• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

AZGrizFan said:
braves84 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Not sure of the relevance but that would be correct.

Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.
do you feel the same about Sneed and Humphrey's.3 in 3.

And every other JuCo “bounce back” kid out there...it’s really NOT that “extremely uncommon”...
I agree with you, there are alot of reasons that NOBODY other than somebody close to the player knows
Just don't get the logic of calling the kid out when alot of its pure speculation.

bgbigdog said:
Colter noted on the radio the other day that his info was that Chris may graduate in July. A worthy academic accomplishment with three schools in the mix of credits in less then five years. If so, I’d think there are likely no restrictions on where he goes, assuming an offer, as a grad transfer. Best of luck Chris.

To his credit he will graduate in less than 4 years.
His career won't end here.
Within 24 hours of his release he had 2 AAC, 1 Mac and 2 FCS offers

braves84 said:
Just don't get the logic of calling the kid out when alot of its pure speculation.
There is no logic; most of it is just reaction to the BH/Baer calling out the coaching staff, which has been brutal and also has no logic.

Merkleman said:
Not sure what universe you played on but great coaches are coaches that players would run through a brick wall for.

As far a Baer being a great coach....His career has been on a downward spiral for years. Last year UNLV was 45 point favorites against Howard and lost something like 47- 43. One of the biggest upsets in college football history.
Good luck with that one.

As far as Hauck. I wasn't anti Hauck and was quite intrigued by what might be but there is a big difference between now and his 1st stint. It's not hard to take over a championship team and keep a down hill locomotive moving forward. Everything is easier, support, recruiting top players, coaches etc.

We're all about to find out what kind of coach he really is now that he has to actually build a team.

This time around he is taking over team and program that is closer to the UNLV team he took over than the championship caliber team he took over years ago. How did that work out for him?
Guess you forgot the Griz had lost 3 of their last 4 games before Hauck took over, with both QBs graduating. Labeling that a "championship team" exposes your spin.

kemajic said:
Merkleman said:
Not sure what universe you played on but great coaches are coaches that players would run through a brick wall for.

As far a Baer being a great coach....His career has been on a downward spiral for years. Last year UNLV was 45 point favorites against Howard and lost something like 47- 43. One of the biggest upsets in college football history.
Good luck with that one.

As far as Hauck. I wasn't anti Hauck and was quite intrigued by what might be but there is a big difference between now and his 1st stint. It's not hard to take over a championship team and keep a down hill locomotive moving forward. Everything is easier, support, recruiting top players, coaches etc.

We're all about to find out what kind of coach he really is now that he has to actually build a team.

This time around he is taking over team and program that is closer to the UNLV team he took over than the championship caliber team he took over years ago. How did that work out for him?
Guess you forgot the Griz had lost 3 of their last 4 games before Hauck took over, with both QBs graduating. Labeling that a "championship team" exposes your spin.

I'll correct it for you. Championship program not championship team. A 4 game slump hardly derails a championship program.

Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:

Good luck with that one.

I'll correct it for you. Championship program not championship team. A 4 game slump hardly derails a championship program.

I don't think of UM as a "Championship program" at the current time. They could become one again, but are not one right now.

Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:

Good luck with that one.

And remained such through all 7 of Hauck's years. You act like that was easy and he just cruised. No obstacles. Since you are so doubtful of BH's ability to return this program to a "championship program", who in your mind would be better to put a course correction to this slipping program? Equating Montana's current program stature to that of UNLV 2009 is ridiculous and is yet another exposure of your opinionated spin.

PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
i love it when flabby old men tell other people to 'man up'. thanks for the laugh!

Interesting comment from a total wimp, who never played the game and doesn't understand it. Heard you grew up in Helena, as an odd duck, according to your classmates. Only went to UM for grad school. Apparently was never the same after his British wife divorced you. Haven't live in MT since grad school. A researcher/prof, who has lived in god forsaken places like Pocatello, and now in the East, and obviously you don't have much of a life.

I was nice enough to invite you to our box over a decade ago. I talked to you and was nice. Then, saw how you dissed me after that. I can tell what kind of guy you are. Are total loser. Always were; always will be.

You obviously don't understand that manning up has nothing to do with weight, or build. It comes from the head and heart. The laugh is on you. Game on, loser.

wow, and you claim to not be an internet stalker....

Never stalked anyone, but happen to know a bunch of his high school classmates. And, I have a good memory. It looks like argh has been after Kem a bit too much lately. If I were Kem, I would be answering.

