• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

41>37 said:
uofmman1122 said:
He was the trailing defender on the Idaho play where Fouch messed up and let his guy get behind him for a TD.

He was the trailing defender on the Weber TD pass where Justin Ford bit on the fake screen and let his guy go.

Being the trailing defender on a play doesn't mean anything other than you're the closest guy to the end of the play, not that you're the cause of a big play.

By the way, our pass defense gave up 10 passing TDs on the entire year, which is lowest amount we've given up since 2010, when we had that many in 11 games vs. 13 this year. If you want to knock the D for run TDs, that's fair, but they were stellar all year against the pass.

You don’t need to pass when you get 10 yards a pop running outside zone. Robby was not good in coverage but he also was not good against the run, I bet he missed double digit tackles against the cats.

I actually counted. 13 bad angles that took him out of a play and at least 8 whiffs.

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:
I haven't turned on any player, and never have. I just asked a question. You are the one who turns on people and criticizes them. You've turned on the team. Look at your name. You are a loser.

You insinuated that Jesse's parents would back your agenda about Olsen. So, I'll just ask them, as you suggested. I should be seeing them soon, as I run around with some Stevi folks. Should I mention your name?

I didn't insinuate anything, and I don't have and never have had an agenda with Olsen. I asked a question. Yes, please do ask them, and report back to us. Can't wait for your report.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
What you said is not true for secondary pass defense, especially at the college level. Technique, being lined up right, knowledge of the defensive scheme, eyes, quickness, reaction time, strong hands/arms, watching of tape, ability to run backwards and turn quickly and efficiently, etc. are far more important than speed. Sure, speed helps, and can cover up for mistakes, but most of the time those other things are far more important than speed.

Safeties that can see the field, know or have a sense of what's coming, and get a jump on the play/ball, make up for lack of speed.

interesting you talk about "eyes" and "seeing the field"....have you seen the photo of Robby getting "Mossed" when he had perfect position because he HAD HIS EYES CLOSED when the receiver made the catch over his back?

Players in all sports often have their eyes closed in that type of situation. Not always, but fairly often. Had you played the game, you would have known that. His eyes being closed at that point had nothing to do with the result of the play.

The comment about eyes is having good eyes on the play early in the play, not later in the play. Again, if you had ever played the game, you would know that.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
interesting you talk about "eyes" and "seeing the field"....have you seen the photo of Robby getting "Mossed" when he had perfect position because he HAD HIS EYES CLOSED when the receiver made the catch over his back?

Players in all sports often have their eyes closed in that type of situation. Not always, but fairly often. Had you played the game, you would have known that. His eyes being closed at that point had nothing to do with the result of the play.

The comment about eyes is having good eyes on the play early in the play, not later in the play. Again, if you had ever played the game, you would know that.

Yes, I’m sure the closing of his eyes as the ball was being caught had NO impact on the receiver literally able to take it out of his hands right over his back. :lol:

You do you, bro.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
What you said is not true for secondary pass defense, especially at the college level. Technique, being lined up right, knowledge of the defensive scheme, eyes, quickness, reaction time, strong hands/arms, watching of tape, ability to run backwards and turn quickly and efficiently, etc. are far more important than speed. Sure, speed helps, and can cover up for mistakes, but most of the time those other things are far more important than speed.

Safeties that can see the field, know or have a sense of what's coming, and get a jump on the play/ball, make up for lack of speed.

Tim Hauck wasn't fast, yet he was a very good NFL player. Colt Anderson wasn't fast. Even Trumaine Johnson wasn't a burner.

The basic skills and technique for one on one pass coverage, and even zone, are actually fairly similar to what they were decades, i.e. what I just said above. Saying speed is most important 9/10 times is wrong, and really just plain stupid.

Yes, secondary coverages and schemes, and hybrid schemes, have gotten much more complicated and sophisticated.

Reading comprehension gramps. I never said speed was most important. You need speed and technique in combination.

I said, if you aren’t fast enough, having great technique won’t cover for that 9/10 times. Now, I did not put a numerical indicator on speed. I simply said, “not fast enough”. I don’t know how fast Robby is, but I know he gets burnt on the field a lot, indicating that if his technique is good, his speed is not good enough.

Regarding Tru, he ran a 4.6 40, but he made up for it with his size. He was a press corner with long arms. You will notice that once his athleticism went, he plummeted in the league. Again, technique is 100% necessary, but if you aren’t athletic enough, technique is not enough on its own.

Colt ran a 4.53 40, and a 1.53 10 yard split, and a sub 7 3-cone, indicating excellent explosion and COD. He had much better speed than Robby, and it was noticeable on the field.

