• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

Dutch Lane said:
MCGF, you and HOG must not have played for old school hard asses Mcleroy or Peeps

We both played for the Peoples brothers. MCGF was an all-state player who had opportunities with both Cats and Griz. Me, not so much. Baseball was my game. Those guys were definitely hard asses but I respected them for the most part and they respected all of us for the most part and they are obviously good coaches because they keep taking very small somewhat untalented Butte Central teams into the playoffs each year.

My bigger point was that a good coach learns how to bring each individual player to their full potential. He or she figures out what makes them tick and builds on that. Obviously Baer is over that or never figured that out in the first place.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
BH had to deal with Travis Lulay; Stitt didn't. Explains that.

Good Lord. I’ve NEVER seen someone make excuses like you do. You’re like the world f***[*] champion at excusing away the performance of Hauck-coached teams. :lol:

Hauck also didn’t have to deal with a team that had a DC who had been on HIS staff the year before. :lol: :roll: See how easy that is?
Amazingly deflective. Lulay remains one of the BSC's best all time QBs. Had it not been for Stitt's ego maybe the Gregorak would have stayed at UM. Instead of Semore; wasn't that a great choice? He sure as hell stuck it in Stitt's ass two years in a row. See how easy that is?

Yes, it’s easy to make excuses. You’re the master at it where Hauck is concerned.

Lulay (the all-world QB) went 6-6, 7-6, 6-5, 7-4 in his four years. So are you telling me that Hauck can’t coach up a team to beat ONE good player on an otherwise mediocre team? Gee, where have I heard that before....hmm....let me think.... :roll: Because if that’s the case you might as well throw in the towel....because we’ve seen that play before.

Dude, what is your fascination with Bob Stitt? He was the worst hire this university has made in 50 years. Anyone with a clue about the game of football could watch our team perform in Stitt's three years and immediately understand how he and his Div. II coaching staff was out-coached on a weekly basis. Yet you continue to support him.

I am friends with several former Griz football players, and all of them wanted Stitt gone. There has got to be a reason why you can not see the forest for the trees. Why don't you enlighten us as to that reason, so we can stop thinking you are just that daft?

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Good Lord. I’ve NEVER seen someone make excuses like you do. You’re like the world f***[*] champion at excusing away the performance of Hauck-coached teams. :lol:

Hauck also didn’t have to deal with a team that had a DC who had been on HIS staff the year before. :lol: :roll: See how easy that is?
Amazingly deflective. Lulay remains one of the BSC's best all time QBs. Had it not been for Stitt's ego maybe the Gregorak would have stayed at UM. Instead of Semore; wasn't that a great choice? He sure as hell stuck it in Stitt's ass two years in a row. See how easy that is?

Yes, it’s easy to make excuses. You’re the master at it where Hauck is concerned.

Lulay (the all-world QB) went 6-6, 7-6, 6-5, 7-4 in his four years. So are you telling me that Hauck can’t coach up a team to beat ONE good player on an otherwise mediocre team? Gee, where have I heard that before....hmm....let me think.... :roll: Because if that’s the case you might as well throw in the towel....because we’ve seen that play before.

Dude, what is your fascination with Bob Stitt? He was the worst hire this university has made in 50 years. Anyone with a clue about the game of football could watch our team perform in Stitt's three years and immediately understand how he and his Div. II coaching staff was out-coached on a weekly basis. Yet you continue to support him.

I am friends with several former Griz football players, and all of them wanted Stitt gone. There has got to be a reason why you can not see the forest for the trees. Why don't you enlighten us as to that reason, so we can stop thinking you are just that daft?

You are reading something that isn't there, DUDE. Please explain to me where, in that post, I said anything positive about Stitt? In fact, it's exactly the opposite. STITT couldn't coach a team up to beat a mediocre team with one good player EITHER.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

4theluvofgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Interesting. I came out for 3 games last year and came to the spring game this year. I stayed in a house with 8 players and all 8 as well as every other player or players parent I met with with the exception of one loved the last staff.
Who knows maybe this staff will recapture their magic. Only time will tell.
Stitt had this team headed in the right direction. Jensen was/is a terrific young QB but he was a Freshman that didnt take 1st team snaps in practice until just before game 4. AS great as he played he had some freshman moments during the season which should be expected.
If the senior QB doesnt get hurt last years team would have been a playoff team.
Stitts oldest recruiting class were sophomres.