As for you, also a bit of a loser, from what I have observed.
Funny that argh(bqm) is calling anyone a stalker. About his only posts are those going after either me or PR, because we don't leave his illogical and often self-contradictory BS unchallenged. And he loves to make up stuff that was never said. He also likes to insult, hiding behind his keyboard(bqm), using age and weight as weapons, when in fact, he would have no chance with either PR or myself in person. He is no kid himself and was never as tough as his keyboard. I cannot think of a single proactive contribution he has made to this forum. Many years ago, he was at least funny, but life has turned him into a real sourpuss.

Merkleman said:
griz5700 said:
Uhhhhh?. Pretty sure this defense sucked last year. No one player is safe and if they all quit because Baer doesn’t realize they are special, then good - clear em out. There are plenty of kids out there who would bust their ass and sacrifice to play for Montana and Coach Hauck.

No more coddling. Life isn’t fair. Great football coaches generally are dickheads. My favorite coaches were the ones I hated playing for.

It’s pretty simple, coaches want to win. They will play the guys who buy-into their program and make plays.

Maybe this staff randomly selected guys to test how they and others would react to some tough love? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know is this team looked they wanted to actually play football this spring which is a huge improvement from the prior staff.

Coach Baer sounds like a great coach. The more guys like him, the better.

Re-building a championship program doesn’t come without some bruised egos. Happens...big f’n deal.

Any players who don’t have 100% buy-in or think they were hot shit on an average Griz team that got their coach fired, should go. Now.

Program over feelings.

Hauck and Baer are exactly what this crybaby, participation trophy, 9,000 enrollment school and fan base needs. Man up, ladies.

Go Griz.

Good luck with that one.

Oh come on. The Griz won 8, 6, and 7 games the past three years. The team BH took over in Vegas hadn’t won 21 games in SIX years prior to his arrival. While our performance the past 6-7 years hasn’t been “Griz-worthy”, it has been nowhere NEAR the debacle in the desert known as UNLV. Not even on the same planet.

Not knowing anything from the inside (so pure speculation) … the most logical reasons for both Jensen and CF to pack is primarily due to significant changes to the schemes (which PR has also suggested). Because of such … and of course from the coaches views … they (GJ & CF) did not have a leg up on their position competition (apparently a leg behind). So for example, if the offense is moving to quick 1st and second reads … then QB run … Sneed is more suited. Running in general will probably become a bigger priority within the new scheme. On defense … if a 3 man front becomes a key option … this too could have significantly reduced CFs role … from the coaches view. Im sure there are many other schemes as well that could have influenced all this.

Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:
Three schools in three years? is that correct?

Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.
Just dumb. Should he have stayed 4 years at the 2 year Juco he was at. Lol

How many schools has the new QB been at in the last 3 years? Duh

That's how it is with every Juco product
No, he should have stayed the 2. Last I checked App St isnt a juco either.
You can bet the the new QB was also responsible for his past as well.

braves84 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
driftwood said:
Three schools in three years? is that correct?

do you feel the same about Sneed and Humphrey's.3 in 3.

Of course. Its not to say they are tereible kids by any means. Its simply not a coaching issue 3 times in 3 years.

AZGrizFan said:
Merkleman said:
griz5700 said:
Uhhhhh?. Pretty sure this defense sucked last year. No one player is safe and if they all quit because Baer doesn’t realize they are special, then good - clear em out. There are plenty of kids out there who would bust their ass and sacrifice to play for Montana and Coach Hauck.

No more coddling. Life isn’t fair. Great football coaches generally are dickheads. My favorite coaches were the ones I hated playing for.

It’s pretty simple, coaches want to win. They will play the guys who buy-into their program and make plays.

Maybe this staff randomly selected guys to test how they and others would react to some tough love? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know is this team looked they wanted to actually play football this spring which is a huge improvement from the prior staff.

Coach Baer sounds like a great coach. The more guys like him, the better.

Re-building a championship program doesn’t come without some bruised egos. Happens...big f’n deal.

Any players who don’t have 100% buy-in or think they were hot shit on an average Griz team that got their coach fired, should go. Now.

Program over feelings.

Hauck and Baer are exactly what this crybaby, participation trophy, 9,000 enrollment school and fan base needs. Man up, ladies.

Go Griz.

Good luck with that one.

Oh come on. The Griz won 8, 6, and 7 games the past three years. The team BH took over in Vegas hadn’t won 21 games in SIX years prior to his arrival. While our performance the past 6-7 years hasn’t been “Griz-worthy”, it has been nowhere NEAR the debacle in the desert known as UNLV. Not even on the same planet.

