• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

Is there a downside for VA if after his dalliance with the Ducks he decides to stay in Cheney?

What if the scouts decide that his failure to take the chance at being the man in Eugene indicates that he doesn't think he has what it takes to become the starting QB for the Ducks?

QBs without confidence in their own abilities are frowned upon by the NFL brain-trust, especially those who have two strikes against them already (small-school competition, small in stature).

Even though a lot of their archaic ideas might indicate that they should be known as the "NFL Brain-Rust", they still hold the keys to the castle.

CrunchGriz said:
Is there a downside for VA if after his dalliance with the Ducks he decides to stay in Cheney?

What if the scouts decide that his failure to take the chance at being the man in Eugene indicates that he doesn't think he has what it takes to become the starting QB for the Ducks?

QBs without confidence in their own abilities are frowned upon by the NFL brain-trust, especially those who have two strikes against them already (small-school competition, small in stature).

Even though a lot of their archaic ideas might indicate that they should be known as the "NFL Brain-Rust", they still hold the keys to the castle.

Do you truly believe he doesn't have self confidence? I think he does have the ability and definitely the confidence!

reinell30 said:
CrunchGriz said:

Do you truly believe he doesn't have self confidence? I think he does have the ability and definitely the confidence!

My take is since the Ducks didn't promise him a starting position (and in all fairness to the team and the other QBs they shouldn't) he is worried sitting on the bench next season would smother any chances he MIGHT HAVE had of going to the next level. Downside with Cheney is well.....it's Cheney, BSC and FCS. With that said he has likely drawn enough attention at this point to still get some looks if he stays with EWU but you know, if the kid really thinks he has what it takes he should go to Oregon, win the starting position and kick some butt on national TV on Saturdays.....or not but I would like to see what he could do.

Maybe he isn't as confident as we thought. We shall see.

It's not that I don't think he has confidence in his ability, especially at our level, it's that if he doesn't take the Ducks' gig, it may look like he doesn't have confidence in his abilities to handle a season's worth of FBS competition. He's played very well for a couple of games against FBS competition, can he handle a full season? Not that I think he can't, it's just the perception if he doesn't take the gig.

1st...WTF is this even a thread on EGRIZ? WTF cares?
2nd...kid is in the remake...new title Gone Shootah....

He seriously will get dragged down by the NFL if he doesn't give it a shot.

...now lets move on....

Dmontanagrizzlies said:

...now lets move on....

I guess I'm just a caring person. (blushes) "Montana Grizzlies AND the FCS" I'd be a little bit interested if it was any FCS quarterback, especially in the BSC, let alone an opponent we have faced several times.

Never mind, let's bitch about Ash some more.

signedbewildered said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

...now lets move on....

I guess I'm just a caring person. (blushes) "Montana Grizzlies AND the FCS" I'd be a little bit interested if it was any FCS quarterback, especially in the BSC, let alone an opponent we have faced several times.

Good Times...then relocate it to the Eag board where all 4 of them care. You go ahead and tie your ass to the kid and that team....as far as the ...and the FCS part...yeah that's for a visiting team ..not a 6 page thread about a kid that is going to get the shit kicked out of him at Oregon cause I will be the first one to say IF and a big IF they put him at starter, his jump shit bull shit wont hack it there. He's out by game 5, just my stupid opinion.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
signedbewildered said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

...now lets move on....

Good Times...then relocate it to the Eag board where all 4 of them care. You go ahead and tie your ass to the kid and that team....as far as the ...and the FCS part...yeah that's for a visiting team ..not a 6 page thread about a kid that is going to get the shit kicked out of him at Oregon cause I will be the first one to say IF and a big IF they put him at starter, his jump shit bull shit wont hack it there. He's out by game 5, just my stupid opinion.

I have posted the same and agree 100%. Shoota will fail if he goes to Oregon. And fail badly. He has a virtually no chance with the NFL either. I hope he has a backup plan.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
We know that, which is why we want him to go.........................

This place would die without you AG1. Nice to see you kicking it up around here a little more often. You still suck tho. :lol:

NDSUSR said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
We know that, which is why we want him to go.........................

This place would die without you AG1. Nice to see you kicking it up around here a little more often. You still suck tho. :lol:

True

Are you guys still upset I cut off one of the Bison horns on your mascot in Frisco? People were talking about how somebody need to take you down a peg, so me being the southern gentleman I am rectified the situation.

Salutations yall

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
signedbewildered said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

...now lets move on....

I think most would agree with you about him falling on his face and he might be thinking the same thing (hence the stall tactics) but it would sure be satisfying to see him crash on green turf in front of more than 29 spectators.

On my Yahoo news feed:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/according-to-his-hs-coach--both-ucla-and-texas-want-vernon-adams-too-160235066.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The headline is: "According to his coach, both UCLA and Texas want Vernon Adams too."

I was just very surprised that the story of an FCS player who might possibly transfer to an FBS school is now national news. Must be a slow sports day.

Da Boyz Mom said:
On my Yahoo news feed:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/according-to-his-hs-coach--both-ucla-and-texas-want-vernon-adams-too-160235066.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The headline is: "According to his coach, both UCLA and Texas want Vernon Adams too."

I was just very surprised that the story of an FCS player who might possibly transfer to an FBS school is now national news. Must be a slow sports day.
Bingo!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back