• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Favoroso Leaving

argh! said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
UMAlum said:
Not knowing anything from the inside (so pure speculation) ...

Why speculate when the original poster shared what took place between CF and Baer? And after the direct quotes from the articles that have been written?

This is what drives crazy about the Hauck apologists, you start from the fanatical position that Hauck and his staff are infallible and then twist every thing to fit that narrative.

Calling GJ a quitter or trying to make it sound unusual that CF (a JUCO transfer) had played for three schools in three years is pathetically sad. As if the problems we’re seeing manifested can be explain by personality flaws of the kids.

GJ is a 4.0 student and was literally the face of the program. CF is graduating in three years. Both were quality guys who represented the program exceptionally well on and off the field. Both are leaders in the locker room. Both are talented enough to play at the FBS level.

To smear their character in an effort to distract from the problems with the current staff and the transition between staffs demonstrates the backwards mindset of the Cult of Hauck Apologists.

And yes, there are problems. Multiple high-quality, highly talented players, who have proven themselves on the field and who have two or more years of eligibility are choosing to leave UM, WaGriz, and the Champions Center rather than play for this staff.

the most logical reasons for both Jensen and CF to pack is primarily due to significant changes to the schemes (which PR has also suggested).

As was also suggested, the problem wasn't with the talent, it was with the schemes. Implementing new schemes with less talented players is a monstrously stupid scenario that is only going to hurt this team, so coaches should have been working overtime before the dead period to make sure any personal issues between them and the key players were addressed.

Because of such … and of course from the coaches views … they (GJ & CF) did not have a leg up on their position competition (apparently a leg behind). So for example, if the offense is moving to quick 1st and second reads … then QB run … Sneed is more suited. Running, in general, will probably become a bigger priority within the new scheme.

Offensively, the strength of the offense is the vertical passing game, but the scheme Rosy is installing appears to be predicated on the short, underneath passing game and a QB who can tuck it and run.

The way the 1s and 2s were separated during spring was stacked against GJ, so no neutral fan would argue that he was a leg behind. Especially any one who watched the spring scrimmage.

For starters, there wasn't enough OL depth to form a competitive 2-deep OL so Gresch was at a huge disadvantage at the beginning of the scrimmage. Plus it was a huge insulting mind job to send him out with the 2s to begin with.

When he was finally able to run with the 1’s he was clearly better, especially when it came to the deep ball - WHICH IS HUGE CONSIDERING THE VERTICAL PASSING GAME IS ARGUABLY THE BIGGEST STRENGTH OF THE TEAM.

At least it was.

On defense … if a 3 man front becomes a key option … this too could have significantly reduced CFs role … from the coaches view. Im sure there are many other schemes as well that could have influenced all this.

This is again why I question Baer’s approach. If UM had a ton of depth that ensured the talent and experience level on the field was as high with his new schemes as it was with the old, then it MIGHT be justifiable to intentionally reduce CFs role or ask him to move.

None of those qualifiers are met though with the current roster. To implement new schemes that fail to maximize the strength of the current roster and maximize their opportunities to contribute makes zero sense.

Keep in mind, the entire change in approach on defense is predicated on Baer having better schemes. I don't necessarily think the problems last year we bad schemes as much as they were the timing of certain play calls -- blitzing a QB who can't throw on 3rd and 30.

Ironically the Griz would have been better off relying on sound gap responsibility that kept that QB in the pocket so pass rushers like CF could collapse the pocket and make the play... Now we apparently will have neither.

That makes about as much sense as relying on the defensive schemes of a DC who couldn't figure out how to utilize a roster full of FBS talent (UNLV) to stop an FCS team (Howard) that finished 7-4, 2nd place in the MEAC, and was never ranked the entire season.

Literally the biggest upset in college football history -- http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20555460/howard-stuns-unlv-biggest-point-spread-upset-college-football-history

That's Montana's newest DC.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/09/unlv-football-fires-defensive-coordinator-special/

And that's who the Hauck Apologists are blindly defending while questioning the character and motivation of players like Jensen and Favoroso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good post.

Agreed. If the roster was full of talent like GJ, CF types it could handle a loss or two due to new coaching approaches, but this team was already very thin in some areas and these greatly impact the 2018 team..... I am sure I am not alone in wanting a good 2018 team not one hamstrung by losses of players who would have helped bridge the gap to an "all Bobby" squad. All the transfers that people claimed were going to be signed after the February date addressing what everyone knew were two top areas of immediate need (CB and OL) are seemingly missing ..and now have had to go to 2 JC QB's losing a very talented QB, and now lost a top tier dlinemen. Choke must be really enjoying his summer now

spsyk said:
AZGrizFan said:
Merkleman said:
griz5700 said:
Uhhhhh?. Pretty sure this defense sucked last year. No one player is safe and if they all quit because Baer doesn’t realize they are special, then good - clear em out. There are plenty of kids out there who would bust their ass and sacrifice to play for Montana and Coach Hauck.

No more coddling. Life isn’t fair. Great football coaches generally are dickheads. My favorite coaches were the ones I hated playing for.