Griz worthy, losing two years in row the Cats, two years in row missing the playoffs, worthy enough for Stitt to find a new job.

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:

Just dumb. Should he have stayed 4 years at the 2 year Juco he was at. Lol

How many schools has the new QB been at in the last 3 years? Duh

That's how it is with every Juco product
No, he should have stayed the 2. Last I checked App St isnt a juco either.
You can bet the the new QB was also responsible for his past as well.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong. Are you saying he should have stayed at the Juco for 2 years? He graduated with his AA in one year. Should he have stayed for another because???????

kemajic said:
Merkleman said:
kemajic said:
Merkleman said:

Good luck with that one.

And remained such through all 7 of Hauck's years. You act like that was easy and he just cruised. No obstacles. Since you are so doubtful of BH's ability to return this program to a "championship program", who in your mind would be better to put a course correction to this slipping program? Equating Montana's current program stature to that of UNLV 2009 is ridiculous and is yet another exposure of your opinionated spin.

This is almost comical. You literally go against and for your self in the same comment. You cant have it both ways. Which one is it? Is he inheriting a Championship caliber program which is closer to what he walked into his 1st stint or is he walking into a downward slipping program(Your words) closer to UNLV(a rebuild)?

Maybe reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. Let me clarify.

Point one-Nowhere in my prior comment did I say it was easy and he cruised. I said it is EASIER when you have an championship caliber program. Everything is easier. Getting good coaches, recruiting etc. Happens at every level in every sport. The better you are the better the talent you get.

Point two- I didnt say the program was where UNLV was. I said this current team is closER to that then the Championship Caliber team he had his 1st stint.

Point 3- Having a bad finish in one season doesnt mean that it wasnt a Championship caliber program he inherited. Every dynasty has a bad spot ala 49ers, cowboys, steelers, patriots etc.
In Haucks first year, did he make a long playoff run with 22 true freshman starters that he had just brought in or did he do it with the players that were already there and had another year of experience in under their belt? I would bet few if any of his recruits had anything to do with the 1st 2 or 3 years. The cubbard wasnt bare.

Point four- Nowhere did I question Haucks ability to lead this program to a Championship Caliber program. I simply dont know if he is or he isnt. My point was that these are two completely different programs and 2 different situations he inherited. If were talking about rebuilding which you seem to think needs to happen and which he didnt have to do his 1st time around and what he was hired to do at UNLV and couldnt do, I would be skeptical based on his most recent role as a head coach in a rebuilding effort. It is the exact thing he was brought into UNLV to do.

I really dont know how any of this will turn out. I hope for the players and fans it works out but trying to recapture that magic rarely does.
Just like the hot chick you dated in high school that breaks your heart. You spend the next few years wishing it could have worked out. She hits you up 10 or 20 years later and when you meet her you find out she has 5 kids, gained 200lbs, has acne and is missing teeth. You thank god every day after that she did break up with you.

UMAlum said:
Not knowing anything from the inside (so pure speculation) ...

Why speculate when the original poster shared what took place between CF and Baer? And after the direct quotes from the articles that have been written?

This is what drives crazy about the Hauck apologists, you start from the fanatical position that Hauck and his staff are infallible and then twist every thing to fit that narrative.

Calling GJ a quitter or trying to make it sound unusual that CF (a JUCO transfer) had played for three schools in three years is pathetically sad. As if the problems we’re seeing manifested can be explain by personality flaws of the kids.

GJ is a 4.0 student and was literally the face of the program. CF is graduating in three years. Both were quality guys who represented the program exceptionally well on and off the field. Both are leaders in the locker room. Both are talented enough to play at the FBS level.

To smear their character in an effort to distract from the problems with the current staff and the transition between staffs demonstrates the backwards mindset of the Cult of Hauck Apologists.

And yes, there are problems. Multiple high-quality, highly talented players, who have proven themselves on the field and who have two or more years of eligibility are choosing to leave UM, WaGriz, and the Champions Center rather than play for this staff.

the most logical reasons for both Jensen and CF to pack is primarily due to significant changes to the schemes (which PR has also suggested).

As was also suggested, the problem wasn't with the talent, it was with the schemes. Implementing new schemes with less talented players is a monstrously stupid scenario that is only going to hurt this team, so coaches should have been working overtime before the dead period to make sure any personal issues between them and the key players were addressed.

