• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do we know about Jesse Sims?

signedbewildered said:
I see Nuanez has since edited his post and given up on attempting to justify what he originally said. Dang this internet thing sucks. Once you type something and push submit it's kind of hard to take it back.
Isn't that what got him fired at the Comical?

Ron Ash has a long history of sharing his "knowledge" about Griz football with recruits. If Colter Nonutts is reporting motive for recruiting certain kids, that's probably where he's getting it. I seriously doubt he's getting it from Griz coaches and motive, as any prosecutor will tell you, is pretty hard to prove.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
I see Nuanez has since edited his post and given up on attempting to justify what he originally said. Dang this internet thing sucks. Once you type something and push submit it's kind of hard to take it back.

Connor Nunez is the journalist guy, right? I feel like my post on the last page was a bit harsh if this isn't the journalist guy with a thing for ski hill proximity.

Colon Nuance is indeed a true journalist that befits the seriousness, integrity and sanity of bobcat nation. Why it was only a month ago when the well connected scribe assured one and all that Bobby Hauck was going to be the next coach of UM. Only a true journalist has those kinds of quality and accurate connections in the sporting world and has the intestinal fortitude to make such accurate predictions.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:

Connor Nunez is the journalist guy, right? I feel like my post on the last page was a bit harsh if this isn't the journalist guy with a thing for ski hill proximity.

Colon Nuance is indeed a true journalist that befits the seriousness, integrity and sanity of bobcat nation. Why it was only a month ago when the well connected scribe assured one and all that Bobby Hauck was going to be the next coach of UM. Only a true journalist has those kinds of quality and accurate connections in the sporting world and has the intestinal fortitude to make such accurate predictions.

Ursa. Glad you chimed in on this since you know the dude. Quick question...why do people around the state call him "Nacho"?.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:

Wait, so Corey Nuans said Hauck would be the new head coach at UM? He sounds like someone the Bozeman Chronicle should hire before he goes to the Chicago Daily Tribune or something.

500x281

snap said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:

Ursa. Glad you chimed in on this since you know the dude. Quick question...why do people around the state call him "Nacho"?.

That's a damn good question, Snap. After a few too many drinks one night I actually asked him that very same question and his response was to hit me in the back of the head with a fireplace shovel tool. Near as I can piece together from rumor and innuendo is that an incident occurred during the cat-Griz game of either '02 or '03. Reportedly it involved an unclean woman and days later some type of bodily discharge. HIPAA rules prevent me from saying anything more.

I have been told that Colton Nuarez gets paid to, basically, do what we do - post on a message board. Is this true?

AllWeatherFan said:
I have been told that Colton Nuarez gets paid to, basically, do what we do - post on a message board. Is this true?

Now I am very confused. I thought Connor Noraz was a journalist of some kind.

HookedonGriz said:
He decommitted from Oregon State. It sounds like both the Griz and Cats would love to land him. I believe he has a sister who is a basketball player for the Griz. I heard he, Ryan, and Daum are arguably the top three recruits in MT. Do the Griz have a shot at pulling off the tri-fecta?? Would be awesome.
What happened to the Jesse Sims thread? Has anyone watched his performance on the field this past year? Is he destroying people on his assignments? I have only watched the kid play hoops. So, I'm curious if he plays up to his Tarzan looks? Is he playing like "Jane" and toting around a cloud of drama?... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
He decommitted from Oregon State. It sounds like both the Griz and Cats would love to land him. I believe he has a sister who is a basketball player for the Griz. I heard he, Ryan, and Daum are arguably the top three recruits in MT. Do the Griz have a shot at pulling off the tri-fecta?? Would be awesome.
What happened to the Jesse Sims thread? Has anyone watched his performance on the field this past year? Is he destroying people on his assignments? I have only watched the kid play hoops. So, I'm curious if he plays up to his Tarzan looks? Is he playing like "Jane" and toting around a cloud of drama?... :egriz:
He didn't make all state in football this year. some will say it's because he wasn't used correctly. he was mainly a fullback and linebacker if i remember correctly. Maybe he's having second thoughts about things because he didn't get recognized, I don't know.

