• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats Losing Players

I hear cats talking about how horrible the “transfer portal” is and I picture a giant black hole above the shit pond sucking up student athletes and spitting them out at some other school. But really they’re just talking about “I-90.”

Seems reasonable to believe that the cats transfer problems are a result of Choate’s recruiting strategy. When you go out and early offer half the kids in the western US you can’t expect to get a lot of players who are truly committed to their institution, as opposed to the more traditional model of much more laser-focused recruiting and far fewer offers which is more likely to result in good fits between school and player and stronger loyalty to the institution. Just sounds like the cats are now reaping what they’ve failed to sow these last few recruiting classes. I bet it keeps happening in Bozo and I also bet it doesn’t change their recruiting strategy going forward.

firmgriz said:
Seems reasonable to believe that the cats transfer problems are a result of Choate’s recruiting strategy. When you go out and early offer half the kids in the western US you can’t expect to get a lot of players who are truly committed to their institution, as opposed to the more traditional model of much more laser-focused recruiting and far fewer offers which is more likely to result in good fits between school and player and stronger loyalty to the institution. Just sounds like the cats are now reaping what they’ve failed to sow these last few recruiting classes. I bet it keeps happening in Bozo and I also bet it doesn’t change their recruiting strategy going forward.

firmgriz post makes absolute sense to me....i guess the other way to look at it, is if you swing for the fences at every at bat, odds are you will connect once in while.

firmgriz said:

BINGO!

Paytonlives said:
firmgriz said:

BINGO!

This makes me laugh. Even with the losses, the Cats have had very strong recruiting years under Choate. They have developed excellent depth at most positions. If your saying that Griz recruiting is better because it laser-focused, the results do not show it.

The transfer portal is already impacting all of college football and it has just started. If you don't think the Griz will not be impacted, you are in for some disappointment.

Maybe if the Cats lose enough players the grizz can finally beat them. Then there would be far fewer little brother threads over here and fewer opportunities for PR to put on display his advancing Alzheimer's.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Holy shit another one bites the dust! They had 30 players in that class and now 10 of them are already gone or never ever showed up to begin with. And I want to say all 10 were 2 and 3 star kids which is why they got such high recruiting rankings from HERO Sports. This one will hurt the most....a bowling ball DT who played a lot last season as a true freshman. Not easy to find or replace! Sorry BS33, at one point you gotta take your sack out of Choates mouth and ask yourself wtf is going on here.

Losing Williams does hurt. He would have been a starter. Williams is not leaving because of Choate or the program. Losing his dad was really tough on his family. He wants to be with them. Cannot fault him for that. I wish him the best. Also, we do have some decent depth and some good talent coming in. Also, it is early enough to bring in transfers if need be. TheCat roster all the way around will be stronger next year.

The great Griz recruiting classes you guys have had orgasms over on here the last few years have not done much. You might want to ask wtf is going on?

How do you know why Williams is leaving? You talk of such things like you had Williams over for dinner. You have no f***[*] clue why he left except for the rumors you read on kitty nation and then try to sugar coat over here. It’s rinse lather repeat with you and it’s always sugar coated with a shit ton of sugar. How do you know he wants to be with his family? Don’t spew shit you have no idea about, you did that with Vernon Adams and it didn’t go well.

Sorry to disappoint you all on here but the rumors of Williams leaving appear to be fake news. He was in the weight room at MSU yesterday working out. He likes MSU and loves being in Bozeman, although it has been a tough for him with his family situation.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Holy shit another one bites the dust! They had 30 players in that class and now 10 of them are already gone or never ever showed up to begin with. And I want to say all 10 were 2 and 3 star kids which is why they got such high recruiting rankings from HERO Sports. This one will hurt the most....a bowling ball DT who played a lot last season as a true freshman. Not easy to find or replace! Sorry BS33, at one point you gotta take your sack out of Choates mouth and ask yourself wtf is going on here.

Losing Williams does hurt. He would have been a starter. Williams is not leaving because of Choate or the program. Losing his dad was really tough on his family. He wants to be with them. Cannot fault him for that. I wish him the best. Also, we do have some decent depth and some good talent coming in. Also, it is early enough to bring in transfers if need be. TheCat roster all the way around will be stronger next year.

