• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

ilovethecats said:
mthoopsfan said:
Like Lewis turned on Hauck?

No.

I thought I’d see the day where former players turned on Bobby.

But I never thought I’d see the day when griz fans would turn on their former players. Especially not their 37’s…….
Afraid I see things exactly like this.

ilovethecats said:
mthoopsfan said:

No.

But I never thought I’d see the day when griz fans would turn on their former players. Especially not their 37’s…….

News flash: not everybody who has worn #37 is the best guy or teammate or player in the world. It’s a number given by a player to another player. It is what it is. And Jace didn’t get recruited by Hauck. Didn’t sign up to play for him. So saying he’s a former player who turned on him needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

ilovethecats said:
mthoopsfan said:

No.

You haven’t noticed Soldier repeatedly trashing Petek, a former 37? Some posters trash former players fairly often even current players.

uofmman1122 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Can anybody do us a favor and go back and review tapes and find every play where Robby was the trailing defender on a touchdown pass. I'd ask you to post them for all to see but I wonder if this site has the bandwidth.
He was the trailing defender on the Idaho play where Fouch messed up and let his guy get behind him for a TD.

He was the trailing defender on the Weber TD pass where Justin Ford bit on the fake screen and let his guy go.

Being the trailing defender on a play doesn't mean anything other than you're the closest guy to the end of the play, not that you're the cause of a big play.

By the way, our pass defense gave up 10 passing TDs on the entire year, which is lowest amount we've given up since 2010, when we had that many in 11 games vs. 13 this year. If you want to knock the D for run TDs, that's fair, but they were stellar all year against the pass.

I'm sorry, did Robby get all of his tackles this year or did he play 4 years? If you are going to cherry pick the best of 4 years at least announce that. 1/4 of his body of work.

Blaming a safety for being the last guy chasing a ball carrier across the goal line is often like blaming the centerfielder for being the guy closest to the baseball when it went over the fence.

SaskGriz said:
Blaming a safety for being the last guy chasing a ball carrier across the goal line is often like blaming the centerfielder for being the guy closest to the baseball when it went over the fence.

Good comment. Made me laugh.

SaskGriz said:

Unless his name is Robby Hauck. Then he's clearly to blame! :roll:

MikeyGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Unless his name is Robby Hauck. Then he's clearly to blame! :roll:

I think we should start sacrastically start blaming everything on Robby. I had to scrap my windows this morning.."Thanks Robby Hauck." A lot of these comments really are that ridiculous about him.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:
Reading comprehension gramps. I never said speed was most important. You need speed and technique in combination.

I said, if you aren’t fast enough, having great technique won’t cover for that 9/10 times. Now, I did not put a numerical indicator on speed. I simply said, “not fast enough”. I don’t know how fast Robby is, but I know he gets burnt on the field a lot, indicating that if his technique is good, his speed is not good enough.

Regarding Tru, he ran a 4.6 40, but he made up for it with his size. He was a press corner with long arms. You will notice that once his athleticism went, he plummeted in the league. Again, technique is 100% necessary, but if you aren’t athletic enough, technique is not enough on its own.

Colt ran a 4.53 40, and a 1.53 10 yard split, and a sub 7 3-cone, indicating excellent explosion and COD. He had much better speed than Robby, and it was noticeable on the field.

Tim played decades ago, and the game is different than it was then. I don’t find player comparisons from 40 years ago work very well. Although the game is cyclical in terms of running and passing, the players are bigger, stronger, and faster. Athleticism relative to your peers would be a more worthy argument.

No, you said 9/10 of the time that technique doesn't matter, because it's all about speed. You don't even know what you wrote and said.

Hauck didn't get burnt hardly at all this year.

No, the game was not that much different, in this regard, when Tim played.

You clearly never played the game, and have no clue about secondary play.

If Tru was only 4.6, that is very slow for an NFL corner.

I am happy to debate you all day long on secondary play. I understand it. You don't at all. Keep serving me softballs.

