• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How are season ticket sales going?

CDAGRIZ said:
Season ticket holders, if I buy 4 on the west sideline, but can probably only make 2-3 games, how are my chances of selling them for the games I can’t attend? Is there a policy against it? I bought seats at the Rose Bowl for UCLA games for years from a season ticket holder in a similar situation, and nobody seemed to care. But I’d rather they be filled than to buy them and have them sit empty for several games. Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

I've done this for several years now. Getting the tickets sold can be challenging for the less interesting games...

CDAGRIZ said:
Season ticket holders, if I buy 4 on the west sideline, but can probably only make 2-3 games, how are my chances of selling them for the games I can’t attend? Is there a policy against it? I bought seats at the Rose Bowl for UCLA games for years from a season ticket holder in a similar situation, and nobody seemed to care. But I’d rather they be filled than to buy them and have them sit empty for several games. Any advice is appreciated. Thx!

CDA, we've had season tickets for years. Obviously we can't make every home game. You can usually sell them, and certainly no restrictions against that. I never sell for more than face value, so I'm not certain if Montana has any regulations against scalping. Selling while you're not in Missoula can be a little more difficult, although the new etickets will help a lot with that.

That said, I usually just give my tickets away. If I don't know someone who is able to go, I end up donating them to Griz Kids (https://www.grizkidz.com/?id=) or Missoula Big Brothers Big Sisters.

Thanks, Bjorn and EG. Great info. I’d never sell them for more than face, and the donation option is solid. Now it’s time for persuasive reasoning with the Warden. I’m fairly certain one of her waxing appointments is roughly equivalent to one season ticket, so I’m starting there. Wish me luck.

There are always tix in the air around the foot bridge and Campus Dr. but now paper tix are no longer, so that could be different

I think there is a program for donating tickets through the GSA. I believe they go to the Boys and Girls club or something like that

CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks, Bjorn and EG. Great info. I’d never sell them for more than face, and the donation option is solid. Now it’s time for persuasive reasoning with the Warden. I’m fairly certain one of her waxing appointments is roughly equivalent to one season ticket, so I’m starting there. Wish me luck.

luck!

3-7-77 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Not great. Going to be quite a few thousand less season ticket holders it seems

Why would that be? Hmm. Bad football team? No.
Lousy food? No.
Poor tailgating? No.
Faith that the so called administrators of the University, BOR, and BSC won't f*ck the fans over again? We may be getting warm.
Individual finances screwed over by the restrictions/lock downs? Warmer.

All expected a year after...you know....a once in a millennium pandemic.

CDAGRIZ said:

I don't think there is a policy against this. There is a forum here on e-griz to facilitate just such situations. Don't know how successful it is. Are you a print at home or a virtual ticket holder? Don't know how that will affect ticket transfers. You might have to call the fieldhouse to inquire. There are always people outside the stadium on game day looking for tickets. Or you could donate them to Griz Kids. They will use them for local youth to attend the game.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
3-7-77 said:
Why would that be? Hmm. Bad football team? No.
Lousy food? No.
Poor tailgating? No.
Faith that the so called administrators of the University, BOR, and BSC won't f*ck the fans over again? We may be getting warm.
Individual finances screwed over by the restrictions/lock downs? Warmer.

Once in a thousand years? The Wuhan Plague is the fifth plague in that time frame, and the least deadly.
This would make a good 'Family Feud' or 'Jeopardy' question.

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

3-7-77 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Once in a thousand years? The Wuhan Plague is the fifth plague in that time frame, and the least deadly.

Perhaps some are hesitant about the hygiene at WA-Griz after watching a video of an elderly gentleman digging in his ass and then touching a railing?

Just a thought.

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

Perhaps some are hesitant about the hygiene at WA-Griz after watching a video of an elderly gentleman digging in his ass and then touching a railing?

Just a thought.

Does anyone have the video/gif? I fear it’s been wiped…from the internet (See that? High level stuff, here).

tgreseth said:
CDAGRIZ said:

luck!

It’s not going well. I’m being hit with the, “Let’s just fly up for one game and see if the girls even like it” whammy. She probably has more Griz gear than I do (at my insistence, of course), but I’m having trouble explaining true love to her. Working hard with a ticking clock.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Just a thought.

