• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do we know about Jesse Sims?

Big G said:
Most of the people in my cirlce say he is soft in the head a lot. Watching him play he is just kind of out there instead of a killer mentality. He would make a perfect Cat player and keep those jerks 3rd rate in the state.

signedbewildered said:
Guess your "circle" isn't big enough.

grizpack said:
Circle is such a small town though. Not sure many have watched him play football back there. Tell the Jensen's hi from me......

EverettGriz said:
Most of the people in my cirlce

I don't want to know anything about your circle.... :eek:

TCCGRIZ said:
How's that circle jerk of one working out for you . Did you mention something in you post about a soft head. How's that one working ? :roll:

Fellas, Big G didn't say "circle", he said "cirlce", which I believe is French-Canadian (Acadian) and translates loosely as "the other voices I hear" . It is unclear if Big G means he hears other voices in his head, or if he means the other names he has on e-griz that he posts under.

I agree w/ griz4life--what college football team doesn't need a kid 6-4, 235 that runs a 4.6 40?

And while I am far from an expert on Stitt's Offense, from the limited amount I do know it sounds flexible enough to incorporate a TE. While I realize he didn't use one at CSM, that also might have had to do with who he could recruit in Colorado.

He should have no such problem at UM provided his O can utilize a TE--his system can be tweaked to incorporate a TE. If it can be, Sims should be a great recruit.

billingsgriz said:
I agree w/ griz4life--what college football team doesn't need a kid 6-4, 235 that runs a 4.6 40?

And while I am far from an expert on Stitt's Offense, from the limited amount I do know it sounds flexible enough to incorporate a TE. While I realize he didn't use one at CSM, that also might have had to do with who he could recruit in Colorado.

He should have no such problem at UM provided his O can utilize a TE--his system can be tweaked to incorporate a TE. If it can be, Sims should be a great recruit.
Hear that Woody? We can use you too!

billingsgriz said:

It is my understanding that current fullbacks and tight ends on the Griz team are being transitioned to other positions. I would take that to mean that we won't be using those positions any more. I am not saying that a talented TE can't become a receiver in this offense, however. Stitt plans to actively use 10 receivers.

go96griz said:
billingsgriz said:

It is my understanding that current fullbacks and tight ends on the Griz team are being transitioned to other positions. I would take that to mean that we won't be using those positions any more. I am not saying that a talented TE can't become a receiver in this offense, however. Stitt plans to actively use 10 receivers.

A 6-4, 235 lb WR would be sweet. 4.6 40 is good for a big WR too. I think he is worth a look at WR, unless he wants to play LB or DE. Physically, Sims is an intriguing recruit.

griz4life said:
Say what you want about a TE not fitting in Stitt's offense, which is incorrect. There is always room on a team for 6'4" 235-pound athlete who runs a 4.6 40. That's just incredible size and speed for a man facing a CB or safety in space.

Can you imagine Sims with that size/speed/athletic ability in the role of Gronkowski/Graham at this level in an open offense where they are split out?

Is Bingham being recruited as tight end or D end?

If Sims is worried about going to OSU and Anderson running an offense that does not feature a TE, why would he consider UM and Stitts offense?

I recall reading that Stitt had no TE on his teams at CSM.

Was that a function of no need or place or maybe Stitt just did not have the scholarships to offer for it? Sort of a position he could work without!

Don't get me wrong I think having Sims would be great for UM. Having that TE position opens up the options certainly. Big dude like that cutting across the middle of the end zone and smashing in for a TD. I will take that.

Stitt is after Sims. Why? Because he is a damn good football player. With Stitt coaching he may not call it TE but this kid will play. He can catch the ball, he is big and he is very fast for a big guy. Corvallis had a crappy football team and he was not used very well but make no mistake this guy can play!

Yes his sister plays for the lady Griz.

Or we could listen to the circle g jerk and learn how to ski downhill in a mud puddle...

Tight ends are exactly what Coach Stitt wants on his team. I heard him interviewed on Kalispell radio yesterday. He said he wants tall strong tight end types for his inside receivers. They have to like getting knocked around. He also said he liked quick elusive smaller guys for the slot and tall fast guys on the outside. He wants quick thinking quarterbacks that survey the defense, make a quick decision, and get rid of the football fast. He does not want a qb bailing and running around in the backfield. I got the impression he definitely knows what kind of players he's looking for. He certainly exudes confidence. He's the kind of coach you would want to play for!

Good post 62Griz. Tight End? With Stitt he may call them Fast Forwards, Quick Bigs, Long Striders, Blast Blockers, High Hands and who knows what else. Make no mistake about it, coach Stitt wants guys like Sims and call them what you want but they are damn good players. One more kid in Missoula will be matching Sims in size and bet your sweet bippee he is after him also.

62GRIZ said:
Tight ends are exactly what Coach Stitt wants on his team. I heard him interviewed on Kalispell radio yesterday. He said he wants tall strong tight end types for his inside receivers. They have to like getting knocked around. He also said he liked quick elusive smaller guys for the slot and tall fast guys on the outside. He wants quick thinking quarterbacks that survey the defense, make a quick decision, and get rid of the football fast. He does not want a qb bailing and running around in the backfield. I got the impression he definitely knows what kind of players he's looking for. He certainly exudes confidence. He's the kind of coach you would want to play for!

Might be seeing a lot more of Marq Rodgers (sp?).

grizcountry, don't you get it? We are not giving away his name as it is a large secret. Big g gets ahold of his name and we are done for. Besides does g have a mom?

Umista said:
grizcountry, don't you get it? We are not giving away his name as it is a large secret. Big g gets ahold of his name and we are done for. Besides does g have a mom?

Her name is Bobby.

Umista said:

Its all starting to make sense..

:lol:

If big g isn't steve pickle dill I will be amazed. original AZ then growler among 3 or 4 other aka's all have the same outlook, same wording, same statements, odd statements that change points of view (a few posts later). naw, my bet is that big g is good old growler dill!

clue #4 is this: he loves stating outrages things to gravel posters. steve was not all that keen on bobby ball during haucks term. he loves him now but that will wind down soon

Umista said:
If big g isn't steve pickle dill I will be amazed. original AZ then growler among 3 or 4 other aka's all have the same outlook, same wording, same statements, odd statements that change points of view (a few posts later). naw, my bet is that big g is good old growler dill!

clue #4 is this: he loves stating outrages things to gravel posters. steve was not all that keen on bobby ball during haucks term. he loves him now but that will wind down soon

Monte the Character was Mr Dill. Both Big G and Monte were posting at same time. Big G holds his temper way to well, and IMO posts nothing like Growler, who "mouth" outed him way to much. He is closer to an Ashley (playing a character) or perhaps someone new that is a friend of David2.

This might answer the question about TE recruits

Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 5m5 minutes ago
Brandom was told he didn't fit into Bob Stitt's offense - tight ends will be used sparingly so it would be best for him to look elsewhere.

grizindabox said:
This might answer the question about TE recruits

Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 5m5 minutes ago
Brandom was told he didn't fit into Bob Stitt's offense - tight ends will be used sparingly so it would be best for him to look elsewhere.

Which is opposite of what he said in that Kalispell interview.

62GRIZ said:
Tight ends are exactly what Coach Stitt wants on his team. I heard him interviewed on Kalispell radio yesterday. He said he wants tall strong tight end types for his inside receivers. They have to like getting knocked around. .....

Back