But after this season your argument will be to give it a few years. Hauck has to get his own players. Somehow that same logic doesnt apply to Stitt.

HookedonGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:
MCGF, you and HOG must not have played for old school hard asses Mcleroy or Peeps

We both played for the Peoples brothers. MCGF was an all-state player who had opportunities with both Cats and Griz. Me, not so much. Baseball was my game. Those guys were definitely hard asses but I respected them for the most part and they respected all of us for the most part and they are obviously good coaches because they keep taking very small somewhat untalented Butte Central teams into the playoffs each year.

My bigger point was that a good coach learns how to bring each individual player to their full potential. He or she figures out what makes them tick and builds on that. Obviously Baer is over that or never figured that out in the first place.

Thanks for the insight I’m finally learning not to take this stuff personally. Lol. I really don’t think Donnie gets enough credit either....smallest school in class A, 143 kids, say half are girls, so 71 boys spread over 4 grades, 23 boys per class, and they are year in year out highly competitive and make deep runs in the playoffs. Dillon (326) Billings central (326) and bc are the three smallest A schools and have been dominating. Bc would be one of the smaller schools if they ever dropped down to B. Lol. So 143 kids say compared to Belgrade (859) the largest class A school how do,they keep doing it? You guys obviously bought into a great tradition and it sure does show. I wonder how Donnie measures up to the other great Montana high school coaches. He does more with way less, a tiny private school in a town who’s best economic days are have been over since the early 80’s. Yeah he is probably the best coach in Montana year in and year out no question, he has kept that place afloat and successful, and he is old school. Oh hail central oh hail. Lol. :thumb:

Two of the best senior starters on the defense went to Haslam the day Stitt wasn't renewed, and told Haslam he had made the right decision. They also wish they had been able to play for Hauck.

Thanks for the insight I’m finally learning not to take this stuff personally. Lol. I really don’t think Donnie gets enough credit either....smallest school in class A, 143 kids, say half are girls, so 71 boys spread over 4 grades, 23 boys per class, and they are year in year out highly competitive and make deep runs in the playoffs. Dillon (326) Billings central (326) and bc are the three smallest A schools and have been dominating. Bc would be one of the smaller schools if they ever dropped down to B. Lol. So 143 kids say compared to Belgrade (859) the largest class A school how do,they keep doing it? You guys obviously bought into a great tradition and it sure does show. I wonder how Donnie measures up to the other great Montana high school coaches. He does more with way less, a tiny private school in a town who’s best economic days are have been over since the early 80’s. Yeah he is probably the best coach in Montana year in and year out no question, he has kept that place afloat and successful, and he is old school. Oh hail central oh hail. Lol. :thumb:

I have always respected butte central for their accomplishments in athletics, and i have never met a butte central alum that i didnt like as a person. that being said, they are successful in large part due to the fact that they recruit athletes. more importantly, they recruit student-athletes. . their cross section of students isnt quite like other schools. at least that is my opinion. i am certainly not an expert. nor did i attend there. still, what they achieve year in and year out is impressive to say the least..

I didn't play for Butte Central, don't know anyone who did, and know nothing about it, but this is what I believe ....

PR, I thought you wrote you met the late Ron Ueland, former central great. I know my posts are totally off the point of the thread, but hey it is summer and the Baer/Fav things has been beaten to death with no clear consensus. Lol

PlayerRep said:
Two of the best senior starters on the defense went to Haslam the day Stitt wasn't renewed, and told Haslam he had made the right decision. They also wish they had been able to play for Hauck.

Were these transfers Stitt brought in or non-Stitt recruits? My guess is the answer to this will shed light not only the disparate info given to you and Merkle, but how deep the Gregorak loyalty ran with some defense players.

