• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Write to Haslam.

argh! said:
couldn't gogriz.com just stream the games and give the above-cost profits to root? that would make everyone but the investors in gogriz.com happy.

and for those who say 'all' one has to do is buy directv/dishtv/whatever cable with the extra sports package, well... you are probably fat, middle aged, and making far more money than what you should. there are people out there who actually have to live on a budget.

so is that worse than being a skinny ugly mo-fo that has no chance of ever getting a date even with the fattest/ugliest of the fairer sex?? Just wonderin!

The_Real_Chief said:
Grizlaw said:
argh! said:
Silvertip said:
For those folks who can't understand why a for-profit company doesn't want to give away its product I suggest getting a copy of Economics for Dummies... :coffee:

nobody said they wanted root to "give away" their "tens of millions of dollars" from broadcasting a few griz games. just that we'd like a way to stream it, for which we'd all happily pay. i don't see why that is so hard for some of you to accept.
Argh for what it's worth, I'm with you. I've been making the same argument for years. I've emailed people at UM, at the BSC, and at Root, practically begging all of the above to exercise their respective powers to give us a reliable streaming option. And after several years of getting nowhere with that, I finally switched to directv, and am happy I did.

I understand the frustration, but I also understand the economic incentives that are preventing you from getting what you want. It'll probably change someday (maybe even fairly soon), but for now, you're basically cursing the darkness.

I have been able to watch every griz game for the last 3 years and i've lived in Florida, North Carolina, and Colorado. No issues on my front, just need to find the illegal streams.

Where are you streaming from?? Where I live I can't get Root Sports. It is only on Comcast and I can't get that at my house.

Grizlaw said:
argh! said:
Silvertip said:
For those folks who can't understand why a for-profit company doesn't want to give away its product I suggest getting a copy of Economics for Dummies... :coffee:

...but for now, you're basically cursing the darkness.

We are not here to curse the darkness, but to light a candle that can guide us through the darkness to a safe and sure future. For the world is changing. The old era is ending. The old ways will not do.

The problems are not all solved and the battles are not all won and we stand today on the edge of a New Frontier - a frontier of unknown opportunities and perils, a frontier of unfulfilled hopes and threats.

It has been a long road to this crowded convention city. Now begins another long journey, taking me into your cities and towns and homes all over America.

Give me your help. Give me your hand, your voice and your vote.
John F. Kennedy

Your time is coming Root...

Hammer said:
argh! said:
couldn't gogriz.com just stream the games and give the above-cost profits to root? that would make everyone but the investors in gogriz.com happy.

and for those who say 'all' one has to do is buy directv/dishtv/whatever cable with the extra sports package, well... you are probably fat, middle aged, and making far more money than what you should. there are people out there who actually have to live on a budget.

so is that worse than being a skinny ugly mo-fo that has no chance of ever getting a date even with the fattest/ugliest of the fairer sex?? Just wonderin!

:lol:

I honestly can't understand his way of thinking. There is a perfectly suitable solution to his perceived problem, but he would rather complain about it. If you can't afford it, that sucks. I've been there. But complaining and trying to insult people who can afford it does nothing. I don't complain about not having a private jet, nor do I feel entitled to one.

CDAGRIZ said:
Hammer said:
argh! said:

I honestly can't understand his way of thinking. There is a perfectly suitable solution to his perceived problem, but he would rather complain about it. If you can't afford it, that sucks. I've been there. But complaining and trying to insult people who can afford it does nothing. I don't complain about not having a private jet, nor do I feel entitled to one.

you know, you used to be funny. so was hammer, who by the way is a real handsome dude with a gut i'm sure sends all the ladies' hearts aflutter. he was especially funny when he sent me that pm threatening to beat me up. trust me, i shuddered in fear. anyway, now you are funny no more, just a bunch of overly touchy little girls who can't emotionally handle someone with a different opinion posting on a website made for.... opinions. yet here is where you spend your lives. interesting.

oh, i still think it is reasonable to believe a streaming solution could be found so that those of us who don't watch t.v. (a growing segment of the population, i believe) can reliably watch the games. if you want to categorize that as whining and complaining via your own whining and complaining, i'm not surprised.

get your panties in a wad over that, hoof-headed!

Rad. Thanks for sharing. I still can't understand your thinking, and I think that is a growing segment of the population. :thumb: There isn't streaming. Solve your problem or don't.

CDAGRIZ said:
Rad. Thanks for sharing. I still can't understand your thinking, and I think that is a growing segment of the population. :thumb: There isn't streaming. Solve your problem or don't.

you are welcome! but... hey, have you noticed that for every game someone starts a thread asking about where they can find it streamed? no? i thought not. too busy chuckling at your own genius. ho ho ho.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

you are welcome! but... hey, have you noticed that for every game someone starts a thread asking about where they can find it streamed? no? i thought not. too busy chuckling at your own genius. ho ho ho.

Yep. Can't stream Root. Sorry. Have fun playing with your cats. :thumb:

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Hammer said:
argh! said:

you know, you used to be funny. so was hammer, who by the way is a real handsome dude with a gut i'm sure sends all the ladies' hearts aflutter. he was especially funny when he sent me that pm threatening to beat me up. trust me, i shuddered in fear. anyway, now you are funny no more, just a bunch of overly touchy little girls who can't emotionally handle someone with a different opinion posting on a website made for.... opinions. yet here is where you spend your lives. interesting.

oh, i still think it is reasonable to believe a streaming solution could be found so that those of us who don't watch t.v. (a growing segment of the population, i believe) can reliably watch the games. if you want to categorize that as whining and complaining via your own whining and complaining, i'm not surprised.

get your panties in a wad over that, hoof-headed!

perfection....

Anybody care to help an old timer as how these online streams work? I live out of the country and have exhausted every avenue to watch a griz game honest and legally. I've written all the people and organization mentioned in these post. I have offered to pay. Despite all my complaints and as it seems the complaints of many others it just gets more restricted each year. I have a chrome box with chrome os, unsure if torrent streams will work on it. I can buy an android box here locally. I just can't find any instructions as to how to find online streams. Thanks in advance for any help.

You guys that say you don't see what the problem is, "you can watch just about every game with basic cable" or "Dish Networks has Root Sports",. You guys just don't get the problem. If the people complaining lived in the North West there would be no problem, as I hear no one saying they are not willing to pay. The problem is if you have cable, dish networks, direct tv and don't live in the North West, you don't get root sports NW you get the regional Rootsports and it usually will not be carrying the North West games. This problem gets even worse if you live out of the country. Believe me when I was in Iraq the local cable and satellite companies don't care about the griz. This also applies for my time in Korea, Thailand, U.A.E., Cambodia, and many more. Just for the Cal Poly game I was in rural area of Thailand, this area had a mobile phone carrier with great internet that was not my usual carrier. I went and bought a 4g smart phone with internet tethering, a hotel room, 12 gigabytes of prepaid data, borrowed a 40 inch HD TV and drove it 3 KM on a motor scooter to the hotel and paid grizall access their 9.95 to watch it. All in about $300. And then all access screwed it up. Talk about frustration.

It does seem a little odd that just about every Frontier Conference team streams their games (a few schools charge for theirs) and the big boy University of Montana seems unable to do it.

cclarkblues said:
It does seem a little odd that just about every Frontier Conference team streams their games (a few schools charge for theirs) and the big boy University of Montana seems unable to do it.

They don't own the rights, those sold to the devil who doesn't give a flying-f$&k about anyone who doesn't have traditional TV access. Think that sums it up for now...

Latest posts

Back