edit: Note that the 2015 version of the police incident report mentions only two lessor misdemeanors, not those more serious felonies.

"The victim reports that a domestic incident happened last night at her home and that she has
been a victim of sustained physical abuse by the suspect."

Note that the no=follow up box was checked. What does that mean?

http://media.cleveland.com/osu_impact/other/Assault.pdf

Think this is the report where Smith's name was redacted.

Bisonfanatical said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Do you really think she'd agree with your opinion here?

Quit cherry picking facts. Use some common sense, UM knew what the wife was saying about the assistant coach for almost a decade thru his own wife's communication/involvement with the woman.

I know GG agrees with me most of the time. Again, one of my best friends. We exchanged texts in the past week. She came to my big party a month ago, where Bobby and iots of Griz people were there.

You are the one cherry-picking. Why don't you learn to read and use some common sense? Meyer said he was aware of the 2015 thing. Nothing came of it.

Smith has never been charged with abuse or assault. Do you not think that these facts are meaningful the police have never charged Smith with abuse or assault, the police reports don't reflect specific abuse or assault, it looks like the wife has never asked that he be charged, Ohio St didn't fire Smith in 2015 (after learning of the thing from the police), none of the coaches wives apparently took any serious action, the wife never contacted Meyer about this, she's admitted that her friends (and I think family) advised her against going after Smith.

Recently, Smith got in trouble for violating an ex party restraining order, because he went with 500 feet of the woman when he dropped his kids offf at her house during the kid exchange. The woman complained. This came to the attention of Ohio St. They knew that this would lead to issues and publicity. They fired him.

Again, I'm not defending Smith. But based on what I know at this point, I don't see a reason to fire Meyer. Yes, he shouldn't have lied. That's not a firing offense. And note that Smith was already fired when Meyer lied.

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

3131561.jpg
Ursa .... part of the problem in out country is displayed in this sign ... women are not the holy grail in this world ... it should read TREAT ALL PEOPLE WITH RESPECT

Me Likey!! Tell that to you Midwest friends that hypocritically preach their core values and seem to have a need to paint them on walls at their work. Nobody likes a hypocrite!

This article has more detail than I have seen.

"Powell Chief of Police Gary Vest did not confirm whether there were any other versions of the report – saying that all records kept by Powell Police have been maintained for court records, but that the offense report released on July 24 was the only report being released by Powell Police at this time – but did say that any indication that Zach was arrested that came from his department was a result of human error."

"“He was never arrested, never handcuffed, never brought in and never charged in a court of law here in 2015,” said Vest,"

"In the offense report released on Nov. 6, 2015, the offenses were listed as disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing – both misdemeanors – with a clearance of “Investigation Pending.” In the offense report released on July 24, the offenses were listed as domestic violence and felonious assault – both felonies – with no clearance box checked."

"Vest did not specify whether the investigation from the 2015 incident was considered to be open or closed. He did indicate, however, that Powell Police are looking into the situation to determine whether additional steps should be taken after Courtney and Zach each spoke publicly about the incident for the first time last week.

“In light of the more recent communication by both parties, I would say we’re looking into … we are re-examining to make sure that there’s no new information, and to decide whether or not there’s additional done,” Vest said."

"Vest said he believes Powell Police have followed all standard protocol and done everything they were supposed to do in the Smith investigation, and that police records will back that up if they are ever released.

“If the court at some point orders us to release the documents, then I feel that while everybody will have a differing of opinion at what they received, I believe the police did a thorough job communicating with everybody involved,” Vest said."

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95015/powell-police-chief-explains-changes-in-offense-reports-says-zach-smith-was-never-arrested-in-2015

This story has been harder than usual to follow, because of shifting facts and considerable incorrect informatioin. I have been caught in that problem a few times. See 2 examples.

1. "If you paid attention to what Ohio State football fans were talking about over the weekend, you probably saw the Reddit thread that pointed out that Brett McMurphy edited his stories about former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith on Facebook – changing some key facts in the process – without issuing formal corrections.