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

Were these transfers Stitt brought in or non-Stitt recruits? My guess is the answer to this will shed light not only the disparate info given to you and Merkle, but how deep the Gregorak loyalty ran with some defense players.
One of the guys he’s referring to was Strahm. He was a Gregorak recruit. Also was unhappy with how he was treated after his DUI, but I'm sure that had nothing to do with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flathead Cat said:

I have always respected butte central for their accomplishments in athletics, and i have never met a butte central alum that i didnt like as a person. that being said, they are successful in large part due to the fact that they recruit athletes. more importantly, they recruit student-athletes. . their cross section of students isnt quite like other schools. at least that is my opinion. i am certainly not an expert. nor did i attend there. still, what they achieve year in and year out is impressive to say the least..
Sorry, but our athletic success has nothing to do with recruiting athletes. I had heard of a handful of players over the years from Deer Lodge and Whitehall that attended long after I graduated. But that's pretty rare. Besides an occasional exchange student the on roster (need bodies in order to go 11 on 11 in practice) the team is probably 90% 2nd and 3rd generation Maroons.

braves84 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:
Three schools in three years? is that correct?

Not sure of the relevance but that would be correct.

Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.
do you feel the same about Sneed and Humphrey's.3 in 3.
But technically, isn’t CF now onto his 4th in 4 years, while the other two are still on 3?

With all the opinons and speculations tossed around, the success of all programs begins with its coaching staff. Trust and respect between coaches and players did not exist this spring and are the missing links needed to have a good successful relationship to produce the best outcome. It is a two-way street needing equal consideration. If the head coach fails to recognize the assets each player brings from last season, he is the loser. Time will tell if his closed minded approach to his players will pay off. Until there is an actual challenging game with his new players will anyone know for sure. Stop the degradation of players - they all came with competitive spirits to do their best!

MiningCityGrizFan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:

One of the guys he’s referring to was Strahm. He was a Gregorak recruit. Also was unhappy with how he was treated after his DUI, but I'm sure that had nothing to do with it...

Another one was Tucker Schye! You also know what is going on in the locker room! That makes 2 people on this place that know whats going on and a couple hundred that wish they did.

Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
No, he should have stayed the 2. Last I checked App St isnt a juco either.
You can bet the the new QB was also responsible for his past as well.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong. Are you saying he should have stayed at the Juco for 2 years? He graduated with his AA in one year. Should he have stayed for another because???????

Never said anything about that at all. Curious why you are talking about his AA in one year at a juco before mentioning his time at App St. though?
I will try to word this better. The fact of it as a juco or his AA on a year is irrelevant when you dont jump over the top of the first school attended. My point is simply this, when you attend 3 schools in 3 years it would be foolish to think that the one and only reason you did so was because it was 100% the coaches fault/choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not even sure why I keep responding you. What you are arguing is stupid and irrelevant.

Virtually every single JUCO bounce on every team in the country would have played for 3 teams in 3 years.

But if it makes you feel better he loved the coaches at app state and they loved him. The same for Arizona Western and last years staff.

Youre the idiot if you think 3 in 3 is the norm.

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Maybe I am reading your post wrong. Are you saying he should have stayed at the Juco for 2 years? He graduated with his AA in one year. Should he have stayed for another because???????

Never said anything about that at all. Curious why you are talking about his AA in one year at a juco before mentioning his time at App St. though?
I will try to word this better. The fact of it as a juco or his AA on a year is irrelevant when you dont jump over the top of the first school attended. My point is simply this, when you attend 3 schools in 3 years it would be foolish to think that the one and only reason you did so was because it was 100% the coaches fault/choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not even sure why I keep responding you. What you are arguing is stupid and irrelevant.

Virtually every single JUCO bounce on every team in the country would have played for 3 teams in 3 years.

But if it makes you feel better he loved the coaches at app state and they loved him. The same for Arizona Western and last years staff.

It is for 90% of JUCO transfers...

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:

Calling someone an idiot when you don't even know how to use the correct "Your" is hypocritical. It's "You're," not Your.

BigSkyBears said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:

Calling someone an idiot when you don't even know how to use the correct "Your" is hypocritical. It's "You're," not Your.

Sue him. He forgot an apostrophe. :lol:

PlayerRep said:
I didn't play for Butte Central, don't know anyone who did, and know nothing about it, but this is what I believe ....

This isn't how most of your posts start....but its full content is pretty similar to most of them!!

Back