I would encourage you to re-read what I wrote, because it seems you’re either intentionally misunderstanding or just not getting it, because what you’re saying here is not what I said. If you’re going to do your lawyer shit and twist the basic argument to whatever you want it to say, then there’s little point in engaging with you.

mthoopsfan said:
ilovethecats said:
No.

You haven’t noticed Soldier repeatedly trashing Petek, a former 37? Some posters trash former players fairly often even current players.

Andy Petek deserves it. Multiple issues with domestic abuse, and dealing cocaine. There’s no defending that.

horribilisfan8184 said:
uofmman1122 said:
He was the trailing defender on the Idaho play where Fouch messed up and let his guy get behind him for a TD.

He was the trailing defender on the Weber TD pass where Justin Ford bit on the fake screen and let his guy go.

Being the trailing defender on a play doesn't mean anything other than you're the closest guy to the end of the play, not that you're the cause of a big play.

By the way, our pass defense gave up 10 passing TDs on the entire year, which is lowest amount we've given up since 2010, when we had that many in 11 games vs. 13 this year. If you want to knock the D for run TDs, that's fair, but they were stellar all year against the pass.

I'm sorry, did Robby get all of his tackles this year or did he play 4 years? If you are going to cherry pick the best of 4 years at least announce that. 1/4 of his body of work.
The entire premise of your question trying to dunk on Robby is wrong.

And if he used to do it and didn't do it this year, isn't that a good thing? But I have a feeling if you go back and actually look (and know the coverages), you're going to be wrong a lot more times than you think.

Funny. 18 pages of mostly shade thrown at Robby, talking about nepotism, being coaches kids, etc. Everyone calling out his lack of speed, athleticism, etc.

Yet, we never seem to have an issue with NAIA level recruits being offered because their families connections to the program, repeatedly. In fact, it is widely celebrated so long as they are a “Montana boy”. Odd to me.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Andy Petek deserves it. Multiple issues with domestic abuse, and dealing cocaine. There’s no defending that.

That wasn't the point. It was whether any Griz fan trashed no. 37's or Griz players. They do. I provided an example.

Honest question. Wouldn't it be really difficult to alter tackling statistics at a DI program? It seems like there would always be independent sportscasters keeping these statistics.

grizpsych said:
Honest question. Wouldn't it be really difficult to alter tackling statistics at a DI program? It seems like there would always be independent sportscasters keeping these statistics.
You'd certainly think so!

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

That wasn't the point. It was whether any Griz fan trashed no. 37's or Griz players. They do. I provided an example.

Okay. Outside of one who has ran into multiple serious legal issues, who else has been called a bad teammate, bad #37, etc, etc.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Okay. Outside of one who has ran into multiple serious legal issues, who else has been called a bad teammate, bad #37, etc, etc.

Don't know. I'm not on Twitter and stuff like that. Again, I was addressing the false comment that no 37 has ever been criticized. Was Hauck called a bad teammate? My understanding is that he is well-liked and a leader on the team. I assume he will make some all-American teams, again.

By the way, Petek's summer charges were dropped. He's still with his wife. The Missoulian both blew, and blew up, the story. I knew the charges were likely going away, and tired to tell the board, but those with a narrative and no facts kept on going. They probably still will.

mthoopsfan said:
ilovethecats said:
No.

I'll trash any felon who deals coke in Montana - and any man on the earth who pulls their girlfriends hair in a fit of rage. Sue me.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Don't know. I'm not on Twitter and stuff like that. Again, I was addressing the false comment that no 37 has ever been criticized. Was Hauck called a bad teammate? My understanding is that he is well-liked and a leader on the team. I assume he will make some all-American teams, again.

By the way, Petek's summer charges were dropped. He's still with his wife. The Missoulian both blew, and blew up, the story. I knew the charges were likely going away, and tired to tell the board, but those with a narrative and no facts kept on going. They probably still will.

As a lawyer - you know that charges dropped does not mean act did not occur. It is even more complex in domestic incidents...

SaskGriz said:

You are close to right, so the better way to see is to look at every pass of over 10 yards and every touchdown pass to see if the blown coverage was Robby or someone else. I seem to recall Barriere and others attacking that position but they obviously never played the game

Back