• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams to visit Oregon

If Shoota transfers to try to better his prospects, I wonder if EWU fans will say he turned his back on the people who gave him a chance/bit the hand who fed him/big ego got the best of him/etc. I wonder how much "Christian father" talk we will hear at that point.

CDAGRIZ said:
If Shoota transfers to try to better his prospects, I wonder if EWU fans will say he turned his back on the people who gave him a chance/bit the hand who fed him/big ego got the best of him/etc. I wonder how much "Christian father" talk we will hear at that point.

You could call and ask them. You know there are only four of them. :ugeek:

He isn't eligible until he graduates in June. That's not a lot of time with a new team before fall.

Guess we'll know if he's gone once EWU begins spring practice. Sure wouldn't give him a snap if he was leaving.

griz4life said:
He isn't eligible until he graduates in June. That's not a lot of time with a new team before fall.

Guess we'll know if he's gone once EWU begins spring practice. Sure wouldn't give him a snap if he was leaving.
Should know tomorrow as they need to leave a roster spot for him. I promise they asked him to commit or not because they need to fill that scholarship

They are thinking he's looking at UW too. Probably just rumors but he needs to s**t or get off the pot. What happens with Kupp next year. This could be the beginning of EWU being gutted by bigger schools.

bandit218 said:
They are thinking he's looking at UW too. Probably just rumors but he needs to s**t or get off the pot. What happens with Kupp next year. This could be the beginning of EWU being gutted by bigger schools.

I think he will go to Oregon as long as they assured him he won't be warming the bench. Gonna be crunch time if he does by the time he is able to go. That's the scary part. As far as Cooper or EWU in general goes why would they be exclusive to "guttings" by FBS schools?

Who knows. It may become more of a trend or not but if it does become more common pretty much all the D1 schools are at risk of losing a star player so hey, we are still all on the same playing field, regardless of what color it is. Right?

This was from SportsNetwork tonight...

Eastern Washington QB's tweet seeks Wilson's advice
By Craig Haley, FCS Executive Director/Senior Editor

(SportsNetwork.com) - Could Russell Wilson help Eastern Washington University quarterback Vernon Adams make up his mind?

Adams' size and playing style has been compared in recent years to the Seattle Seahawks' quarterback. The 6-foot, 190-pounder has even attended Wilson's summer camp.

Now Adams is contemplating a transfer from EWU to the University of Oregon, which has offered a scholarship for his final season. He would be eligible to play immediately next season under the NCAA's graduate student transfer- exception rule.

Wilson made the same move in 2011 when he graduated from North Carolina State and spent his final season at Wisconsin.

On Tuesday, on the eve of national signing day in football for high school seniors, a tweet on Adams' official Twitter account - vaadams_qb - sought out Wilson's thoughts:

"What's up bro @DangeRussWilson , I need some advice," the tweet read.

Adams, already a two-time Big Sky Conference offensive player of the year and Walter Payton Award runner-up, is scheduled to graduate from Eastern Washington in June, but the native of Pasadena, California, has one more season of eligibility after redshirting his first year in 2011.

Oregon, the 2014 national runner-up, needs to replace Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota under center next season. Adams has not been promised the starter's job and would compete with other quarterbacks in the Ducks' program if he transfers there. His dual-threat style seems well suited for the Pac-12 school's read-option attack.

Should Adams remain at Eastern Washington, he would again lead one of the elite programs in the FCS, including a winner of three straight Big Sky titles. Adams has accounted for 11,670 total yards (10,438 passing, 1,232 rushing) and 121 touchdowns (110 passing, 11 rushing) in 37 career games.

02/03 20:02:22 ET

signedbewildered said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ALPHAGRIZ1/status/562830043832123395[/tweet]

On occasion you are funny. This is one of those occasions. I LOLed.

Fu*k you, I am always funny, you just have to be smart enough to figure it out.

BTW, you are a Russell Wilson fan arnt ya? It figures.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
signedbewildered said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

See there you said something funny again. Those that don't have you figured out tend to get worked up and argue with you. I'm beyond that. If I had to pick I would say I'm a Luck fan. I hate Manziel with a passion. Could care less about Wilson.

grizpack said:
This was from SportsNetwork tonight...

Eastern Washington QB's tweet seeks Wilson's advice
By Craig Haley, FCS Executive Director/Senior Editor

(SportsNetwork.com) - Could Russell Wilson help Eastern Washington University quarterback Vernon Adams make up his mind?

Adams' size and playing style has been compared in recent years to the Seattle Seahawks' quarterback. The 6-foot, 190-pounder has even attended Wilson's summer camp.

Now Adams is contemplating a transfer from EWU to the University of Oregon, which has offered a scholarship for his final season. He would be eligible to play immediately next season under the NCAA's graduate student transfer- exception rule.

Wilson made the same move in 2011 when he graduated from North Carolina State and spent his final season at Wisconsin.

On Tuesday, on the eve of national signing day in football for high school seniors, a tweet on Adams' official Twitter account - vaadams_qb - sought out Wilson's thoughts:

"What's up bro @DangeRussWilson , I need some advice," the tweet read.

Adams, already a two-time Big Sky Conference offensive player of the year and Walter Payton Award runner-up, is scheduled to graduate from Eastern Washington in June, but the native of Pasadena, California, has one more season of eligibility after redshirting his first year in 2011.

Oregon, the 2014 national runner-up, needs to replace Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota under center next season. Adams has not been promised the starter's job and would compete with other quarterbacks in the Ducks' program if he transfers there. His dual-threat style seems well suited for the Pac-12 school's read-option attack.

Should Adams remain at Eastern Washington, he would again lead one of the elite programs in the FCS, including a winner of three straight Big Sky titles. Adams has accounted for 11,670 total yards (10,438 passing, 1,232 rushing) and 121 touchdowns (110 passing, 11 rushing) in 37 career games.

02/03 20:02:22 ET
This makes me think Vernon Adams is just seeking a little attention and drama, but won't be transferring. That's not a tweet to the Seahawks QB, it's a cry for attention to every Craig Haley and football blogger on the twittersphere. It's a sure way to get a response from everyone but Russell Wilson.
Wasn't there an article a year ago about Wilson and Adams working out together and Wilson giving Adams advice, being his role model? And after all that Adams has to contact Wilson by twitter?
Why didn't he just tweet Tom Brady or Labron James?
Shoota is just an attention starved little bitch no longer satisfied with the, uh, recognition EWU offers. Probably got a little jealous over signing day.

signedbewildered said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
signedbewildered said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

See there you said something funny again. Those that don't have you figured out tend to get worked up and argue with you. I'm beyond that. If I had to pick I would say I'm a Luck fan. I hate Manziel with a passion. Could care less about Wilson.

I always tell my son, "you lie to girls, you dont lie to your friends", you need to be honest with yourself. You are not hurting us........that much

Hold on I'm watching Deadwood. The episode where Wu's dope gets stolen and his inner artist comes out in an attempt to get Swearengen to comprehend. <<< Funny

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=941104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was surprised at the low c*cksucker to f*ck ratio throughout the series. Seemed like there were more "c*ocksuckers!" but I guess it was just used for special occasions, kind of like an exclamation point. Was that you that outdid Brint with the statistics? It was on the AR15.COM site.

I have known a few women over the years with a sense of humor.

Back