• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

Hmm, lots of hate flying around for a talented 20 something married guy who always saved his best play for the Griz...four times. Until he holds up a convenience store or gets caught dealing crack on campus envy probably works better than hate. The kids good and deserves the opportunity to improve his chances of playing Sundays. Deal with it...

Silvertip said:
Hmm, lots of hate flying around for a talented 20 something married guy who always saved his best play for the Griz...four times. Until he holds up a convenience store or gets caught dealing crack on campus envy probably works better than hate. The kids good and deserves the opportunity to improve his chances of playing Sundays. Deal with it...

Agreed. I personally would hate to see him go. He lifts the visibility of the entire conference with his play, and I'd like Stitt's offense to have a crack at beating him and his team so he doesn't go away undefeated against the Griz...

Silvertip said:

You could have went with any drug, and you went with this. Have you learned nothing?!

AZGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:

Agreed. I personally would hate to see him go. He lifts the visibility of the entire conference with his play, and I'd like Stitt's offense to have a crack at beating him and his team so he doesn't go away undefeated against the Griz...

You too. We have to get this shit together, guys!

grizchamp said:
I hope he goes to Oregon if for no other reason than he won't see the field other than mop up duty or injury time.
Total clown post. They are dragging him over from an FCS school because they think they are improving the roster... :egriz:

Silvertip said:
Quit using common sense and logic on egriz, it's not becoming... :egriz: P.S. great f.....g post.

rimrockgriz said:
Silvertip said:
Quit using common sense and logic on egriz, it's not becoming... :egriz: P.S. great f.....g post.
:clap:

good luck to him, hope he does well in the furture. he was better than A.E. and the griz had 4 shots at him and could not get it done. eastern is very good at finding QBs that can play.

grizindabox said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I really do not care if he stays or goes and really am wondering why this is even on eGriz?

Proof that you clowns knows our program is in the toilet when there are more EGALS and NDSU threads on here than Griz stuff.

I do not give a squirting of piss about either of those programs yet you guys drool over them daily. WTF?

Out of curiosity...what are the top 10 things you do give a squirt of piss about?

1. His Drama
2. Himself
3. His booze
4. NDSU
5. does it matter?

Silvertip said:

:clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:

I'd like Stitt's offense to have a meth at beating him....?

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:

I'd like Stitt's offense to have a meth at beating him....?

There we go. :thumb:

kemajic said:
EWURanger29 said:
GoEagles said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all.
Looks like more than a few don't agree with your sentiment. http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I question the ethics behind Oregon actively recruiting a player who's on another team's roster. Doesn't seem like this scenario should be allowed by the NCAA and one that is definitely not good for FCS football.
Whining much? Do you really think the NCAA really gives a rat's ass about what's good for FCS football? This is a case of a minor leaguer advancing to the bigs. It won't happen that often; there are not that many FCS players that BCS programs hunger for. If he can be successful at Oregon, it just means he was too good for EWU. Feel lucky you had him for three years.

Let's be clear. I never said anything about the NCAA caring about FCS football - just that this rule is not good for it. It sets a potentially dangerous precedent where FCS schools may no longer be able to redshirt their best players because in doing so you are in essence giving away a 4th season of eligibility and creating a situation in which they can be poached by the P5 conferences. That further widens the gap between the P5 and G5/FCS, because they (P5) can use redshirts without fear of losing their players. FCS schools are not a farm league for the P5.

Also, it is legitimate to question the ethics of Oregon using this new rule to their advantage in openly recruiting a player who is already on scholarship at another school. Would you disagree? Can you provide an example where this has happened before? The Russell Wilson to Wisconsin scenario is not a valid comparison because Wilson was no longer on NC State's roster when Wisconsin began recruiting him.

This is a much bigger issue than just Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon, but it's not surprising to me that you don't get it.

EWURanger29 said:
kemajic said:
EWURanger29 said:
GoEagles said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all.
Looks like more than a few don't agree with your sentiment. http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I question the ethics behind Oregon actively recruiting a player who's on another team's roster. Doesn't seem like this scenario should be allowed by the NCAA and one that is definitely not good for FCS football.
Whining much? Do you really think the NCAA really gives a rat's ass about what's good for FCS football? This is a case of a minor leaguer advancing to the bigs. It won't happen that often; there are not that many FCS players that BCS programs hunger for. If he can be successful at Oregon, it just means he was too good for EWU. Feel lucky you had him for three years.

Let's be clear. I never said anything about the NCAA caring about FCS football - just that this rule is not good for it. It sets a potentially dangerous precedent where FCS schools may no longer be able to redshirt their best players because in doing so you are in essence giving away a 4th season of eligibility and creating a situation in which they can be poached by the P5 conferences. That further widens the gap between the P5 and G5/FCS, because they (P5) can use redshirts without fear of losing their players. FCS schools are not a farm league for the P5.

Also, it is legitimate to question the ethics of Oregon using this new rule to their advantage in openly recruiting a player who is already on scholarship at another school. Would you disagree? Can you provide an example where this has happened before? The Russell Wilson to Wisconsin scenario is not a valid comparison because Wilson was no longer on NC State's roster when Wisconsin began recruiting him.

This is a much bigger issue than just Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon, but it's not surprising to me that you don't get it.

Have any of you ewho fans stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, VA reached out to Oregon?? :shock:

biga75 said:
EWURanger29 said:
kemajic said:
EWURanger29 said:

Have any of you ewho fans stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, VA reached out to Oregon?? :shock:

Yes. My theory is that Oregon expressed their intentions by leaking the content of the original article to a "source" in the media. That got the word out that Oregon wanted to recruit him, and I'm guessing VA requested to be released from his scholarship once he was aware of UO's intentions. This allowed him to contact the UO.

That's the only scenario that doesn't involve recruiting violations by Oregon. I suppose you could call it a form of "passive recruiting", even though it's overt for all intents and purposes.

Good for VA if he gets a shot to play at Oregon. He's been offered a scholarship but he isn't gone yet...

Good news is Eastern just agreed to a 5 year deal with Baldwin, which is much more important...

Hopefully K Johnson commits to EWU next week with the news Adams may not be in Eastern next year...

marceagfan5 said:
Good for VA if he gets a shot to play at Oregon. He's been offered a scholarship but he isn't gone yet...

Good news is Eastern just agreed to a 5 year deal with Baldwin, which is much more important...

Hopefully K Johnson commits to EWU next week with the news Adams may not be in Eastern next year...
I thought West was the "next man up".

grizfnz said:
marceagfan5 said:

Possibly, but Reilly Hennessey who was the 2013 WA State Player of the year redshirted this year. A lot of people feel he is going to be the next big QB at Eastern. I think it's likely that West is the starter next season and Reilly for the following three years. Of course, if we land Kavika Johnson in this recruiting class all of that could change.

grizfnz said:
marceagfan5 said:

This past year, yes. But RH redshirted last year so we will see.

KJ commits and it could change a lot.

If Adams leaves, we will be in the same boat as the Griz, not sure what you have at QB...

Back