Because of such … and of course from the coaches views … they (GJ & CF) did not have a leg up on their position competition (apparently a leg behind). So for example, if the offense is moving to quick 1st and second reads … then QB run … Sneed is more suited. Running, in general, will probably become a bigger priority within the new scheme.

Offensively, the strength of the offense is the vertical passing game, but the scheme Rosy is installing appears to be predicated on the short, underneath passing game and a QB who can tuck it and run.

The way the 1s and 2s were separated during spring was stacked against GJ, so no neutral fan would argue that he was a leg behind. Especially any one who watched the spring scrimmage.

For starters, there wasn't enough OL depth to form a competitive 2-deep OL so Gresch was at a huge disadvantage at the beginning of the scrimmage. Plus it was a huge insulting mind job to send him out with the 2s to begin with.

When he was finally able to run with the 1’s he was clearly better, especially when it came to the deep ball - WHICH IS HUGE CONSIDERING THE VERTICAL PASSING GAME IS ARGUABLY THE BIGGEST STRENGTH OF THE TEAM.

At least it was.

On defense … if a 3 man front becomes a key option … this too could have significantly reduced CFs role … from the coaches view. Im sure there are many other schemes as well that could have influenced all this.

This is again why I question Baer’s approach. If UM had a ton of depth that ensured the talent and experience level on the field was as high with his new schemes as it was with the old, then it MIGHT be justifiable to intentionally reduce CFs role or ask him to move.

None of those qualifiers are met though with the current roster. To implement new schemes that fail to maximize the strength of the current roster and maximize their opportunities to contribute makes zero sense.

Keep in mind, the entire change in approach on defense is predicated on Baer having better schemes. I don't necessarily think the problems last year we bad schemes as much as they were the timing of certain play calls -- blitzing a QB who can't throw on 3rd and 30.

Ironically the Griz would have been better off relying on sound gap responsibility that kept that QB in the pocket so pass rushers like CF could collapse the pocket and make the play... Now we apparently will have neither.

That makes about as much sense as relying on the defensive schemes of a DC who couldn't figure out how to utilize a roster full of FBS talent (UNLV) to stop an FCS team (Howard) that finished 7-4, 2nd place in the MEAC, and was never ranked the entire season.

Literally the biggest upset in college football history -- http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20555460/howard-stuns-unlv-biggest-point-spread-upset-college-football-history

That's Montana's newest DC.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/09/unlv-football-fires-defensive-coordinator-special/

And that's who the Hauck Apologists are blindly defending while questioning the character and motivation of players like Jensen and Favoroso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:
PlayerRep said:
Interesting comment from a total wimp, who never played the game and doesn't understand it. Heard you grew up in Helena, as an odd duck, according to your classmates. Only went to UM for grad school. Apparently was never the same after his British wife divorced you. Haven't live in MT since grad school. A researcher/prof, who has lived in god forsaken places like Pocatello, and now in the East, and obviously you don't have much of a life.

I was nice enough to invite you to our box over a decade ago. I talked to you and was nice. Then, saw how you dissed me after that. I can tell what kind of guy you are. Are total loser. Always were; always will be.

You obviously don't understand that manning up has nothing to do with weight, or build. It comes from the head and heart. The laugh is on you. Game on, loser.

wow, and you claim to not be an internet stalker....

Never stalked anyone, but happen to know a bunch of his high school classmates. And, I have a good memory. It looks like argh has been after Kem a bit too much lately. If I were Kem, I would be answering.

As for you, also a bit of a loser, from what I have observed.
Funny that argh(bqm) is calling anyone a stalker. About his only posts are those going after either me or PR, because we don't leave his illogical and often self-contradictory BS unchallenged. And he loves to make up stuff that was never said. He also likes to insult, hiding behind his keyboard(bqm), using age and weight as weapons, when in fact, he would have no chance with either PR or myself in person. He is no kid himself and was never as tough as his keyboard. I cannot think of a single proactive contribution he has made to this forum. Many years ago, he was at least funny, but life has turned him into a real sourpuss.

i call you old because you act like a caricature of a grumpy old man who is always 'right', and who seems the solution to the present is the past. for the rest of it, this board is 95% socializing and 5% football, give or take a few percentage points. take you, for instance. it appears at least half your posts have no purpose other than to bash stitt, and make up claims about what others thought about him. and if there were any posters who did not much more than insult, that would be you and greenie. as for being a tough guy, i've never actually been in a real fight my entire life. and don't plan on it. but i do work out several hours a day, so probably could last a few minutes if i had to. don't do much core work though, and i think that is important to that sort of thing. and finally, greenie is a stalker. he knows all sorts of personal stuff about all sorts of posters, none of whom invited him to snoop around in their lives. in some respects i still kinda like him, though, because he's definitely an 'original' person. as for me, i don't know anything about anyone, unless they wrote it here, and it was memorable enough to... remember. to me you are a cartoon character on a message board.

and i agree, i used to be a lot funnier. that was before the internet became more widely used, and the boards were more dominated by original thinkers, many who were very creative and much funnier than me.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
UMAlum said:
Not knowing anything from the inside (so pure speculation) ...

