• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.
argh! said:
interesting how you took his comment on hauck and his egriz sycophants and turned it into a diatribe about stitt. newsflash, the poster you are quoting didn't write anything about stitt. i see that what you wrote did, however, bring out the other participants in the 'circle of excellence' that makes up the bobby hauck fan club members. cheap applause?

He actually did...

MiningCityGrizFan said:
​The LOL for me was when I read Hauck’s quote that it was going to take another three to seven years to get the program back to where it was and then coming over here to find absolutely nothing about it mentioned.

The same zero class COH people who ran Stitt out of town for needing more time to continue the rebuilding process he started in his second season didn't have a single thread to discuss that gem of a Hauck quote.

LOL, indeed.

argh! said:
go96griz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
It's interesting to see how the people who bought into the lie that Gresch was afraid or unwilling to compete, a lie that was pushed on this board and by the hacks in the local media (mostly Colter on ESPN radio), now interpret everything they read through that negative lens. It's literally fake news, but the cult of Hauck crowd will never be convinced otherwise. You dopes literally believed a rumor that he was transferring to Bozeman?! Pathetic.

Wish the kid luck and move on with your lives.

You should literally ask a few players what they thought of Stitt. You won't hear too many good things about him. You will hear plenty about him getting rid of traditions, not making an effort to know or acknowledge any player's parents, players believing the offense was easy to defend, prioritizing the receivers to the point where there were only 5.5 scholarships dedicated to the o-line, practices were fairly soft, etc. Ask a few of the former players if they'd rather play for Stitt or Hauck. I promise you your eyes will be opened.

As a fan, I'm not going to question Stitt's X's and O's but I will tell you he was completely uncomfortable being in the spotlight and he didn't endear himself to the fanbase at all. Bob would rather disappear into the corner of the room at functions while concocting plays on the back of a napkin instead of working the crowd. I was a fan of Bob early and a believer, but after hearing too many things I am now a former-believer. By all accounts, he failed to improve the program and left the old caddy with considerably more damage. I will always credit Stitt for one of our most amazing victories over NDSU on a huge scene, but it was all pretty much downhill from there. Good luck to Bob, but I am glad he is gone. Maybe it's time for you to move on over this as well. There is once again hope for our beloved program.

interesting how you took his comment on hauck and his egriz sycophants and turned it into a diatribe about stitt. newsflash, the poster you are quoting didn't write anything about stitt. i see that what you wrote did, however, bring out the other participants in the 'circle of excellence' that makes up the bobby hauck fan club members. cheap applause?

I made the natural comparison between Stitt and Hauck because of MiningCity's commentary about Hauck's crowd. After he opened the door, I shared information about Stitt just in case anybody was still questioning the cult of Stitt's crowd.

To be clear, I didn't think Stitt should have been dismissed at the time. I also wasn't initially excited about Hauck as the hire due to his immaturity and stubborness during his previous stint. That said, it is crystal clear now who the right coach is for this program. The second coming of Bobby has clearly had a dose of maturity, has brought back necessary toughness, and passion and pride for the program. I won't say all is perfect, but we are sitting in a much better position today.

I was also very disappointed when Jensen transferred. He was the most impressive frosh quarterback I have personally witnessed. In hindsight, I couldn't be happier with Dalton as the team's leader and as a player. I also believe Dalton is ready to unleash a season for the record books assuming he remains healthy. I wish Gresch would have stayed with the program and taken over the reins in 2020. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I do find it comical that four days before our first game of the season the top thread on eGriz is about a guy who hasn't been here in 16 months.

What should we be talking about? No one has seen the team play, nor know how USD will play. Brint has his scouting report out. There have been various reports from practice from observers and the media.

Note that people still talk about Dave Dickenson, and he hasn't played here for almost 25 years.

I didn't say you shouldn't be talking about it. I just find it comical. Sue me.

What address for service of the lawsuit?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I do find it comical that four days before our first game of the season the top thread on eGriz is about a guy who hasn't been here in 16 months.

What should we be talking about? No one has seen the team play, nor know how USD will play. Brint has his scouting report out. There have been various reports from practice from observers and the media.

Note that people still talk about Dave Dickenson, and he hasn't played here for almost 25 years.

32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812

I've asked JD Quinn to serve you in Texas. His almost wife is a young hotshot lawyer.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812

I've asked JD Quinn to serve you in Texas. His almost wife is a young hotshot lawyer.

JD Quinn shows up at my house and I’m buying that mofo a beer or 10!

I just got here. Thank goodness for a Gresch Jensen thread. I can now guess our team wins and losses.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
It's interesting to see how the people who bought into the lie that Gresch was afraid or unwilling to compete, a lie that was pushed on this board and by the hacks in the local media (mostly Colter on ESPN radio), now interpret everything they read through that negative lens. It's literally fake news, but the cult of Hauck crowd will never be convinced otherwise.

LOL

​The LOL for me was when I read Hauck’s quote that it was going to take another three to seven years to get the program back to where it was and then coming over here to find absolutely nothing about it mentioned.

The same zero class COH people who ran Stitt out of town for needing more time to continue the rebuilding process he started in his second season didn't have a single thread to discuss that gem of a Hauck quote.

LOL, indeed.

After missing the playoffs 2 years in a row and losing to the Cats 2 years in a row, how long do you think it should take a new coach, Hauck or another, to get UM back to dominating the Big Sky and going to the national championship game 3 out of 7 years?

1 year? 2 years? Note that Hauck said he thought it looked like this group of players may be accelerating the time period.