It’s pretty simple, coaches want to win. They will play the guys who buy-into their program and make plays.

Maybe this staff randomly selected guys to test how they and others would react to some tough love? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know is this team looked they wanted to actually play football this spring which is a huge improvement from the prior staff.

Coach Baer sounds like a great coach. The more guys like him, the better.

Re-building a championship program doesn’t come without some bruised egos. Happens...big f’n deal.

Any players who don’t have 100% buy-in or think they were hot shit on an average Griz team that got their coach fired, should go. Now.

Program over feelings.

Hauck and Baer are exactly what this crybaby, participation trophy, 9,000 enrollment school and fan base needs. Man up, ladies.

Go Griz.

Not sure what universe you played on but great coaches are coaches that players would run through a brick wall for.

As far a Baer being a great coach....His career has been on a downward spiral for years. Last year UNLV was 45 point favorites against Howard and lost something like 47- 43. One of the biggest upsets in college football history.
Good luck with that one.

As far as Hauck. I wasn't anti Hauck and was quite intrigued by what might be but there is a big difference between now and his 1st stint. It's not hard to take over a championship team and keep a down hill locomotive moving forward. Everything is easier, support, recruiting top players, coaches etc.

We're all about to find out what kind of coach he really is now that he has to actually build a team.

This time around he is taking over team and program that is closer to the UNLV team he took over than the championship caliber team he took over years ago. How did that work out for him?

Oh come on. The Griz won 8, 6, and 7 games the past three years. The team BH took over in Vegas hadn’t won 21 games in SIX years prior to his arrival. While our performance the past 6-7 years hasn’t been “Griz-worthy”, it has been nowhere NEAR the debacle in the desert known as UNLV. Not even on the same planet.

Griz worthy, losing two years in row the Cats, two years in row missing the playoffs, worthy enough for Stitt to find a new job.

Bobby Hauck took over a cadillac and had the exact same record against the ‘scats his first three years as Stitt. :roll:

Dutch Lane said:
MCGF, you and HOG must not have played for old school hard asses Mcleroy or Peeps
Played for Donnie and Doug... I was a sophomore in college before I remembered my first name wasn’t ”goddamit”.

That’s great. Lol. I grew up nexstore to them. You know Donnie and Doug played for Putter at Carrol, the quentisential old school hard ass and their old man was one of his assistants when he was at central. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Bobby Hauck took over a cadillac and had the exact same record against the ‘scats his first three years as Stitt. :roll:
BH had to deal with Travis Lulay; Stitt didn't. Explains that.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good Lord. I’ve NEVER seen someone make excuses like you do. You’re like the world fucking champion at excusing away the performance of Hauck-coached teams. :lol:

Hauck also didn’t have to deal with a team that had a DC who had been on HIS staff the year before. :lol: :roll: See how easy that is?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good Lord. I’ve NEVER seen someone make excuses like you do. You’re like the world f***[*] champion at excusing away the performance of Hauck-coached teams. :lol:

Hauck also didn’t have to deal with a team that had a DC who had been on HIS staff the year before. :lol: :roll: See how easy that is?
Amazingly deflective. Lulay remains one of the BSC's best all time QBs. Had it not been for Stitt's ego maybe the Gregorak would have stayed at UM. Instead of Semore; wasn't that a great choice? He sure as hell stuck it in Stitt's ass two years in a row. See how easy that is?

Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Its very relevant. 3 schools in 3 years doesnt put the entire blame on coaching. Given how extremely uncommon that is, the athlete is without a doubt responsible for a fair portion of this. 3 times is a habit.
Just dumb. Should he have stayed 4 years at the 2 year Juco he was at. Lol

How many schools has the new QB been at in the last 3 years? Duh

That's how it is with every Juco product
No, he should have stayed the 2. Last I checked App St isnt a juco either.
You can bet the the new QB was also responsible for his past as well.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong. Are you saying he should have stayed at the Juco for 2 years? He graduated with his AA in one year. Should he have stayed for another because???????

Never said anything about that at all. Curious why you are talking about his AA in one year at a juco before mentioning his time at App St. though?
I will try to word this better. The fact of it as a juco or his AA on a year is irrelevant when you dont jump over the top of the first school attended. My point is simply this, when you attend 3 schools in 3 years it would be foolish to think that the one and only reason you did so was because it was 100% the coaches fault/choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good Lord. I’ve NEVER seen someone make excuses like you do. You’re like the world f***[*] champion at excusing away the performance of Hauck-coached teams. :lol:

Amazingly deflective. Lulay remains one of the BSC's best all time QBs. Had it not been for Stitt's ego maybe the Gregorak would have stayed at UM. Instead of Semore; wasn't that a great choice? He sure as hell stuck it in Stitt's ass two years in a row. See how easy that is?

Yes, it’s easy to make excuses. You’re the master at it where Hauck is concerned.