This became controversial in large part because McMurphy reported before Urban Meyer’s interviews at Big Ten Media Days that Zach Smith was “arrested Oct. 26, 2015 by the Powell (Ohio) Police Department on felony counts of domestic violence and felonious assault against Courtney Smith,” while McMurphy later changed that report to say that Zach was only investigated for those offenses, citing a police report that was released to the media on July 24 ...."

2. Also, the police reports for the same July 2015 incident released in 2015 and 2018 were materially different. The one done and released in 2015 cited two possible misdemeanors (disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing), not more serious abuse felonies, as were in the "same" incident report released last month. Don't know why the reports for the same incident were different. But, in defense of Ohio St, they surely acted in 2015 off of the 2015 report, which mentioned 2 misdemeanors and no arrest or charges.

https://11w.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/2018/zach-smith/powell-pd-inc-7-15-001190-2015.pdf

https://11w.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/2018/zach-smith/powell-pd-inc-7-15-001190-2018.pdf

Ursa Major said:
Bisonfanatical said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun

3131561.jpg

Me Likey!! Tell that to you Midwest friends that hypocritically preach their core values and seem to have a need to paint them on walls at their work. Nobody likes a hypocrite!

God, you must be a real trip to have a beer with.....

Check out this article entitled "Report: Mothers of both Zach and Courtney Smith claim ex-OSU assistant is victim of retaliatory plot by ex-wife"

Even the ex-wife's mother doesn't believe her.

"Both mothers claimed Courtney told them of a vindictive revenge plot against Smith and Meyer that she has been apparently planning since 2013."

"“When she found out five years ago that Zach had cheated on her, she was so angry that she vowed to me she would get back at him someday. And she said she would take Urban down, too,” she said. “And this is exactly what she did. She wanted to do as much damage as possible. “She has been planning this for some time.”

"Bruce later claimed that Courtney Smith had called 911 to the point that local police “grew tired of her,” with nine police calls to the family’s home resulting in zero charges."

Hum, the term "nut case" comes to mind. I will be waiting for retractions or apologies for a number of you. You know who you are.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

PR, you are definitely thowing some shade. If she concocted this mess she needs to held accountable. Will take my medicine if this turns out to be true. The police reports don t really verify anything as far as I can tell. I would expect taped witness statements to be part of police file. Looks like Urban will be reinstated. Now maybe need to look at whether smiths firing was warranted if this is accurate. He should prevail at the show cause hearing I would think. Good information though. Thanks

Dutch Lane said:
PR, you are definitely thowing some shade. If she concocted this mess she needs to held accountable. Will take my medicine if this turns out to be true. The police reports don t really verify anything as far as I can tell. I would expect taped witness statements to be part of police file. Looks like Urban will be reinstated. Now maybe need to look at whether smiths firing was warranted if this is accurate. He should prevail at the show cause hearing I would think. Good information though. Thanks

My only "shade" in the above post relates to the bit of flak I took earlier when I speculated that she might be a nut case. Nothing more. Smith is also part of this tango and presumably also at fault. I assume Meyer won't come out unscathed either. Almost nothing done in tough circumstances like this can completely withstand after-the-fact scrutiny, especially by a hot shot like Mary Jo White. On the other hand, the police have recently said they did everything right, and they didn't charge after 11 911 calls by the now ex-wife.

I am following the articles, but obviously I don't know what occurred and what else might be out there.

Did you read the latest on Smith? If true how did urban not only ever hire this guy but keep him around as long as he did. Dick pics in the Whitehouse? Smh

Dutch Lane said:
Did you read the latest on Smith? If true how did urban not only ever hire this guy but keep him around as long as he did. Dick pics in the Whitehouse? Smh

Are you saying that what the ex-wife said is true? Have you verified that?

Are you saying that, even if true, Meyer knew those things?

