• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

xG6tTYJ.png

Something is up. Gonna have a sit down with Baldwin it sounds like and word is he wont sign with the Ducks today at least.

signedbewildered said:
Something is up. Gonna have a sit down with Baldwin it sounds like and word is he wont sign with the Ducks today at least.

Looks like he will make his decision Monday.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Vernon-Adams-talks-Oregon-Visit-Decision-Date-and-More-35345463" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

signedbewildered said:
"They didn't promise me I'd be the starter just by simply transferring."

"Oregon was so good," Adams said. "The facilities were off the chain."
"But the way they care for the players and stuff was very impressive. That was definitely next level stuff."

He sure comes across sounding like an idiot :coffee:

biga75 said:
signedbewildered said:

"But the way they care for the players and stuff was very impressive. That was definitely next level stuff."

Everybody say he best off chain.

signedbewildered said:

That's impossible, he's a first-rounder haven't you heard?

CDAGRIZ said:
biga75 said:
signedbewildered said:

whethermon has a better feel for this particular quip genre. trust me.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
biga75 said:
signedbewildered said:

whethermon has a better feel for this particular quip genre. trust me.

Dude, don't be weird. Seriously.

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
Supposedly Adams will be making his decision by Monday. Not sure why Monday is the magic day, but that's what I saw on twitter.
Probably so his announcement wouldn't have to compete with NLOI day. Plus it gives him a few more days of "Hey, look at me" on social media.

grizfnz said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
Supposedly Adams will be making his decision by Monday. Not sure why Monday is the magic day, but that's what I saw on twitter.
Probably so his announcement wouldn't have to compete with NLOI day. Plus it gives him a few more days of "Hey, look at me" on social media.

This! grizfnz, how f'n bonkers is Spokane over the possibility of big play va going to Oregon? The Zags' just jumped to No. 2 in the basketball pols. Coug fans are still hopelessly stuck on the notion that WSU can compete in the PAC 12. You had the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Signing day. And in the middle of all this there's vernon adams, best quarterback in the history of eastern Washington university eyeing a transfer to Oregon.
Is vernon just a little love starved?

I'm not sure what all the ire is about towards VA. Granted I don't know him as well as some of you seem to say you do. But it seems to me he is faced with the same decisions as anyone else at his age . He went to college, financed it with a football scholarship. He has or will this spring complete his degree. Generally once you graduate you move on to the real world. get a job, pay taxes, buy a house etc. etc. he has additional options. h\He can go to grad school tremendously increasing his job opportunities and of course salary. He can get that payed for as well. he has the possibility of playing professional ball and by transferring increase the chances of that happening. If he can't make it at oregon he won't make it in the NFL.

OR he could put all of that on hold take a semesters worth of meaningless classes and play football where he has been at for three year, put his life on hold and HOPE he gets a chance at the next level.

Of course its about him, its his life.

tnt said:
I'm not sure what all the ire is about towards VA. Granted I don't know him as well as some of you seem to say you do. But it seems to me he is faced with the same decisions as anyone else at his age . He went to college, financed it with a football scholarship. He has or will this spring complete his degree. Generally once you graduate you move on to the real world. get a job, pay taxes, buy a house etc. etc. he has additional options. h\He can go to grad school tremendously increasing his job opportunities and of course salary. He can get that payed for as well. he has the possibility of playing professional ball and by transferring increase the chances of that happening. If he can't make it at oregon he won't make it in the NFL.

OR he could put all of that on hold take a semesters worth of meaningless classes and play football where he has been at for three year, put his life on hold and HOPE he gets a chance at the next level.

AMEN! Kid deserves every opportunity!

reinell30 said:
tnt said:

AMEN! Kid deserves every opportunity!

Absolutely, wish him well and hope he finds the opportunity he so richly deserves. After all, it's not like he's headed off to one of those tire fire Mountain West teams like UNLV.

Yes in a way. The recent publicity has already increased his chances a little bit. So does he stand a better chance by going to Oregon and sitting on the bench all season or by tearing up the red turf and setting records at EWU now that everyone knows who he is and just may be watching now?

I know it's a BIG stretch, but how cool would this be?

VA transfers to Oregon and wins the Heisman Trophy...after finishing 2nd on the Payton ballot?

I'm thinkin' A LOT of folks would lose their mind!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back