• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

indiancoyote said:
SoldierGriz said:
His "kid" is going to get a legit shot in the NFL...I don't think you are thinking about the right parents in this case...

Sorry, Ford is not going to be in the NFL.

Yes he is. He’s ranked somewhere in the 12-16 range for nfl prospects at CB.

You once again show that you don’t know shit about football

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:
For one, I'd like to hear what former GRIZ would like to see, to get this program back to FCS Elite? It would be interesting to compare their insights to that of our fans.

The answer would be to keep Bobby Hauck and recruit players that are great teammates and loyal to the program unlike Jace Lewis. Guys that are tough skinned and can can take tough coaching without crying to their parents and going on Twitter.

This old school type of mentality is exactly the problem for this program right now.

Baer and Rosey share your sentiment

HelenaHandBasket said:
gotgame75 said:
Go ahead and stick your head in the sand. Jace has infinitely more credibility in regards to the current locker room than the irrelevant opinion of a random eGriz poster.

In what world do you think Bobby can get official game stats changed after the fact? You want people to believe that Bobby can call someone on Sunday, after the stats have officially been entered, and have them changed. Use some common sense and pull your head out of your ass. As for the locker room, not sure I have debated that.

Actually that is exactly what happens. Typically the day after the game a coach/assistant goes through the film and goes over the stats adding or removing stats and the official stats are entered.

Merkleman said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
In what world do you think Bobby can get official game stats changed after the fact? You want people to believe that Bobby can call someone on Sunday, after the stats have officially been entered, and have them changed. Use some common sense and pull your head out of your ass. As for the locker room, not sure I have debated that.

Actually that is exactly what happens. Typically the day after the game a coach/assistant goes through the film and goes over the stats adding or removing stats and the official stats are entered.
Are those UM's official stats? The Big Sky conference's stats are usually up right after the game is over.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
indiancoyote said:
Sorry, Ford is not going to be in the NFL.

I guess we'll see about this. I don't think he's anywhere near fast enough to play corner at the next level.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:
For one, I'd like to hear what former GRIZ would like to see, to get this program back to FCS Elite? It would be interesting to compare their insights to that of our fans.

The answer would be to keep Bobby Hauck and recruit players that are great teammates and loyal to the program unlike Jace Lewis. Guys that are tough skinned and can can take tough coaching without crying to their parents and going on Twitter.

This is idiotic. Jace couldn't take tough coaching? What the hell are you talking about? Why does the cult of Hauck have to make shit up in order to denigrate the people who have the balls to say the emperor has not clothes?

MiningCityGrizFan said:
[https://twitter.com/bigfranknyc/status/1599496320355442688?s=46&t=L9j2psgRZDXkIYSko22y0w

Oh wow, look everybody: a parent who is unhappy with their child's playing time and feels justified publicly criticizing the coach's decisions. I haven't seen behavior like this since literally every sporting event I have ever attended featuring male or female athletes of any age or ability level.
Weird! :roll:

Ringneck said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
[https://twitter.com/bigfranknyc/status/1599496320355442688?s=46&t=L9j2psgRZDXkIYSko22y0w

Oh wow, look everybody: a parent who is unhappy with their child's playing time and feels justified publicly criticizing the coach's decisions. I haven't seen behavior like this since literally every sporting event I have ever attended featuring male or female athletes of any age or ability level.
He's also down a few comments below calling everyone else on the team but Justin trash, so... :-?

uofmman1122 said:
Ringneck said:
He's also down a few comments below calling everyone else on the team but Justin trash, so... :-?

Shocking. :coffee:

PTGrizzly said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Ranked by who?

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-draft-watch-cornerback-big-board-rankings

Lord Vigo wrote: ↑Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:24 pm
If you all want the opinion of a Cat fan who is NOT here to be a troll (I'm sure you all do)...

Hauck has become bad for UM football.

The Griz have the means, facilities, history, environment, fan support, etc. to be much better. But this Robby debacle is illustrative of something that, in my opinion, is a deeper problem. The man has his agenda and that's going to be paramount. Very often, his agenda aligns with the best interests of the program, but not always. And when it doesn't, it isn't his personal agenda that takes the back seat.

Griz fans are fond of referring Cat Nation as "the little brother." Frankly, sometimes we earn that. There was an inferiority complex coming out of the streak. But Griz fans can be just as guilty of acting like the "washed up uncle"-- stuck in the past, trying to relive the old glory days. I think that's why there's so much loyalty to Hauck. He represents those bygone days.

But circumstances have changed. UM still has clear paths to success, but they don't run through Hauck's old formula. So he's holding them back

Spot on post here. Sometimes it takes a look by someone on the outside to see ourselves. I get the feeling that most agree that some changes are in order, but whether those changes are small incremental changes or major change probably depends most on Hauck.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

"Tough coaching"???

I don't remember that including keeping your SON in every play when he constantly screws up. You got me there on the modern acceptable definition of "Tough coaching", since I haven't played since the turn of the century... Wow, weird how the times have changed!

SoldierGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:
Ranked by who?

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-draft-watch-cornerback-big-board-rankings

Any of these rankings prior to the combine or pro days don’t mean a lot. And what some random who doesn’t work for an NFL team thinks truly doesn’t matter. Only ones worth a crap are Brugler and Dan Jeremiah.

indiancoyote said:
grizghost said:
...I don't think having your son on the team is the problem I think it's more of the favoritism
that's the problem...Choate son played for the Cats...

If you're ethical it doesn't matter, but when you're changing stats to get you kid recognition its a problem.

Has this actually happened or is this just someone's opinion? :roll:

PTGrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

Any of these rankings prior to the combine or pro days don’t mean a lot. And what some random who doesn’t work for an NFL team thinks truly doesn’t matter. Only ones worth a crap are Brugler and Dan Jeremiah.

Perhaps true to some extent, but I believe at least some of these sites are talking to their NFL scout friends and to coaches. Scouts are visiting teams all the team, and talking to coaches. These rankings, while perhaps not accurate, are not just pulled out of thin air and aren't just the opinion of the writer of the sites.

PTGrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

You asked a question - I answered it with a link. That was all - and I think most believe what SI produces means something.

Ford has a legit shot at a roster - because he is very good at a coveted position in the league - that is just a fact.

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Axed said:
Who exactly counts Tackles and who is that person's immediate supervisor?

It’s not the head coach. Whole accusation of Bobby Hauck being in charge of tackles recorded when we are getting these numbers literally in real time watching the game is ridiculous. Whether or not you think Robby should be playing is a different story entirely.

A bunch of kids who never won shit bashing a hall of fame coach at their school is more than ridiculous.

I’ve never doubted the stats. The problem has always been playing for 4 years and having a safety being your all-time leader in tackles. That’s scheme.

Walkon79 said:
WaGriz4life said:
It’s not the head coach. Whole accusation of Bobby Hauck being in charge of tackles recorded when we are getting these numbers literally in real time watching the game is ridiculous. Whether or not you think Robby should be playing is a different story entirely.

A bunch of kids who never won shit bashing a hall of fame coach at their school is more than ridiculous.

I’ve never doubted the stats. The problem has always been playing for 4 years and having a safety being your all-time leader in tackles. That’s scheme.

Yes, the Griz defensive scheme is designed to have an aggressive good-tackling safety, who doesn't have much pass responsibility, so that he's in position to make a lot of tackles. That's the design and goal.

Back