• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

I heard somewhere that Oregon only wants Adams because they are afraid EWU will beat them and after he gets them through the game he will have served his purpose and will be only an afterthought. I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to be funny either.

Somewhere = Forum with 9 members

Oh, here is another good one:

"What if this whole thing was initiated by himself to self promote at EWU? Wouldn't it be awesome if we go and win the National Championship this year with Vernon and they bring up that he turned down a full ride+incentives to UO to keep playing at EWU?"

I feel like such a stalker.

signedbewildered said:
Oh, here is another good one:

"What if this whole thing was initiated by himself to self promote at EWU? Wouldn't it be awesome if we go and win the National Championship this year with Vernon and they bring up that he turned down a full ride+incentives to UO to keep playing at EWU?"

I feel like such a stalker.

Uhh . . .

The funny thing is that EWU has their first game against Oregon this up coming year.

So, either way he plays at Oregon, at least for one day. :lol:

And its possible a grad degree from Oregon might be worth more than a fifth year at EWU....

IdahoGrizFan said:
The funny thing is that EWU has their first game against Oregon this up coming year.

So, either way he plays at Oregon, at least for one day. :lol:

Oregon fans are speculating that if Vernon jumps to be a Duck, an existing Oregon QB who will be a junior will transfer out. One of the fans posted maybe he'd transfer to Eastern.

Now that would be an interesting season opener with EWU at Oregon. :ugeek:

even better if Shoota is starting for Oregon and EWU comes in and beats them....could you imagine the fall out hahahaha...im praying to see this!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
even better if Shoota is starting for Oregon and EWU comes in and beats them....could you imagine the fall out hahahaha...im praying to see this!

I'm not. EWU fans would get a lot harder to deal with.

mtgrizrule said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I'm not. EWU fans would get a lot harder to deal with.

It would be funny in the sense that I dislike shoota....but also not funny in the sense that I HATE EWU...I am torn now

Did you guys know that EWU plays Oregon this year? I just found out and figured I would share it with everyone.

CDAGRIZ said:
Did you guys know that EWU plays Oregon this year? I just found out and figured I would share it with everyone.

Interesting. You're a font of information. You should post more. :ugeek:

EWURanger29 said:
biga75 said:
EWURanger29 said:
kemajic said:
Whining much? Do you really think the NCAA really gives a rat's ass about what's good for FCS football? This is a case of a minor leaguer advancing to the bigs. It won't happen that often; there are not that many FCS players that BCS programs hunger for. If he can be successful at Oregon, it just means he was too good for EWU. Feel lucky you had him for three years.

Let's be clear. I never said anything about the NCAA caring about FCS football - just that this rule is not good for it. It sets a potentially dangerous precedent where FCS schools may no longer be able to redshirt their best players because in doing so you are in essence giving away a 4th season of eligibility and creating a situation in which they can be poached by the P5 conferences. That further widens the gap between the P5 and G5/FCS, because they (P5) can use redshirts without fear of losing their players. FCS schools are not a farm league for the P5.

Also, it is legitimate to question the ethics of Oregon using this new rule to their advantage in openly recruiting a player who is already on scholarship at another school. Would you disagree? Can you provide an example where this has happened before? The Russell Wilson to Wisconsin scenario is not a valid comparison because Wilson was no longer on NC State's roster when Wisconsin began recruiting him.

This is a much bigger issue than just Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon, but it's not surprising to me that you don't get it.

Have any of you ewho fans stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, VA reached out to Oregon?? :shock:

Yes. My theory is that Oregon expressed their intentions by leaking the content of the original article to a "source" in the media. That got the word out that Oregon wanted to recruit him, and I'm guessing VA requested to be released from his scholarship once he was aware of UO's intentions. This allowed him to contact the UO.

That's the only scenario that doesn't involve recruiting violations by Oregon. I suppose you could call it a form of "passive recruiting", even though it's overt for all intents and purposes.

Didn't UW offer some of your receivers when Sark took over and EWU was unsure if the NCAA would let them into the playoffs?

CDAGRIZ said:
Great 6,681st post! They played Oregon STATE in 2013. But thanks for the breaking news. :roll:

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Great 6,681st post! They played Oregon STATE in 2013. But thanks for the breaking news. :roll:

I hadn't seen it posted about the Oregon game.

I didn't know about the OSU game. Interesting. I, for one, wish them the best of luck against the Ducks. It would be cool to see an FCS team beat an FBS team. Last one was App State over Michigan in 2007.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I didn't know about the OSU game. Interesting. I, for one, wish them the best of luck against the Ducks. It would be cool to see an FCS team beat an FBS team. Last one was App State over Michigan in 2007.

CDA, You are by far my favorite poster. Mainly because of your photographic memory of FCS vs FBS history, but secondly because of your sense of humor.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Good point. It's sad no one from the FCS has stepped up to beat a FBS team. One of these years.

grizatwork said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDA, You are by far my favorite poster. Mainly because of your photographic memory of FCS vs FBS history, but secondly because of your sense of humor.

That's high praise, friend. Unfortunately, it's not too difficult to remember FCS over FBS victories when there haven't been any in the past six seasons.

Latest posts

Back