• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I really do not care if he stays or goes and really am wondering why this is even on eGriz?

Proof that you clowns knows our program is in the toilet when there are more EGALS and NDSU threads on here than Griz stuff.

I do not give a squirting of piss about either of those programs yet you guys drool over them daily. WTF?
So you are the outlier; what else is new?

I've been a Griz or a Griz fan for 55 years; I have never seen a QB handle us as well and as consistently as VA.

GoEagles said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all.
Looks like more than a few don't agree with your sentiment. http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I question the ethics behind Oregon actively recruiting a player who's on another team's roster. Doesn't seem like this scenario should be allowed by the NCAA and one that is definitely not good for FCS football.

Certainly an interesting twist. I can pretty safely say to EWU fans, Oregon isn't violating any NCAA rules over Vernon Adams. Check your facts on that one.

I wonder, if that would have happened say two months ago, would Beau have thought differently about the Griz job? He turned down the Griz job for two big reasons. 1. was Vernon Adams. The other was he thought he was going to land an FBS job. Now it looks like he doesn't have either.

I will say this though, EWU will still be picked to win the Big Sky next year, and as long as Baldwin is the Eags head coach, they will be just fine.

EWURanger29 said:
GoEagles said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all.
Looks like more than a few don't agree with your sentiment. http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I question the ethics behind Oregon actively recruiting a player who's on another team's roster. Doesn't seem like this scenario should be allowed by the NCAA and one that is definitely not good for FCS football.
Whining much? Do you really think the NCAA really gives a rat's ass about what's good for FCS football? This is a case of a minor leaguer advancing to the bigs. It won't happen that often; there are not that many FCS players that BCS programs hunger for. If he can be successful at Oregon, it just means he was too good for EWU. Feel lucky you had him for three years.

Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Oregon must be in real trouble at QB if they want that guy.

And what a short-term "fix". Not exactly building for the future in Eugene.

Better hope that Oregon has the WR's to dominate DB's for so many jump balls. :thumb:

signedbewildered said:
Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

This is what I was thinking not to mention how he would do on home turf that isn't red. Likely won't affect any EWU recruits as he was only going to be there one more year anyway but the incoming kids might be a little bummed if he goes.
Why? It would make a pretty strong statement about the quality of players they have. Not a lot different than players getting drafted to the NFL. VA could get both.

Regarding the negative "short-term fix" comment, I would view it more as a bridge to their young QBs. Oregon wants to maintain their winning ways while they develop their younger players. I would view that as building for the future.

havgrizfan said:
Certainly an interesting twist. I can pretty safely say to EWU fans, Oregon isn't violating any NCAA rules over Vernon Adams. Check your facts on that one.

I wonder, if that would have happened say two months ago, would Beau have thought differently about the Griz job? He turned down the Griz job for two big reasons. 1. was Vernon Adams. The other was he thought he was going to land an FBS job. Now it looks like he doesn't have either.

I will say this though, EWU will still be picked to win the Big Sky next year, and as long as Baldwin is the Eags head coach, they will be just fine.

Interesting point. If Beau had wanted the Griz job he would be our coach now. The more I see and hear of Stitt the happier I am that Beau turned us down.

GoEagles said:
Just to make you folks even a bit more giddy, I'll go ahead and predict that if VA leaves, Baldwin probably will, too.
It will be pretty late in the cycle for coaching changes by the time this settles out. I think he'll be with you another year. Leach could very well wear out his welcome by then....

kemajic said:
signedbewildered said:
Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

This is what I was thinking not to mention how he would do on home turf that isn't red. Likely won't affect any EWU recruits as he was only going to be there one more year anyway but the incoming kids might be a little bummed if he goes.
Why? It would make a pretty strong statement about the quality of players they have. Not a lot different than players getting drafted to the NFL. VA could get both.

Regarding the negative "short-term fix" comment, I would view it more as a bridge to their young QBs. Oregon wants to maintain their winning ways while they develop their younger players. I would view that as building for the future.

Makes sense.

Hammer said:
havgrizfan said:

Interesting point. If Beau had wanted the Griz job he would be our coach now. The more I see and hear of Stitt the happier I am that Beau turned us down.
We will be in a better position to assess that after the first four games next year.

kemajic said:
Hammer said:
havgrizfan said:

We will be in a better position to assess that after the first four games next year.

I don't expect a blockbuster in year one. But by the end of year three we will know for sure.

I hope he goes to Oregon if for no other reason than he won't see the field other than mop up duty or injury time.

grizchamp said:
I hope he goes to Oregon if for no other reason than he won't see the field other than mop up duty or injury time.

Pretty sure those weren't the words they used to describe the opportunity to him. Did you see the backup for Oregon when MM went down in the NC? Cupboard = bare.

Adding to the weirdness...Oregon hosts EWU September 5th. The Ducks have already offered VA a scholarship per several online sources. Guess he'd use it for grad school.

More Shoota in the news:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/1/28/7932267/vernon-adams-oregon-ducks-transfer-marcus-mariota" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bgbigdog said:
grizchamp said:

Pretty sure those weren't the words they used to describe the opportunity to him. Did you see the backup for Oregon when MM went down in the NC? Cupboard = bare.

That's because Mahalak was redshirted. Cupboard is just fine.

kemajic said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I really do not care if he stays or goes and really am wondering why this is even on eGriz?

Proof that you clowns knows our program is in the toilet when there are more EGALS and NDSU threads on here than Griz stuff.

I do not give a squirting of piss about either of those programs yet you guys drool over them daily. WTF?
So you are the outlier; what else is new?

I've been a Griz or a Griz fan for 55 years; I have never seen a QB handle us as well and as consistently as VA.
I have been a Griz fan for 33 years and have never seen Adams handle us in any game. He is not that good it's more exposing how bad our secondary and OL have been the last 5 years.

Barring something really going south in this scholarship offer VA is gone. His results/success in the BSC are obvious and like all GrizNation I hated him and the Eagles beating us his three years in Cheney. Will just be a shame we don't get the opportunity to beat him in WAGRIZ this Fall.

Best of luck, Shoota. Leaving Cheney is a very good decision. It will be cool to see how he does.

griz71 said:
Barring something really going south in this scholarship offer VA is gone. His results/success in the BSC are obvious and like all GrizNation I hated him and the Eagles beating us his three years in Cheney. Will just be a shame we don't get the opportunity to beat him in WAGRIZ this Fall.

Scholarship offer aside, why would he go unless he was told he was the starter? VA isn't seeing this as a nice perk @ the end of a college career. Don't personally think he relishes running that much, evolving into more of a pocket guy, something he wants to continue to polish. He's a Sunday's guy, and sitting the bench Saturday's isn't going to be helpful in showcasing his talents.

Might just be searching for some additional brand recognition.

Back