Lulay (the all-world QB) went 6-6, 7-6, 6-5, 7-4 in his four years. So are you telling me that Hauck can’t coach up a team to beat ONE good player on an otherwise mediocre team? Gee, where have I heard that before....hmm....let me think.... :roll: Because if that’s the case you might as well throw in the towel....because we’ve seen that play before.

Dutch Lane said:
That’s great. Lol. I grew up nexstore to them. You know Donnie and Doug played for Putter at Carrol, the quentisential old school hard ass and their old man was one of his assistants when he was at central. :thumb:
Oh yes... Putter was quite the character! We went to the Carroll football camp every summer and he loved the Central lineman because Doug taught us the same fundamentals that he'd learned at Carroll. Next time you see a Shrine Football game program, look how many Central linemen made those teams... He was tough, but he was a good coach.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Yes, it’s easy to make excuses. You’re the master at it where Hauck is concerned.

Lulay (the all-world QB) went 6-6, 7-6, 6-5, 7-4 in his four years. So are you telling me that Hauck can’t coach up a team to beat ONE good player on an otherwise mediocre team? Gee, where have I heard that before....hmm....let me think.... :roll: Because if that’s the case you might as well throw in the towel....because we’ve seen that play before.
Hauck was 5-2 vs. MSU with some real beat-downs. Lulay had an impressive professional career. What else did you say? ...... Yeah, nothing. In the last two years, MSU going into the UM game was 3-7 and 4-6 and beat our last coach. I'll go with Hauck every time as will 99% of real Griz fans.

This thread has fallen below the stupid line. And a quick FYI, with or without Favoroso, GJ, and the other transfers, this team was not a playoff team. So they win 5 games instead of 7 in 2018. This program is a work in progress that quite possibly won't be a big player until maybe year 3.

HelenaHandBasket said:
This thread has fallen below the stupid line. And a quick FYI, with or without Favoroso, GJ, and the other transfers, this team was not a playoff team. So they win 5 games instead of 7 in 2018. This program is a work in progress that quite possibly won't be a big player until maybe year 3.

For sure. I think we will really know more after year five, and probably won't know exactly where we stand until after year seven. Just have to be patient and trust the process.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

For sure. I think we will really know more after year five, and probably won't know exactly where we stand until after year seven. Just have to be patient and trust the process.

#TrustTheProcess

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Exactly. Some might suggest that 4-7 in 2018, a full three games worse than last season, is a disappointment.

With Bobby Freaking ST Hauck?! (<- few know those are actually his real middle names)

It’s clearly a step in the right direction.

I’m telling you, the 2024 Montana Grizzlies are gonna be something else.

Dutch Lane said:
It’s pointless to to wildly speculate on who caused Jenson or Favorosa to leave without conducting some kind of fact fnding inquiry with sunpeona power. Lol. Best we can do is continue to live and die by the rumors posted here which is what I guess makes this place. Would like to hear more from imeangrizness if he is what he says he is. Though I doubt very much he would comment directly on his ex teamates or his current coaches, but who knows maybe we just need to ask him. I think that is the most important thing to keep in mind what is the group think of the team. So hey imeangrizness what is going on can you give some insight from a players perspective? Thank you for your consideration.

Jenson quit our team and Favoroso was forced to leave. There is your players perspective

uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Exactly. Some might suggest that 4-7 in 2018, a full three games worse than last season, is a disappointment.

With Bobby Freaking ST Hauck?! (<- few know those are actually his real middle names)

It’s clearly a step in the right direction.

I’m telling you, the 2024 Montana Grizzlies are gonna be something else.

hayzeuss christos, are you daft(bqm) with the current participation-trophy generation, it is going to take until at least 2027 for hauck to get rid of the fluff and put a team together that consists only of his guys. you know, smash mouth, never complain grinders who get it, don't need to be babied, and will run through a brick wall for a tough coach who doesn't give a shit about them as human beings. 2024. f'in stitt lover.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

yes, you confirm your mindless sycophancy for hauck and lack of ability to think logically with incredible ease.

Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Merkleman said:
Just dumb. Should he have stayed 4 years at the 2 year Juco he was at. Lol

How many schools has the new QB been at in the last 3 years? Duh

That's how it is with every Juco product
No, he should have stayed the 2. Last I checked App St isnt a juco either.
You can bet the the new QB was also responsible for his past as well.

Maybe I am reading your post wrong. Are you saying he should have stayed at the Juco for 2 years? He graduated with his AA in one year. Should he have stayed for another because???????

Never said anything about that at all. Curious why you are talking about his AA in one year at a juco before mentioning his time at App St. though?
I will try to word this better. The fact of it as a juco or his AA on a year is irrelevant when you dont jump over the top of the first school attended. My point is simply this, when you attend 3 schools in 3 years it would be foolish to think that the one and only reason you did so was because it was 100% the coaches fault/choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not even sure why I keep responding you. What you are arguing is stupid and irrelevant.

Virtually every single JUCO bounce on every team in the country would have played for 3 teams in 3 years.

But if it makes you feel better he loved the coaches at app state and they loved him. The same for Arizona Western and last years staff.

Back