• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon?

mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Either was he plays in Eugene next year. If he left his first fbs game would be vs EWU. How ironic. I doubt VA does this. His draft stock will already be very high. However if he went to Oregon it would make or break him. At EWU he is lock to get drafted next year in a mid round. At Oregon he could move up to a first round or drop out all together. I think he stays because he already has proved he has the talent and its less of a risk for him to play at EWU. He of course loves EWU as well.

He won't go 1st round with as critical the NFL is regarding QB height. Even a good year in the PAC 12, I am guessing at best 3rd or 4th round pick. Brees and Wilson were not even 1st rounders because of their height.

Tell that to Mr.Winston. he is what 5 ft 11?

Jameis? 6'4".

mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Either was he plays in Eugene next year. If he left his first fbs game would be vs EWU. How ironic. I doubt VA does this. His draft stock will already be very high. However if he went to Oregon it would make or break him. At EWU he is lock to get drafted next year in a mid round. At Oregon he could move up to a first round or drop out all together. I think he stays because he already has proved he has the talent and its less of a risk for him to play at EWU. He of course loves EWU as well.

He won't go 1st round with as critical the NFL is regarding QB height. Even a good year in the PAC 12, I am guessing at best 3rd or 4th round pick. Brees and Wilson were not even 1st rounders because of their height.

Nobody expected Wilson or brees to be studs. They were betweeners. Right now many nfl scouts say Adams is a 3-4 rounder. If he went to Oregon and performed well. .he could easily get to 1-2 rounder.

CDAGRIZ said:
mtgrizfankb said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizfankb said:

My bad. I was looking incorrectly. Still I have zero doubts of VA went to Oregon he could jump to a top 2 rounder.

Jameis? 6'4".

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2015/jan/21/adams-rebuts-rumors-oregon-interest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vernon Adams can't even beat a non conference opponent in the playoffs. He almost beat UW? Who didn't?
Oregon isn't going to settle for one year with an EWU retread.

havgrizfan said:
actually the speculation came from an article on an Oregon Ducks blog - not egrizzers

Didn't imply hav that it was initiated by egrizzers...just that the article fueled such widespread speculation. :D

marceagfan5 said:
havgrizfan said:
Marc, I can promise you this is more than just Egriz rumor mill. I'm not by any means saying VA will leave EWU, but I know for a fact Washington would take him in a heartbeat, and he will be eligible to play FBS next fall if he indeed walks through graduation this spring.

Hav - I don't disagree and if Adams has the chance to start for a good Pac 12 school then he'd be crazy not to take it. He is on track to graduate this spring so he can enroll at a school after that as long as it offers a degree EWU doesn't. But...the likelihood of this actually happening is extremely small...

I bet that's not difficult.

CDAGRIZ said:
I've heard some rumblings that this is very close to being almost a done deal.

You know what's funny, CDA? When I first saw this rumor, before I ventured on to the dumpster fire that is eGrizz, I thought, "I bet that CDA guy already has some bs post claiming insider info that has Vernon packed and ready for Eugene."

Kinda like the whole "I have heard rumblings that the new grizz coach (Baldwin) and his wife are in Missoula looking for a house."

Your interminable bs brings me joy. Keep up the good work little bro!

FormerEag said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I've heard some rumblings that this is very close to being almost a done deal.

You know what's funny, CDA? When I first saw this rumor, before I ventured on to the dumpster fire that is eGrizz, I thought, "I bet that CDA guy already has some bs post claiming insider info that has Vernon packed and ready for Eugene."

Kinda like the whole "I have heard rumblings that the new grizz coach (Baldwin) and his wife are in Missoula looking for a house."

Your interminable bs brings me joy. Keep up the good work little bro!

You obviously need to learn the proper use of the phrase "little bro". We will have to work on that for you little bro.

Back