• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAME THREAD: #9 Kittens at #19 Southern cats Friday 8PM

Geddes said:
Weebs hits fuc*kin' hard. I don't like to admit this much, but I have watched the cats play once or twice, and rarely do teams stick Ifanse like they have been.

They're getting up for Rammer

Geddes said:
Weebs hits fuc*kin' hard. I don't like to admit this much, but I have watched the cats play once or twice, and rarely do teams stick Ifanse like they have been.

Much like Rammer after am 18-pack, they’re pounding it

Also, I know these are "vintage" helmets for Weebs, but I don't understand the W with an arrow. Seriously, can someone explain it?

Coach Sixx looks like the kind of guy who could lock himself inside his own vehicle and not know how to get out.

Geddes said:
Also, I know these are "vintage" helmets for Weebs, but I don't understand the W with an arrow. Seriously, can someone explain it?

The old flying W helmet design from 1987. First Weber team to win 10 games. That is all I could find on their site

Mellott reminds me of a bigger faster Snead. Kid has had two nice runs the last two games. Does anyone know the story of the Griz recruiting him or what? Thanks

Geddes said:

Been curious myself. I think it it tells them which way to go. So first quarter first drive was ok2nd quarter hapless. Maybe 4th quarter they will know where to go again.

Jesse said:
Mellott reminds me of a bigger faster Snead. Kid has had two nice runs the last two games. Does anyone know the story of the Griz recruiting him or what? Thanks

Jesse. Jesse. He’s from butte. Oh Jesse.

Jesse said:
[/quot

Don’t know about that. Rumor has it he is frustrated for not getting more playing time at MSU. They use him about 4 plays a game max. Kid hasn’t thrown a pass all season. Will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Grizbeer said:
Geddes said:

Been curious myself. I think it it tells them which way to go. So first quarter first drive was ok2nd quarter hapless. Maybe 4th quarter they will know where to go again.

Occam's Razor! These unis put a shit load of pressure on the coin toss...

Weber defensive front shutting down Ifanse and the ground game. They cats offense looks pretty bad when they can’t get that going.

Weber’s first drove was 97 yards for a TD and made the Cats D look awful in doing so.

Since then cats D has tightened up and played better but weber also got away from the quick perimeter strikes that were open and successful early.

Now it’s a field position battle and a defensive slug fest. I’m not seeing a lot from the Cats that gives me any worries for our match up. They are solid but not amazing by any means.

Ursa Major said:
Coach Sixx looks like the kind of guy who could lock himself inside his own vehicle and not know how to get out.

:lol: :lol:
I was thinking he looked like a guy who tries to return fireworks, but I like yours much more.

HookedonGriz said:
Weber defensive front shutting down Ifanse and the ground game. They cats offense looks pretty bad when they can’t get that going.

Weber’s first drove was 97 yards for a TD and made the Cats D look awful in doing so.

Since then cats D has tightened up and played better but weber also got away from the quick perimeter strikes that were open and successful early.

Now it’s a field position battle and a defensive slug fest. I’m not seeing a lot from the Cats that gives me any worries for our match up. They are solid but not amazing by any means.

I will give them credit for one thing. Much more balanced than Choate’s teams. At least they try and air it out and I say a shovel pass mixed in as well. Weber’s D is playing tough. I worry about Ifanse. Griz defensive scheme continues to make me nervous about the run. Griz linebackers are superior to Weber’s though.

Copper Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I will give them credit for one thing. Much more balanced than Choate’s teams. At least they try and air it out and I say a shovel pass mixed in as well. Weber’s D is playing tough. I worry about Ifanse. Griz defensive scheme continues to make me nervous about the run. Griz linebackers are superior to Weber’s though.

I'm more concerned with our offense having 42 three and outs per quarter.

Latest posts

Back