The great Griz recruiting classes you guys have had orgasms over on here the last few years have not done much. You might want to ask wtf is going on?

How do you know why Williams is leaving? You talk of such things like you had Williams over for dinner. You have no f***[*] clue why he left except for the rumors you read on kitty nation and then try to sugar coat over here. It’s rinse lather repeat with you and it’s always sugar coated with a shit ton of sugar. How do you know he wants to be with his family? Don’t spew shit you have no idea about, you did that with Vernon Adams and it didn’t go well.

Sorry to disappoint you all on here but the rumors of Williams leaving appear to be fake news. He was in the weight room at MSU yesterday working out. He likes MSU and loves being in Bozeman, although it has been a tough for him with his family situation.

Hahahahahahaha but you said (with a ton of confidence) he left to be close to family and that he really missed home. Another Vernon Adams move....hahahaha....so awesome!

bigsky33 said:
Paytonlives said:
firmgriz said:

BINGO!

This makes me laugh. Even with the losses, the Cats have had very strong recruiting years under Choate. They have developed excellent depth at most positions. If your saying that Griz recruiting is better because it laser-focused, the results do not show it.

The transfer portal is already impacting all of college football and it has just started. If you don't think the Griz will not be impacted, you are in for some disappointment.

No Saying that the cat way of recruiting and throwing offers to everyone in Washington Oregon and California comes with problems. These players realize that they are not a priority just another number. If things go bad for whatever reason, they are not loyal. Because the coaches are not loyal to them. That’s what 200 offers do

I'm not so sure that the offer strategy of either MSU or UM can determined without getting inside info from the coaches, which I don't think they are supposed to give, unless the coach generally describes the strategy publicly. I am told that getting offer info from the internet, twitter and services is often not accurate. Kids, families and others sometimes exaggerate or make up offers, or stretch something that isn't yet an offer into an offer.

I can't imagine that MSU or UM use the shotgun approach. Do they sometimes offer Pac-12 quality kids? Yes, but even that is probably limited, I would think.

ABQCat said:
Maybe if the Cats lose enough players the grizz can finally beat them. Then there would be far fewer little brother threads over here and fewer opportunities for PR to put on display his advancing Alzheimer's.

Can you remind me who you are, and what your source of knowledge and expertise on football is?

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Hahahahahahaha but you said (with a ton of confidence) he left to be close to family and that he really missed home. Another Vernon Adams move....hahahaha....so awesome!

I wrote in my posts yesterday that reports of his leaving and going to an FBS school have not been confirmed. If the rumor was true, I said that it was because of his Dad's death and his situation with his family. These rumors were started by a Cat fan that was following and making assumptions about his Twitter post. Not a good thing to do. Apparently, Williams went home last weekend to visit his family. Now back and getting it done in the weight room. Hooked, you make yourself look like an ass-hat with your twisting things around. Your quest to make Choate look bad always comes back to to make you look like a fool. The guy has continued to build a strong program and own the Griz.

ABQCat said:

No mention of The Transfer Portal ("TP") = Bobcat post fails to qualify.
It's all about TP. Clean this shit up.

ABQCat said:
One of the benefits of a head coach who uses his assistants as slave labor

bigsky33 said:
Even with the losses, the Cats have had very strong recruiting years under Choate. They have developed excellent depth at most positions.
Really? So why the hell can’t the dude recruit the most important position in all of sports? You would think that with “very stong recruiting years” Mr Chode would have at least found one QB by now who could, you know, actually throw the ball. :lol:
Maybe that’s just his strategy. Why waste time recruiting a QB when we can just convert a LB or WR?

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
Even with the losses, the Cats have had very strong recruiting years under Choate. They have developed excellent depth at most positions.
Really? So why the hell can’t the dude recruit the most important position in all of sports? You would think that with “very stong recruiting years” Mr Chode would have at least found one QB by now who could, you know, actually throw the ball. :lol:
Maybe that’s just his strategy. Why waste time recruiting a QB when we can just convert a LB or WR?

But he has continued their streak of Preseason National Champs!

MikeyGriz said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

But he has continued their streak of Preseason National Champs!

....or a 3-0 streak against the Griz....

Man, some if you make Griz Nation look like jackwads.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Similiarly our issue with recruiting O-linemen and CB's. Why do all the 3* CB's seem to go to MSU?

Back