AllWeatherFan said:

Where do I sign up for that job? I can be as inaccurate as needed!

Between Colter and the IR guy who pointed out to Brandom's doucher father's twitter faux pas, they are both high quality reporters who do their work. BTW it was Sample and Colter who had their sources on Stitt before the Missoulian had it.

You can bag on Nuanez all you want but the work he does is pretty dang good. I mean yeah he is paid to do what is he doing through Bobcat nation, but he isn't a homer. His evaluation of Montana athletes are spot on in regards to recruiting. He has even after being dismissed from the hack job of a newspaper in Bozeman has created a nice niche in Bozeman and he is even credentialed which allows him access to coaches at press conference which is far more than anyone could claim around here on egriz.

Seriously. I would love to have a reporter or 2 that work as hard at their job as Nuanez and Sample. Of course, if we did, the Missoulian would fire them......

There isn't a reporter out there that hasn't whiffed on a couple of stories, unless he/she waited until virtually everyone else knows the story and then goes ahead and prints it.

Grizfan-24 said:
Between Colter and the IR guy who pointed out to Brandom's doucher father's twitter faux pas, they are both high quality reporters who do their work. BTW it was Sample and Colter who had their sources on Stitt before the Missoulian had it.

You can bag on Nuanez all you want but the work he does is pretty dang good. I mean yeah he is paid to do what is he doing through Bobcat nation, but he isn't a homer. His evaluation of Montana athletes are spot on in regards to recruiting. He has even after being dismissed from the hack job of a newspaper in Bozeman has created a nice niche in Bozeman and he is even credentialed which allows him access to coaches at press conference which is far more than anyone could claim around here on egriz.

Spot on. Colter is the best sports reporter and most unbiased in the state. I hope that he gets the licensing thing worked out the UM so he can provide the same sort of service here. I will be the first to sign up. He is not afraid to question the powers that be at MSU just to keep access. He does a great job. If he keeps up what he is doing, he will keep moving up and some national publication will snatch him up. I believe he is that good and that dedicated.

Brandom's dad probably got carried away with the excitement. I am sure this is all new and exciting to him. Either that or he is "one of those sports parents" Misguided to say the least, but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

"Montana wants to sign Sims and Bingham regardless if they have no spot to play them at simply so Montana State doesn't and simply so they can say they got all the full-ride kids in the state of Montana."

Sorry, I just thought that was a very unprofessional comment. I guess we all have our moments.

signedbewildered said:
"Montana wants to sign Sims and Bingham regardless if they have no spot to play them at simply so Montana State doesn't and simply so they can say they got all the full-ride kids in the state of Montana."

Sorry, I just thought that was a very unprofessional comment. I guess we all have our moments.

I concur, but I do believe it to be spot on at least with some of the behind the scene stuff I have heard about the coaching change. Ash has had the same track record and has been very good at leveraging recruits and judged by the pouting that occurred after the Daum switch they have rarely had the tables turned on them with Montana kids.

Look no one questioned Bobby's tactics in getting Montana kids. He nuclear bombed the state in regards to his tenacity. I saw it front and center. He wanted to obliterate MSU in Montana in recruiting. helped honestly it was during an era of decreased ability by MSU and Kramer's somewhat dismissive attitude in how he recruited Montana.

Sims, Daum and Ryan are three kids who can come in and play as freshman which increases the intensity around those recruits. I think Sandry is going to be a stud as well but those three are definitely the best of the best this year at least in terms of perception.

signedbewildered said:

If by "unprofessional" you mean "incoherent", then, I agree.

I heard he visited the Griz this weekend. I also heard that they told him he could walk on?!? What a waste of a trip if that is true. I understand MSU is really recruiting him hard! Anybody else heard anything?

Grizrule#1 said:
I heard he visited the Griz this weekend. I also heard that they told him he could walk on?!? What a waste of a trip if that is true. I understand MSU is really recruiting him hard! Anybody else heard anything?

I'd have a really difficult time believing that.

Back