Does anyone have the video/gif? I fear it’s been wiped…from the internet (See that? High level stuff, here).

Stop lying. You've got the video, and pound your pud every night night watching it. Real men scratch their ass. You and Ursa Minus change your Tampax.

hunt-ducks said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Stop lying. You've got the video, and pound your pud every night night watching it. Real men scratch their ass. You and Ursa Minus change your Tampax.

No need to constantly get so hysterical, Karen

learn to control those overwhelming "feelings" of less than....
your sensitive litttle Emotional system is easily Owned and Operated by anyone who wants to have a little fun at your expense, asspicker

CDAGRIZ said:
tgreseth said:

It’s not going well. I’m being hit with the, “Let’s just fly up for one game and see if the girls even like it” whammy. She probably has more Griz gear than I do (at my insistence, of course), but I’m having trouble explaining true love to her. Working hard with a ticking clock.

Like the good Doctor CDA, my wife is often beautifully adorned in the Maroon and Silver. But she is NOT a football fan. But she looooooves Missoula. Maybe try the "Look, you and girls will love Missoula, and if you decide not to go to the game, I can find some buds to attend with while you girls hang out at the Cloth and Crown", approach.

Of course, this comes with the requisite warning regarding potential damage to your credit card. But it's a small price to pay for some GRIZ football.

hunt-ducks said:
CDAGRIZ said:

What kind of weird shit are you into, Steve? I knew the retirement communities were full of swingers and STDs, but you’re out there scratching other men’s assholes? It’s OK. Look, I know you couldn’t be “you” growing up in your generation, so you had to make up a ton of lies (including playing varsity baseball at UM). But the world is completely different now. We don’t kink-shame. Go scratch some dudes’ buttholes, bro!

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Like the good Doctor CDA, my wife is often beautifully adorned in the Maroon and Silver. But she is NOT a football fan. But she looooooves Missoula. Maybe try the "Look, you and girls will love Missoula, and if you decide not to go to the game, I can find some buds to attend with while you girls hang out at the Cloth and Crown", approach.

Of course, this comes with the requisite warning regarding potential damage to your credit card. But it's a small price to pay for some GRIZ football.

This is the play. Thanks, EG! :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sound advice, EG! This is a delicate situation and I think you best strategy is building alliances within the family system.

I would consider purchasing the finest polar wear possible for the girls. A purple arctic parka adorned with Purple Dragon Logos. They won’t be able to wear them in sunny Southern California and they will pressure mom for a trip to Montana.

Leave fliers strewn around the house for Big Dipper Ice Cream and the carousel. When asked, just tell them it’s only the best ice cream in the world. The only problem is that it’s located in Missoula.

Then let them go to work and do your bidding.

I wouldn’t feel bad about the slight manipulation, they’ll pay you back in spades 10 years from now.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:

Sound advice, EG! This is a delicate situation and I think you best strategy is building alliances within the family system.

I would consider purchasing the finest polar wear possible for the girls. A purple arctic parka adorned with Purple Dragon Logos. They won’t be able to wear them in sunny Southern California and they will pressure mom for a trip to Montana.

Leave fliers strewn around the house for Big Dipper Ice Cream and the carousel. When asked, just tell them it’s only the best ice cream in the world. The only problem is that it’s located in Missoula.

I wouldn’t feel bad about the slight manipulation, they’ll pay you back in spades 10 years from now.

Or, he could just man up like I did, buy the damned tickets without her "permission", and then go to the games himself (like I'm likely to do).... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:

CDA, I have a couple thoughts on this...

1. I think that’s awesome that you’re looking into some season tickets

2. Selling them is usually pretty easy I’ve had to sell a few for games that I cannot make and one of the forums on this site is for Griz tickets so if you list them early enough at face value it shouldn’t be an issue

3. With the University going to mobile ticketing it might make tickets even higher in demand since there won’t be a bunch of folks down at the bridge selling them last minute plus I think it will be easier to transfer them to the party you sell them to guessing just via email or even text

4. Lastly if you come to some games let’s make sure we connect and we will have a dance party to the CATS video just for old time sake

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:

See, this is why the good posters like me still come here. We get to make fun of opposing fans and geriatric liars without them realizing it, and you sometimes get transformative life advice like the above from EG and yourself. One stop shopping. eGriz is like the Amazon.com of websites.

Back