• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
If Baer was a cancer, BH would never hard hired him. I assume BH has a lot more coaching friends than you do. It is isn't bull crap to talk about the last time BH was at UM. It is very useful data. My view is that most of negative stuff is coming from people who have a hard-on for BH. Not criticizing you, but obviously don't agree with much of your post.
A hard-on for BH or butthurt for the end of the Stitt era, which was always just another year away from success.

Good point.

kem the clown is the one eternally bringing the discussion back to stitt. must make him feel better about himself, what with the big plans to take his ball and go home if things didn't go exactly his way :)

It’s pointless to to wildly speculate on who caused Jenson or Favorosa to leave without conducting some kind of fact fnding inquiry with sunpeona power. Lol. Best we can do is continue to live and die by the rumors posted here which is what I guess makes this place. Would like to hear more from imeangrizness if he is what he says he is. Though I doubt very much he would comment directly on his ex teamates or his current coaches, but who knows maybe we just need to ask him. I think that is the most important thing to keep in mind what is the group think of the team. So hey imeangrizness what is going on can you give some insight from a players perspective? Thank you for your consideration.

Uhhhhh?. Pretty sure this defense sucked last year. No one player is safe and if they all quit because Baer doesn’t realize they are special, then good - clear em out. There are plenty of kids out there who would bust their ass and sacrifice to play for Montana and Coach Hauck.

No more coddling. Life isn’t fair. Great football coaches generally are dickheads. My favorite coaches were the ones I hated playing for.

It’s pretty simple, coaches want to win. They will play the guys who buy-into their program and make plays.

Maybe this staff randomly selected guys to test how they and others would react to some tough love? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know is this team looked they wanted to actually play football this spring which is a huge improvement from the prior staff.

Coach Baer sounds like a great coach. The more guys like him, the better.

Re-building a championship program doesn’t come without some bruised egos. Happens...big f’n deal.

Any players who don’t have 100% buy-in or think they were hot shit on an average Griz team that got their coach fired, should go. Now.

Program over feelings.

Hauck and Baer are exactly what this crybaby, participation trophy, 9,000 enrollment school and fan base needs. Man up, ladies.

Go Griz.

griz5700 said:
Uhhhhh?. Pretty sure this defense sucked last year. No one player is safe and if they all quit because Baer doesn’t realize they are special, then good - clear em out. There are plenty of kids out there who would bust their ass and sacrifice to play for Montana and Coach Hauck.

No more coddling. Life isn’t fair. Great football coaches generally are dickheads. My favorite coaches were the ones I hated playing for.

It’s pretty simple, coaches want to win. They will play the guys who buy-into their program and make plays.

Maybe this staff randomly selected guys to test how they and others would react to some tough love? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know is this team looked they wanted to actually play football this spring which is a huge improvement from the prior staff.

Re-building a championship program doesn’t come without some bruised egos. Happens...big f’n deal.

Any players who don’t have 100% buy-in or think they were hot shit on an average Griz team that got their coach fired, should go. Now.

Program over feelings.

Hauck and Baer are exactly what this crybaby, participation trophy, 9,000 enrollment school and fan base needs. Man up, ladies.

Go Griz.
Well done.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
If Baer was a cancer, BH would never hard hired him. I assume BH has a lot more coaching friends than you do. It is isn't bull crap to talk about the last time BH was at UM. It is very useful data. My view is that most of negative stuff is coming from people who have a hard-on for BH. Not criticizing you, but obviously don't agree with much of your post.
A hard-on for BH or butthurt for the end of the Stitt era, which was always just another year away from success.

Good point.

kem the clown is the one eternally bringing the discussion back to stitt. must make him feel better about himself, what with the big plans to take his ball and go home if things didn't go exactly his way :)
That's it in a nutshell; you've really got it.

kemajic said:
griz5700 said:

Program over feelings.

Go Griz.
Well done.

I too liked that post. Didn't necessarily agree with all of it, but thought it captured alot about what I think of football and my experiences.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
griz5700 said:

Program over feelings.

Go Griz.
Well done.

I too liked that post. Didn't necessarily agree with all of it, but thought it captured alot about what I think of football and my experiences.

i love it when flabby old men tell other people to 'man up'. thanks for the laugh!

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
griz5700 said:

Program over feelings.

Go Griz.
Well done.

i love it when flabby old men tell other people to 'man up'. thanks for the laugh!

Interesting comment from a total wimp, who never played the game and doesn't understand it. Heard you grew up in Helena, as an odd duck, according to your classmates. Only went to UM for grad school. Apparently was never the same after his British wife divorced you. Haven't live in MT since grad school. A researcher/prof, who has lived in god forsaken places like Pocatello, and now in the East, and obviously you don't have much of a life.

I was nice enough to invite you to our box over a decade ago. I talked to you and was nice. Then, saw how you dissed me after that. I can tell what kind of guy you are. Are total loser. Always were; always will be.

You obviously don't understand that manning up has nothing to do with weight, or build. It comes from the head and heart. The laugh is on you. Game on, loser.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Well done.

Interesting comment from a total wimp, who never played the game and doesn't understand it. Heard you grew up in Helena, as an odd duck, according to your classmates. Only went to UM for grad school. Apparently was never the same after his British wife divorced you. Haven't live in MT since grad school. A researcher/prof, who has lived in god forsaken places like Pocatello, and now in the East, and obviously you don't have much of a life.

