• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Write to Haslam.

Well Kent partially mentioned that...this is what he said "ROOT Sports is a business and they don’t want competing entities out their providing an alternative to their service. They are owned by DirecTV and want to drive consumers to their products. I can’t say that I blame them. They paid the Big Sky Conference for the rights and they negotiated all they could on the front end. Again…I can’t blame them."

But Idk how streaming them on ROOT would hurt that. I guess they could have like a user name and PWORD and charge 10$ a month just like all access does. Or am I missing something?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Well Kent partially mentioned that...this is what he said "ROOT Sports is a business and they don’t want competing entities out their providing an alternative to their service. They are owned by DirecTV and want to drive consumers to their products. I can’t say that I blame them. They paid the Big Sky Conference for the rights and they negotiated all they could on the front end. Again…I can’t blame them."

But Idk how streaming them on ROOT would hurt that. I guess they could have like a user name and PWORD and charge 10$ a month just like all access does. Or am I missing something?

Root likely doesn't have the infrastructure needed (currently) to handle the streaming process without significant investment. Much as we like to think of UM as the only thing that matters, if memory serves, there are 12 other markets that will likely have fans that would like to partake. Not to mention all of the other sporting events and conference items they cover. They may be able to partially serve their audiences with specific games, but I'd guess it's a question now of whether or not to invest in what will be needed to provide streaming services. But as I said before, even if that can be arranged, what you have now as often as not is garbage in - so what would you expect when time comes to make the content available?

bgbigdog said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Root likely doesn't have the infrastructure needed (currently) to handle the streaming process without significant investment. Much as we like to think of UM as the only thing that matters, if memory serves, there are 12 other markets that will likely have fans that would like to partake. Not to mention all of the other sporting events and conference items they cover. They may be able to partially serve their audiences with specific games, but I'd guess it's a question now of whether or not to invest in what will be needed to provide streaming services. But as I said before, even if that can be arranged, what you have now as often as not is garbage in - so what would you expect when time comes to make the content available?

Did you just have a seizure? I'm not sure what you're asking.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
Griz2k said:
Save for the Liberty game, every game can be seen with pretty much your basic cable package. I don't see the issue here.

Every Griz fan has cable and lives in the Northwest...

Haha exactly. You know who has ROOT in Texas....f***[*] nobody thats who...beleive me if I could buy the networks I would. Point is...all games should be accesable online! IU would pay for whatever service it was that would allow me to watch every game online. So for example ESPN3 owns the rights to to Big South or whatever conf Liberty is in....could the BigSky not make the same deal with ESPN3???

Well its avalible for the same price with dish or direct. Sounds like someone is just too cheap. Honestly with direct for 13.99 a month i get all sports networks. From east to west pretty much. Save pac12. There are options we have better options than 99% of the fcs and prob. 50% of the fbs

argh! said:
couldn't gogriz.com just stream the games and give the above-cost profits to root? that would make everyone but the investors in gogriz.com happy.

and for those who say 'all' one has to do is buy directv/dishtv/whatever cable with the extra sports package, well... you are probably fat, middle aged, and making far more money than what you should. there are people out there who actually have to live on a budget.

I DO happen to be fat and middle aged. I'm also a White conservative. How much SHOULD I be making, Obama? :? :?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
But naturally it all comes down to the fact that the Griz and our fan base has out grown the BSC and now we're really seeing the reprecusions of this. Other fan bases cant garner up a viewing to make it worth while for the conference not to sell out to a 3rd rate television company....thats basically what all this told me.

If that were truly the case (or the belief within Roots' management) then EVERY Griz game would be on Roots, which obviously is not the case.

Haslam's name was in this thread...so....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/648620938724966400[/tweet]

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Did you just have a seizure? I'm not sure what you're asking.

Fourth post down on this page. Thanks for reminding me, need to take my meds. Trouble following along? Love that you can hi-lite in different colors.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. Anyone who has watched a Root broadcast, Griz or no Griz can't tell me it isn't 100,000x better than anything teams in this conference have had for television, save ESPN playoff games. It's not even in the same ballpark as the past. I for one hope Root re-ups with the Big Sky in 2017. I would absolutely despise going backwards with television games. It's the same with the petty bitching about uniforms. I'm sorry, but the deal the University of Montana has with Nike right now (Having a UM alumn as one of the top Nike execs) is 100,000x time better than anything this university had before it.

