• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winners win - that's why we need MVD as coach

I would love to see MVD get the chance. But if he doesn't, it'll most likely be for the reasons Grizindabox put forth, and not the ignorant blather of djollieballs.

I also am pretty certain that Carroll would not play the Griz very close. I will say that a handful of kids that play at Carroll could see time if at UM or MSU, but I doubt they would be large contributors.

grizindabox said:
I also am pretty certain that Carroll would not play the Griz very close. I will say that a handful of kids that play at Carroll could see time if at UM or MSU, but I doubt they would be large contributors.

The only one mentioning that type of banter is Nutsackjack. That argument was never addressed here.

djollieballs said:
With MVD*, I bet we would compete for the NC for the first two years. Then we would self destruct because Montana DOES NOT "recruit itself". Recognizing talent and playing that talent isn't something even Bobby was very good at. MM only had 16 catches as a sophmore for example and was a walk-on. Colt was a walk-on.

Does Caroll even have a single minority on their team? Yeah, the Griz will win a bunch of games with 30% Capital High players... not.

Also, the allegations at Caroll are beyond disturbing. That would would kill the program deader than Brittney Murphy.

MVD* couldn't even get the Cats job over Rob Ash and you guys want him coaching the Griz? Loolz.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

What does it matter if CC has a minority?

Allegations??? Please enlighten us on these... I worked for MVD and the only "allegations" were underrage drinking. Nothing like the isht that was in the news over the past 5 years between the other 2 state schools... so you better what what you're throwing out there unless you have FACTS.

Couldn't get the cats job? He pullled himself out of the race you DUMBASS!!! It was a ploy to let Carroll know he wants to move on and he knew that the Griz job would open up within a few years. He played/coached for the Griz, you think he'd actually go to Bozeman??? You're an idiot

djollieballs said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:
What makes him unqualified. Tell what you know as fact.

He coaches three levels underneath division 1 and his players are not held to NCAA standards or the type of scrutiny that they will be held to in Missoula. It's been 20 years since he's had to split up anything close to 63 schollys between actual division 1 talent.

That's all it takes for me.

What 3 levels would that be?

Ya deputy I already tried to give him FACTS the doesn't like FACTS he likes rumor. I am inclind to believe the people that played with him and worked with him over the idiot that heard something from someone. My family has been pretty close with the Van Diests for about 10 years now and I don't even think I have heard anything shocking from his program.

hardycreek1 said:
Mick Van Diest at Carroll in Helena knows how to win.

He has WON the national Championship FIVE TIMES!

That should be enough of a resume to be the next HC of the Griz.

He's a Montana coach who loves football and knows how to win.

He's my pick & I hope he is announced as HC later today.

He didn't get it done THIS year. We don't need no damn loser coming in here who is fresh off a failure to win the national championship. Previous years' performances are OLD news. He didn't win this year, so he cannot be considered.

djollieballs said:
deputygrizbro said:
He pulled some amazing recruits out of CA and the northwest and that was for little 'ol Carroll College!!! Imagine what he could do for the Griz... As someone else said, he won't miss a beat. The Griz name in itself will get his foot in the door and his impressive CHAMPIONSHIP resume will give those kids hope that Hauck never could... Im just saying

Let me guess, you went to Caroll?

Yes I did. And I worked with MVD. You know what the diff between him and Hauck is??? No one shit-talks MVD like they do Hauck. No one complains as much about MVD.

And to answer your questioin about out-of-state recruits...

Carroll College - 111 rostered players
MT - 51
ID - 18
WA - 17
OR - 7
WY - 6
CA - 4
NV - 3
CO - 2
UT - 1
FL - 1
AK - 1

So... does this answer your question??? Sorry his players are thugs from the ghetto or a bunch of JuCo recruits that have murder charges against them... is that we need to be competitive??? Cuz MVD seems to do pretty well with his "helena boys" as you put it earlier

The reason you hear more complaining about Hauck than MVD is because one is at UM and the other is at Carroll. UM has a larger fanbase hence odds are more people will whine.

grizindabox said:
Forshizzle, so you are certain he was going to be offered the job?

I am certain he asked if he was the #1 guy for them and they would not give him and answer. He then stated that he had a good thing going in Helena and withdrew his name. So no I cannot say that he was going to be offered the job but I can say that he didn't let them go that far.

djollieballs said:
Why won't the Caroll people, the only people supporting MVD* btw, just admit that they think "Caroll would scare the heck out of the Griz if they played"?

That's what you guys really think. I've heard you say it over, and over and over.

The Griz would destroy Caroll 100-0 and Caroll doesn't have a single player that would crack the scout team at UM.

And you guys think that coach should coach the third most popular football program in the Northwest?

Loolz.

Destroy them???

Wouldn't make the scout team??? Do you remember a kid named Casey FitzSimmons??? I guarantee that if Tyler Emmert had played for the Griz he would have been right up there with Dave D., Ah Yat, Edwards... just because Carroll isn't I-AA doesn't mean they cant produce some athletes.

It's just so funny that SO many people like yourself dog on the smaller teams when Im guessing you're someone who bitches that no one gives the Griz respect at the I-A level and think they'll throttle us when we go to play them. Give me a break.

grizindabox said:
I Still feel that UM does not have much interest in MVD.

Sounds like you have some inside info because they have not announced any candidates yet. So I am going to assume that you are right.

Wouldn't it be funny if Glanville got the hire here.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. UM fans will diminish the talent of Carroll and Carroll fans will inflate it. Fitzsimmons and Emmert were great players for Carroll, but not sure how that would translate to Big Sky and FCS football.

Forshizzle, I will just say that it will be someone that has recent ties to the program if the coach is hired within the week as they state. If it lingers longer, then you might see some different names.

Back