Tim played decades ago, and the game is different than it was then. I don’t find player comparisons from 40 years ago work very well. Although the game is cyclical in terms of running and passing, the players are bigger, stronger, and faster. Athleticism relative to your peers would be a more worthy argument.

No, you said 9/10 of the time that technique doesn't matter, because it's all about speed. You don't even know what you wrote and said.

Hauck didn't get burnt hardly at all this year.

No, the game was not that much different, in this regard, when Tim played.

You clearly never played the game, and have no clue about secondary play.

If Tru was only 4.6, that is very slow for an NFL corner.

I am happy to debate you all day long on secondary play. I understand it. You don't at all. Keep serving me softballs.

WaGriz4life said:
Cuervohola said:
What Hall of Fame?

Big Sky Hall of Fame and University of Montana Hall of Fame. Somewhere Jace Lewis will never touch. Especially after this.

Jace was a walkon from Townsend worked his ass off and was rewarded by a teammate to where the #37 jersey and you have the audacity to malign him for a tweet that you can’t refute or have the inside knowledge to intelligently discuss. You are just a knee jerk jerk who will defend the indefensible. You aren’t PR are you? Sound a lot like him lol

CDAGRIZ said:
Who f###[#] cares? Everyone being discussed is gone. They no longer play for the Griz. There should be a “Past Griz” thread for people to discuss opinions and stories about people who no longer play for the Griz.

Gee Cd, looks like at least 38,000 e griz fans care based upon views. Maybe you should go to another thread if you don’t care. Just saying

Jesse said:
WaGriz4life said:
Big Sky Hall of Fame and University of Montana Hall of Fame. Somewhere Jace Lewis will never touch. Especially after this.

Jace was a walkon from Townsend worked his ass off and was rewarded by a teammate to where the #37 jersey and you have the audacity to malign him for a tweet that you can’t refute or have the inside knowledge to intelligently discuss. You are just a knee jerk jerk who will defend the indefensible. You aren’t PR are you? Sound a lot like him lol

:clap:

Jesse said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Who f###[#] cares? Everyone being discussed is gone. They no longer play for the Griz. There should be a “Past Griz” thread for people to discuss opinions and stories about people who no longer play for the Griz.

Gee Cd, looks like at least 38,000 e griz fans care based upon views. Maybe you should go to another thread if you don’t care. Just saying

Yep, each of them viewed it once.

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:
You insinuated that Jesse's parents would back your agenda about Olsen. So, I'll just ask them, as you suggested. I should be seeing them soon, as I run around with some Stevi folks. Should I mention your name?

I didn't insinuate anything, and I don't have and never have had an agenda with Olsen. I asked a question. Yes, please do ask them, and report back to us. Can't wait for your report.

Who is "us"? Do you have a turd in your pocket, because no one else o this board gives a flying XXXX what you think or write. You are a cancer on this board which should be excised.

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:

Who is "us"? Do you have a turd in your pocket, because no one else o this board gives a flying XXXX what you think or write. You are a cancer on this board which should be excised.

Us is the egriz board. Actually, almost everyone on the board cares what I think and post, because they know I have very good information, including some inside info, and have a good knowledge of the game. Your comment pertains to you. No one cares what you think, because you post incorrect and stupid things and don't have much knowledge of the program. Various posters have been making fun of you for your lack of knowledge about the program.

Jesse said:
WaGriz4life said:

Never thought I’d see the day when griz fans would turn on their former players. Especially not their 37’s.

What a world we live in

ilovethecats said:
Jesse said:

Never thought I’d see the day when griz fans would turn on their former players. Especially not their 37’s.

What a world we live in

Like Lewis turned on Hauck?

mthoopsfan said:
ilovethecats said:

What a world we live in

For someone that knows so much about the program, you really don’t know sh-t do ya buddy? Hauck treated Jace like garbage and you might see some more stuff coming out soon. But you know all about it right sporty?

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

For someone that knows so much about the program, you really don’t know sh-t do ya buddy? Hauck treated Jace like garbage and you might see some more stuff coming out soon. But you know all about it right sporty?

Robbie Hauck. Like in the tweet that is the subject of the thread. Pay attention.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

Robbie Hauck. Like in the tweet that is the subject of the thread. Pay attention.

You think he only threw shade at RH and not both of them? Re-read it for context

mthoopsfan said:
ilovethecats said:

What a world we live in

No.

I thought I’d see the day where former players turned on Bobby.

But I never thought I’d see the day when griz fans would turn on their former players. Especially not their 37’s…….

CDAGRIZ said:
Who do you guys think will have the best year for the Griz in 2023?
R. Hauck, J. Lewis, or D. Olsen?

Out of the three you mention, I am going to guess Hauck… Whoever's been manipulating stats will surely find a way to get him some tackles next year :lol:

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

I'm just surprised that he doesn't know Jace… He knows everyone…

Back