I was nice enough to invite you to our box over a decade ago. I talked to you and was nice. Then, saw how you dissed me after that. I can tell what kind of guy you are. Are total loser. Always were; always will be.

You obviously don't understand that manning up has nothing to do with weight, or build. It comes from the head and heart. The laugh is on you. Game on, loser.

wow, and you claim to not be an internet stalker....

GrizLA said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

wow, and you claim to not be an internet stalker....

Never stalked anyone, but happen to know a bunch of his high school classmates. And, I have a good memory. It looks like argh has been after Kem a bit too much lately. If I were Kem, I would be answering.

As for you, also a bit of a loser, from what I have observed.

Merkleman said:
driftwood said:
Three schools in three years? is that correct?

Not sure of the relevance but that would be correct.

Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Well done.

oh dear, greenie, i literally spit out my tea laughing at this. definitely agree that I've always been a one-of-a-kind, original person. not a suck up, like you. never had a british wife, so maybe those you know i went to high school with, who obviously don't really know me, are pretending they do because they encountered me during a few months of my life after a painful break up. that was a long time, and many miles ago. also, excepting for a couple of fellow one-of-a-kind individuals i know from those days who now live in missoula, the ones who i suspect you know might have some monetary success, but lack true originality. i'd say "like you", but i actually respect that you do have some originality, although you are indeed a stalker.

i dunno, greenie. i'm 6,589 miles away from missoula, using a language i learned in my 50's to actively engage with a variety of people born to a different culture. some are rich, some are poor, and they all have different perspectives on life to offer. i greatly enjoy listening what they have to say, and for the most part they seem to appreciate my presence. my only job is to exist how i see fit.

game on, old fat man who needs to name check to feel important.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

oh dear, greenie, i literally spit out my tea laughing at this. definitely agree that I've always been a one-of-a-kind, original person. not a suck up, like you. never had a british wife, so maybe those you know i went to high school with, who obviously don't really know me, are pretending they do because they encountered me during a few months of my life after a painful break up. that was a long time, and many miles ago. also, excepting for a couple of fellow one-of-a-kind individuals i know from those days who now live in missoula, the ones who i suspect you know might have some monetary success, but lack true originality. i'd say "like you", but i actually respect that you do have some originality, although you are indeed a stalker.

i dunno, greenie. i'm 6,589 miles away from missoula, using a language i learned in my 50's to actively engage with a variety of people born to a different culture. some are rich, some are poor, and they all have different perspectives on life to offer. i greatly enjoy listening what they have to say, and for the most part they seem to appreciate my presence. my only job is to exist how i see fit.

game on, gimpy fat old man who needs to name check to feel better about himself. oh, and give the intersection designer a big kiss for me!

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:

Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.
Just dumb. Should he have stayed 4 years at the 2 year Juco he was at. Lol

How many schools has the new QB been at in the last 3 years? Duh

That's how it is with every Juco product

I have no idea what happened with Chris but I agree that players need to be all in with the coaches. I loved Vika’s attitude when moved from MLB to fullback. “It’s different going from delivering the hit to taking it but maybe we can adjust that.” I love the “little chance of success-certainty of death..what are we waiting for” attitude. We are going to have a good football team with or without Favoroso. I liked him and loved watching him play but he decided to leave so it is what it is. On to UNI....
Go Griz!

griz5700 said:

I agreed with most of your post but this first statement was just retarded. While the DEFENSE may have sucked, it wasn’t for lack of talent (in most positions). It was Semore’s scheme that sucked. These talented kids weren’t put in positions to be effective. Running off talented players because the scheme sucked seems pretty short sighted, IMHO. Much like freshmen AA QB’s, 13.5 TFL DE’s don’t grow on trees.

Wouldn’t it be easier to build an effective defense with GOOD players than with mediocre players? Other than Shaw, Sims & Buss, I think they just ran off the best player on the D...now there’s ANOTHER hole to fill...as if there weren’t enough already (especially on D).

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:

do you feel the same about Sneed and Humphrey's.3 in 3.

braves84 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:

do you feel the same about Sneed and Humphrey's.3 in 3.

And every other JuCo “bounce back” kid out there...it’s really NOT that “extremely uncommon”...

griz5700 said:

Program over feelings.

Go Griz.

Not sure what universe you played on but great coaches are coaches that players would run through a brick wall for.

As far a Baer being a great coach....His career has been on a downward spiral for years. Last year UNLV was 45 point favorites against Howard and lost something like 47- 43. One of the biggest upsets in college football history.
Good luck with that one.

As far as Hauck. I wasn't anti Hauck and was quite intrigued by what might be but there is a big difference between now and his 1st stint. It's not hard to take over a championship team and keep a down hill locomotive moving forward. Everything is easier, support, recruiting top players, coaches etc.

We're all about to find out what kind of coach he really is now that he has to actually build a team.

This time around he is taking over team and program that is closer to the UNLV team he took over than the championship caliber team he took over years ago. How did that work out for him?

Colter noted on the radio the other day that his info was that Chris may graduate in July. A worthy academic accomplishment with three schools in the mix of credits in less then five years. If so, I’d think there are likely no restrictions on where he goes, assuming an offer, as a grad transfer. Best of luck Chris.

Back