• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do we know about Jesse Sims?

Grizrule#1 said:
I heard he visited the Griz this weekend. I also heard that they told him he could walk on?!? What a waste of a trip if that is true. I understand MSU is really recruiting him hard! Anybody else heard anything?

There is not a chance in Hades that he was told he could walk on. He is regarded as arguably the best recruit in Montana this year. MSU is not recruiting him any harder than we are. He is a full scholarship kid. In fact, they would not renew another kid's money just to find money for him if it came down to that.

I've never seen Jesse Sims play in person. For those of you who have, how likely would it be to better his speed at WR? I'd love to see his size at WR. If he can be a legit 4.6 big WR, then I see no reason why the GRIZ or Cats would not offer him a full ride. Even a little weight loss can better his speed. Has he been very dedicated to having the right training, or is he just doing this on being a natural athlete to date?

mtgrizrule said:
I've never seen Jesse Sims play in person. For those of you who have, how likely would it be to better his speed at WR? I'd love to see his size at WR. If he can be a legit 4.6 big WR, then I see no reason why the GRIZ or Cats would not offer him a full ride. Even a little weight loss can better his speed. Has he been very dedicated to having the right training, or is he just doing this on being a natural athlete to date?

Well...That depends on what happens with his decision. If he verbals with the griz, then he will be looked at as the best player ever, some may even say "Scary good". If he verbals with the Cats, then he is probably overrated, and I am sure the griz didn't want him anyways.

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:

Well...That depends on what happens with his decision. If he verbals with the griz, then he will be looked at as the best player ever, some may even say "Scary good". If he verbals with the Cats, then he is probably overrated, and I am sure the griz didn't want him anyways.

SC66, it is the small minority of egrizzers that downplay Cat recruits/commitments. I for one am not 1 of them. I wish every player the best on and off the field, regardless of where they play. No need to take a pop shot at GRIZ fans and egrizzers. I honestly asked a legitimate question. In an effort to avoid smart ass comments, I even prefaced it with those who have seen him play. Yet you could not resist.

I'm with you Grizrule, one thing I have been extremely impressed with in the Ash era has been recruiting. He does a great job of finding good players. Griz fans can say ALL they want about Ash and the Cats, but they have quality football players too. And their class, on paper, looks pretty damn good to me right now.

I will say this to Sacccat, the "we didn't want him anyway" orginated on BN. Yes, of course Egrizzers say it now too, I just don't happen to be one of them. The Cats won the head-to-head battle with Cameron Sutton and i know FOR A FACT, the Griz sure as hell wanted him.

mtgrizrule said:
SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:

SC66, it is the small minority of egrizzers that downplay Cat recruits/commitments. I for one am not 1 of them. I wish every player the best on and off the field, regardless of where they play. No need to take a pop shot at GRIZ fans and egrizzers. I honestly asked a legitimate question. In an effort to avoid smart ass comments, I even prefaced it with those who have seen him play. Yet you could not resist.

WOW, calm down. Fine I will say something constructive. I have seen him play twice, and those two times he looked great against opponents that are no where near his ability. Because of that, it looked "to me" that he wasn't really trying that hard, and didn't need to. Lex use to look the same when he played for the Braves. The only issue I see with him, could be his family. I have heard from some people in that part of the world that the family are helicopter parents. Does that matter? probably not, schools like OSU and Nebraska don't even send you letters if you aren't pretty great.

sims has it narrowed down to us and the cats. i can't see him coming here. m.s.u. actually has a tight end position which he wants to play and they aren't exactly loaded there. he's a tad overhyped and not as good as ryan or daum as a receiver. better tight end than defensive end though.

Not saying true or not.... but a possibility is scholarships are spoken for, thus nothing to offer???

Grizrule#1 said:
I heard he visited the Griz this weekend. I also heard that they told him he could walk on?!? What a waste of a trip if that is true. I understand MSU is really recruiting him hard! Anybody else heard anything?

He would really have to love Montana to turn down full rides from other schools. He will do well wherever he goes. Good kid and a hard worker.

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:
SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:

WOW, calm down. Fine I will say something constructive. I have seen him play twice, and those two times he looked great against opponents that are no where near his ability. Because of that, it looked "to me" that he wasn't really trying that hard, and didn't need to. Lex use to look the same when he played for the Braves. The only issue I see with him, could be his family. I have heard from some people in that part of the world that the family are helicopter parents. Does that matter? probably not, schools like OSU and Nebraska don't even send you letters if you aren't pretty great.

That's better and much appreciated. Thank you.

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:
SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:

Sounds like you have your hands full already with the pudgy thumb guy...

getgrizzy said:
sims has it narrowed down to us and the cats. i can't see him coming here. m.s.u. actually has a tight end position which he wants to play and they aren't exactly loaded there. he's a tad overhyped and not as good as ryan or daum as a receiver. better tight end than defensive end though.
The cats are recruiting him for DE!

grizatwork said:
Grizrule#1 said:

There is not a chance in Hades that he was told he could walk on. He is regarded as arguably the best recruit in Montana this year. MSU is not recruiting him any harder than we are. He is a full scholarship kid. In fact, they would not renew another kid's money just to find money for him if it came down to that.
Well, there could be a chance he was told he could walk on...as in "We are prepared to give you a full ride...but if you want to walk on and pay for everything yourself...you can."

mtgrizrule said:

Jesse has trained extensively at former Griz TE Steven Phaler's gym in Missoula.

Back