Looks like you are getting like the Cat trolls. You want to be proven right so bad, that you have lost objectivity.

Report done on Friday. Decision/announcement early next week.

No trolling. I said if true the guy is even more of a trainwreck. I read that the cite watchstadium claims they have the dick pics of him in Whitehouse and also having sex in his office with AD staffer. I assume they got them from the wife but don’t know that. If true it makes Smith and the whole sordid affair worse then it first appeared which could spell trouble for Urban. My impression of urban is that he has been successful because he pushes the envelope and he controls and knows about everything that goes in his programs, so yeah I would have a hard time believing he doesn’t know what the coaches he hires are all about, especially smith who has known for something like 20 plus years and Urban is nothing if he’s not loyal to his guys. Urban has already been caught in one lie so yeah I would question his credibility going forward about anything to do with Smith. I don’t need to be proven right about anything. This just got more complicated for urban though, but I don’t think he will be fired.

Dutch Lane said:
No trolling. I said if true the guy is even more of a trainwreck. I read that the cite watchstadium claims they have the dick pics of him in Whitehouse and also having sex in his office with AD staffer. I assume they got them from the wife but don’t know that. If true it makes Smith and the whole sordid affair worse then it first appeared which could spell trouble for Urban. My impression of urban is that he has been successful because he pushes the envelope and he controls and knows about everything that goes in his programs, so yeah I would have a hard time believing he doesn’t know what the coaches he hires are all about, especially smith who has known for something like 20 plus years and Urban is nothing if he’s not loyal to his guys. Urban has already been caught in one lie so yeah I would question his credibility going forward about anything to do with Smith. I don’t need to be proven right about anything. This just got more complicated for urban though, but I don’t think he will be fired.

Not quite sure what you said there, but I said both Smith and his ex were nut cases. Still don't know why Meyer should be blamed for this stuff. Didn't realize that you were one of people who think that this way. Maybe Meyer will be fired, but it sure won't be for what is already in the press. If he is fired, hope he hires my firm to sue Ohio St.

I don't know how much involvement Meyer had with the dick pic, but I know if I got invited to the WH, there is a 1000% chance I'd find a way to take a dick pic.

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't know how much involvement Meyer had with the dick pic, but I know if I got invited to the WH, there is a 1000% chance I'd find a way to take a dick pic.

pictures of Trump are everywhere in the White House.

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:

Not quite sure what you said there, but I said both Smith and his ex were nut cases. Still don't know why Meyer should be blamed for this stuff. Didn't realize that you were one of people who think that this way. Maybe Meyer will be fired, but it sure won't be for what is already in the press. If he is fired, hope he hires my firm to sue Ohio St.

I think Urban harpooned Dutch's girlfriend

"Smith also allegedly ordered $2,200 worth of sex toys, men’s apparel and photography gear to an athletic center office".

Is there anything wrong with receiving packages at the office? Is there anything unusual about receiving men's apparel and photography gear at the office? Were the sex toys for his wife? Were they gag gifts?

Assume Meyer wasn't aware of this.

"Koffel [Smith's lawyer] did have a text exchange with McMurphy on Friday in which he claimed to have “no idea” about the photos and sex items sent to his offices. After McMurphy showed Koffel pictures and screenshots of the orders, the attorney accused the reporter of extortion.

“I’d get a lawyer if I were you,” Koffel told him. “You know these were accessed illegally. Another felony.”

Koffel did not answer McMurphy’s repeated questions about the validity of the order receipts obtained and whether Meyer had knowledge of Smith’s alleged actions.

“You have my answers & my advice. Tread very lightly,” Koffel said, calling the sex toys “gag gifts” and claiming the pictures without Smith’s face in them were not him. “If any one of this is published or referenced we will refer to the county prosecutor. This is a felony ORC 2913.04.”

I admittedly have limited knowledge of this matter, but this most recent piece about sex toys and dick pics seems like a try-hard follow-up. IDK what any of it has to do with the other stuff.

Latest posts

Back