Why speculate when the original poster shared what took place between CF and Baer? And after the direct quotes from the articles that have been written?

This is what drives crazy about the Hauck apologists, you start from the fanatical position that Hauck and his staff are infallible and then twist every thing to fit that narrative.

Calling GJ a quitter or trying to make it sound unusual that CF (a JUCO transfer) had played for three schools in three years is pathetically sad. As if the problems we’re seeing manifested can be explain by personality flaws of the kids.

GJ is a 4.0 student and was literally the face of the program. CF is graduating in three years. Both were quality guys who represented the program exceptionally well on and off the field. Both are leaders in the locker room. Both are talented enough to play at the FBS level.

To smear their character in an effort to distract from the problems with the current staff and the transition between staffs demonstrates the backwards mindset of the Cult of Hauck Apologists.

And yes, there are problems. Multiple high-quality, highly talented players, who have proven themselves on the field and who have two or more years of eligibility are choosing to leave UM, WaGriz, and the Champions Center rather than play for this staff.

the most logical reasons for both Jensen and CF to pack is primarily due to significant changes to the schemes (which PR has also suggested).

As was also suggested, the problem wasn't with the talent, it was with the schemes. Implementing new schemes with less talented players is a monstrously stupid scenario that is only going to hurt this team, so coaches should have been working overtime before the dead period to make sure any personal issues between them and the key players were addressed.

Because of such … and of course from the coaches views … they (GJ & CF) did not have a leg up on their position competition (apparently a leg behind). So for example, if the offense is moving to quick 1st and second reads … then QB run … Sneed is more suited. Running, in general, will probably become a bigger priority within the new scheme.

Offensively, the strength of the offense is the vertical passing game, but the scheme Rosy is installing appears to be predicated on the short, underneath passing game and a QB who can tuck it and run.

The way the 1s and 2s were separated during spring was stacked against GJ, so no neutral fan would argue that he was a leg behind. Especially any one who watched the spring scrimmage.

For starters, there wasn't enough OL depth to form a competitive 2-deep OL so Gresch was at a huge disadvantage at the beginning of the scrimmage. Plus it was a huge insulting mind job to send him out with the 2s to begin with.

When he was finally able to run with the 1’s he was clearly better, especially when it came to the deep ball - WHICH IS HUGE CONSIDERING THE VERTICAL PASSING GAME IS ARGUABLY THE BIGGEST STRENGTH OF THE TEAM.

At least it was.

On defense … if a 3 man front becomes a key option … this too could have significantly reduced CFs role … from the coaches view. Im sure there are many other schemes as well that could have influenced all this.

This is again why I question Baer’s approach. If UM had a ton of depth that ensured the talent and experience level on the field was as high with his new schemes as it was with the old, then it MIGHT be justifiable to intentionally reduce CFs role or ask him to move.

None of those qualifiers are met though with the current roster. To implement new schemes that fail to maximize the strength of the current roster and maximize their opportunities to contribute makes zero sense.

Keep in mind, the entire change in approach on defense is predicated on Baer having better schemes. I don't necessarily think the problems last year we bad schemes as much as they were the timing of certain play calls -- blitzing a QB who can't throw on 3rd and 30.

Ironically the Griz would have been better off relying on sound gap responsibility that kept that QB in the pocket so pass rushers like CF could collapse the pocket and make the play... Now we apparently will have neither.

That makes about as much sense as relying on the defensive schemes of a DC who couldn't figure out how to utilize a roster full of FBS talent (UNLV) to stop an FCS team (Howard) that finished 7-4, 2nd place in the MEAC, and was never ranked the entire season.

Literally the biggest upset in college football history -- http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20555460/howard-stuns-unlv-biggest-point-spread-upset-college-football-history

That's Montana's newest DC.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/09/unlv-football-fires-defensive-coordinator-special/

And that's who the Hauck Apologists are blindly defending while questioning the character and motivation of players like Jensen and Favoroso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good post.

Latest posts

Back