I find it funny that some of you and Stitt thought that UM needed to rebuild after the two prior seasons which the UM finished no. 12 and 8 in the nation. Some kind of rebuilding Stitt did. Took us out of the top 25 towards about 30.

Mining, you are the one pushing an agenda and fake news.

Are we really going to do this again?

Yes. They lost a number of close games in Stitt’s second and third year. With a roster full of freshman and sophomores. Against a number of very good teams like Weber with many seniors who went to the NFL in subsequent years.

We saw what Stitt was able to do in year one with a more experienced team. The roster turnover in year two was significant (by design) which resulted in a very talented but a far less experienced team. Plus he was down a few scholarships.

I still would have loved to see that Griz team two years later as juniors and seniors.

Blah, blah, blah, you don't care...

Again, the point is that the insulting lie that is used to continue to smear Gresch on this board bothers me because I used to believe Griz fans were better than that. If we were then this thread, based on an easily disproven rumor, would have died after one day. Instead it's gone on for more than a week trashing a kid who represented Montana Football and the university incredibly well in the brief time he was here.

And the fact that the Hauck worshipers didn't blink when he said he’d need up to seven year to rebuild demonstrates to me that it was never about Stitt’s wins and losses or where he was in his rebuilding process. It was about politics, big money boosters, and sadly, bad fans who are willing to attack former coaches players.

That's why I rarely come to this board. And contribute even less.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

LOL, indeed.

After missing the playoffs 2 years in a row and losing to the Cats 2 years in a row, how long do you think it should take a new coach, Hauck or another, to get UM back to dominating the Big Sky and going to the national championship game 3 out of 7 years?

1 year? 2 years? Note that Hauck said he thought it looked like this group of players may be accelerating the time period.

I find it funny that some of you and Stitt thought that UM needed to rebuild after the two prior seasons which the UM finished no. 12 and 8 in the nation. Some kind of rebuilding Stitt did. Took us out of the top 25 towards about 30.

Yes. They lost a number of close games in Stitt’s second and third year. With a roster full of freshman and sophomores. Against a number of very good teams like Weber with many seniors who went to the NFL in subsequent years.

We saw what Stitt was able to do in year one with a more experienced team. The roster turnover in year two was significant (by design) which resulted in a very talented but a far less experienced team. Plus he was down a few scholarships.

I still would have loved to see that Griz team two years later as juniors and seniors.

Again, the point is that the insulting lie that is used to continue to smear Gresch on this board bothers me because I used to believe Griz fans were better than that. If we were then this thread, based on an easily disproven rumor, would have died after one day. Instead it's gone on for more than a week trashing a kid who represented Montana Football and the university incredibly well in the brief time he was here.

And the fact that the Hauck worshipers didn't blink when he said he’d need up to seven year to rebuild demonstrates to me that it was never about Stitt’s wins and losses or where he was in his rebuilding process. It was about politics, big money boosters, and sadly, bad fans who are willing to attack former coaches players.

I get it, you have bought into the cult of Stitt's crowd. That's works for you but it doesn't if you're a Bobby supporter. Makes sense, you get to have your cake and eat it to. Anybody else can as well as long as they agree with you.

I asked the question above - have you ever talked to any former players about Stitt as the coach?

go96griz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

LOL, indeed.

I get it, you have bought into the cult of Stitt's crowd. That's works for you but it doesn't if you're a Bobby supporter. Makes sense, you get to have your cake and eat it to. Anybody else can as well as long as they agree with you.

I asked the question above - have you ever talked to any former players about Stitt as the coach?

lol.....
So Stitt supporters were a "cult", but Bobby's supporters are just supporters...

You seriously can't make this shit up.

AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

lol.....
So Stitt supporters were a "cult", but Bobby's supporters are just supporters...

It was already used so I just called it Bobby's supporters rather than cult. It's as simple as that. Read the thread, it's in there already. You can't make that up unless you are trying. Are you?

Uh, I'm pretty sure we already have a term for blind Hauck supporters.
Don't get me wrong, I am one, but let's call things by name.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Promise? Hauck's first seven year run through the BSC is not irrelevant. We get it; you bought into Stitt. Then join a Texas St. forum so you can keep track of their 2nd string QB and OC as they turn that dreadful program around like you claim they would have Montana.

MiningCityGrizFan said:

Thank you...and this coming from a guy that thought Stitt would get another year until he sheet the bed against the Cats and is not a huge Bobby fan, but totally gets the minimum 3 year timetable to get the program better based on the shallow roster left to him.

AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

lol.....

Can I not be a super-fan of both Bob & Bobby or will this result in being band?

Asking for a friend

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

lol.....

Can I not be a supper-fan of both Bob & Bobby or will this result in being band?

Asking for a friend

You mean, like, being a rational human being? You mean, like, understanding that being a fan of the Griz is more than a coach or player? That supporting the program as a whole is more important and valuable than putting all your eggs into the, "who's the coach" basket? I know it seems like a courageous stance, but I for one think you absolutely can love the program and not be in love with the coach. Griz football (hell, the University of Montana or any other institution) is more than just one person.

MTGRZ said:
Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:

lol.....

Can I not be a supper-fan of both Bob & Bobby or will this result in being band?

Asking for a friend

You mean, like, being a rational human being? You mean, like, understanding that being a fan of the Griz is more than a coach or player? That supporting the program as a whole is more important and valuable than putting all your eggs into the, "who's the coach" basket? I know it seems like a courageous stance, but I for one think you absolutely can love the program and not be in love with the coach. Griz football (hell, the University of Montana or any other institution) is more than just one person.

My friend so agrees with this. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back