The current agreement is much better for the growth of the program. I feel for those who feel they are being left out, screwed, or viewing it as a negative. As for the comments about budgets, most of us have budgets. With that said, in the years when my finances were not where I like them, I had to decide where to cut corners and what was more of a priority for me. Access to GRIZ games, or sacrificing some other things? Guess what, I cut back how much driving I did, how often I went out for food and drinks, and how much beer I drank. Amazingly enough, I not only got the GRIZ access I wanted, but realized cutting back on the other things actually helped my health and freed up more money than I was even planning. We do have a little more control of the outcome than we think. The question is, What are you willing to do?

EverettGriz said:
Again, all 3 Root stations (Seattle, Denver, Pittsburgh) are available in just about every market; buy the sports package. It's awesome.
You act like all Griz games are on Root. This just in; they are not.

argh! said:
couldn't gogriz.com just stream the games and give the above-cost profits to root? that would make everyone but the investors in gogriz.com happy.

and for those who say 'all' one has to do is buy directv/dishtv/whatever cable with the extra sports package, well... you are probably fat, middle aged, and making far more money than what you should. there are people out there who actually have to live on a budget.
I'm fat, middle aged + and have DirecTV and the Sports Pak and I was able to get the Liberty game on channel 790. I also get the Root Channels. However, when games are not on Root and are owned by Cowles they are usually put on SWX which is not carried by DirecTV or other providers like Century Link. Streaming also requires an ISP that is better than that offered in much of MT. All Griz fans do not live in Missoula or Billings.

Some people are unable to view all Griz games like previous and are venting their frustration...everyone else just keeps telling them to move...what a great deal

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Again, all 3 Root stations (Seattle, Denver, Pittsburgh) are available in just about every market; buy the sports package. It's awesome.

I was acting like the problem was the games on root. The Cowles games are streamed.

Maybe I'm confused what the problem is. :?

EverettGriz said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

I was acting like the problem was the games on root. The Cowles games are streamed.

Maybe I'm confused what the problem is. :?
Screw this EG!!

I'll be over with a ladder, drill, spade bit, conduit, duct tape, sawzall, and a case of beer. FTA will be yours.

BTW, what's your homeowner's deductible?

Hoof Hearted said:
I have DirecTv and I've seen every game so far at home in HD. Thanks Mr. Haslam. Dunno what the bellyaching is about.

it is the year 2015, and folks get their media from ways other than old fashioned t.v. these days. given the number of people on egriz who are expressing unhappiness about not being able to stream the games, i'm pretty sure we aren't the only griz fans who were previously able to stream the games, but can't any more.

argh! said:
Hoof Hearted said:
I have DirecTv and I've seen every game so far at home in HD. Thanks Mr. Haslam. Dunno what the bellyaching is about.

it is the year 2015, and folks get their media from ways other than old fashioned t.v. these days. given the number of people on egriz who are expressing unhappiness about not being able to stream the games, i'm pretty sure we aren't the only griz fans who were previously able to stream the games, but can't any more.

Your sophistication with the times just dwarfs my old fashioned naivete. I am so impressed with you, almost as impressed as you are with yourself. I'll be watching all the games on multiple 4K sets, so enjoy your games you are able to get from your ultra sophisticated 2015 technology if you can.

mtgrizfankb said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
Griz2k said:
Save for the Liberty game, every game can be seen with pretty much your basic cable package. I don't see the issue here.

Every Griz fan has cable and lives in the Northwest...

Haha exactly. You know who has ROOT in Texas....f***[*] nobody thats who...beleive me if I could buy the networks I would. Point is...all games should be accesable online! IU would pay for whatever service it was that would allow me to watch every game online. So for example ESPN3 owns the rights to to Big South or whatever conf Liberty is in....could the BigSky not make the same deal with ESPN3???

Well its avalible for the same price with dish or direct. Sounds like someone is just too cheap. Honestly with direct for 13.99 a month i get all sports networks. From east to west pretty much. Save pac12. There are options we have better options than 99% of the fcs and prob. 50% of the fbs

I live in apartment that makes you have Time Warner Cable....sounds like someones a dipshit that hasn't kept up with the convo?

Latest posts

Back