• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Gregorak's Defense Be Tops in Big Sky Again?

grizitis said:
I Love TG and with all due respect, he was more of a mayor and face than he was a defensive genius.

Someone is going to be pissed. I'm nuking a huge bowl of popcorn. 3. 2. 1.............

Fushiznitz said:
grizitis said:
I Love TG and with all due respect, he was more of a mayor and face than he was a defensive genius.

Someone is going to be pissed. I'm nuking a huge bowl of popcorn. 3. 2. 1.............

Let me clarify...great player coach. OK LB coach. Not a good Coordinator. And the coordinator statement is something that can't be argued via words...go watch film and be your own judge. He has a whole lot of passion and it rubs off onto his players. They love TG as a friend and mentor and for that quality he will be missed. Believe it or not he will be a better head coach someday than he is a coordinator. He needs to learn how to be "not such a good friend." However, I do believe TG possess that and he was a player coach here because it is one of the roles he felt he could bring not being the head coach. If he can run a team be the face of that team and leave the coordinating to somebody else that team's Defense will be much better.

grizitis said:
Fushiznitz said:
grizitis said:

Let me clarify...great player coach. OK LB coach. Not a good Coordinator... Believe it or not he will be a better head coach someday than he is a coordinator.

So as long as he can find real football coaches & coordinators who make up for his being a no-nothing cheerleader, he'll be fine as a head coach? That's clear. And should be great as a cover letter to accompany his coaching resume.

grizitis said:
Fushiznitz said:
grizitis said:

Let me clarify...great player coach. OK LB coach. Not a good Coordinator. And the coordinator statement is something that can't be argued via words...go watch film and be your own judge. He has a whole lot of passion and it rubs off onto his players. They love TG as a friend and mentor and for that quality he will be missed. Believe it or not he will be a better head coach someday than he is a coordinator. He needs to learn how to be "not such a good friend." However, I do believe TG possess that and he was a player coach here because it is one of the roles he felt he could bring not being the head coach. If he can run a team be the face of that team and leave the coordinating to somebody else that team's Defense will be much better.
I thought he was an outstanding LB coach....Bozo got a good one there. As a coordinator he was good, but always left something to be desired.

grizitis said:
With all respect to Griz Nation and those on eGriz, I feel there is some well deserved clarification due to you all!! First off there is a lot to be excited for in the near future!! The staff is excited with how the first year went but believes the potential and what could have been achieved is so much more. There is some amazing young talent on this team. The class of 2015 and the potetial they bring is beyond expectations and the current commits for 2016 are as exciting! The future of Griz Football is something... The staff is shaping up to exactly how Coach wants it to be. Jason is a very sought after, bright young energetic DC that will upgrade this team more than many on here believe. He is the brains of all that was good with the D. I Love TG and with all due respect, he was more of a mayor and face than he was a defensive genius. If you understand just go back and watch. We ARE better! "Biggest loss is Legi, very good coach". As far as coaches you will more than likely see two D line coaches. I would bet BH will move to linebackers where he is better fit and more knowledged...the position he played and coached! Lastly expect either transfers or scholarships left open for transfers for positions in need of mature players that can step in and play now. We need them"now".

I won't post much nor often nevertheless happy new year GrizNation!!

+1

The staff and team are improving and setting up a legit run for national championships over the next few years. Enjoy the ride. Bobcats have let their grizenvy dictate their decisions, meaning a criterion in their decisions is what will hurt us rather than strictly thinking what is best for them. It will backfire. Already has to some degree. Firing Ash is an obvious example. Hiring TG and other staff another. Overemphasis on recruiting in state kids versus a regional view is yet another. The lilbro banter is spot on. It is small time thinking.

grizitis said:
With all respect to Griz Nation and those on eGriz, I feel there is some well deserved clarification due to you all!! First off there is a lot to be excited for in the near future!! The staff is excited with how the first year went but believes the potential and what could have been achieved is so much more. There is some amazing young talent on this team. The class of 2015 and the potetial they bring is beyond expectations and the current commits for 2016 are as exciting! The future of Griz Football is something... The staff is shaping up to exactly how Coach wants it to be. Jason is a very sought after, bright young energetic DC that will upgrade this team more than many on here believe. He is the brains of all that was good with the D. I Love TG and with all due respect, he was more of a mayor and face than he was a defensive genius. If you understand just go back and watch. We ARE better! "Biggest loss is Legi, very good coach". As far as coaches you will more than likely see two D line coaches. I would bet BH will move to linebackers where he is better fit and more knowledged...the position he played and coached! Lastly expect either transfers or scholarships left open for transfers for positions in need of mature players that can step in and play now. We need them"now".

I won't post much nor often nevertheless happy new year GrizNation!!

I wish you would post more or often.....you seem to know what you're talking about.

Back