• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kaimin Mending Fences

I agree, the faculty who signed off on this letter should be suspended and have their positions at the University evaluated. A lack of research indicates they are mere chair warmers. Additionally, there seems to be a level of insubordination that would not be tolerated in the private sector. Challenging the new President's decision in enough indication for me that this faculty is running amok.

PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
Fahque said:
Here’s a link to the Kaimin article: http://www.montanakaimin.com/features/asset-or-liability-bobby-hauck-s-controversial-return-to-um/article_de551310-db75-11e7-b412-dbef348385d4.html

Here’s an interesting Missoulian article: http://missoulian.com/news/local/letter-from-some-university-of-montana-faculty-ask-for-reconsideration/article_1930c723-7c0d-5223-8907-a9a417e457c5.html

From the Missoulian article:

The letter is dated Dec. 1 and directed to incoming President Seth Bodnar and Athletic Director Kent Haslam. The faculty members ask UM to "ideally" reconsider the decision. But, "beyond that," they suggest Hauck be required to schedule forums with faculty and students to address their concerns.

Are they going to ask Hauck what he eats for dinner? Because the way they've gone after him, anything he eats could be detrimental to UM's image. :roll:

"Bobby Hauck ate a cheeseburger, fries, and a green salad at the Iron Horse! He's making UM look like we don't care about vegan animal rights!!" :shock:

Does anyone have a link to the letter? I'd like to review and rebut it.

This quote from the article about the letter is just a myth, and not accurate.

"The letter said Hauck's tenure contributed to the climate that resulted in federal investigations at UM for failure to properly handle sexual assaults and "horrible consequences ... in terms of enrollment and reputation." Faculty pointed in part to his recruitment of players "implicated and convicted of sexual assault."

Wonder what their support is for the "contributed to the climate" statement? I can't imagine that they have facts to back up that statement. To my knowledge, there were zero sexual assault issues with players during Hauck's 7 years. Certainly none in the paper.

Sorry, only recruited one player (Donaldson) who was convicted about 2.5 years after Hauck left for UNLV.

As I have said, Pflu recruited JJ. Had known him and his dad for years. JJ committed after Pflu was the coach. And, JJ was not thrown out of school by UM, never lost his scholarship, and was acquitted (of what many people thought was a bogus charge). Again, Hauck had nothing to do with that. He had been at UNLV for 3 years by that time. I sat through much of the trial. The trial was effectively over after the accuser testified. No way he was not going to be acquitted.

If this letter shows the level of research, scholarship and honesty of these faculty members, they should all be fired immediately. They are perpetuating a fairy tale. Their level of scholarship and fact-gathering is pathetic.

It's impossible to expect liberals, like the professors who signed the letter, to be interested in facts. They despise facts. The only thing they despise more than facts is success. In 2011, after Hauck "ruined" the University over the prior 8 years, the U set an enrollment record of 15,669 students, which was 27 mores students than the record year in 2010.

So the University did nothing but gain enrollment under Hauck, continued to gain enrollment for two years after he left and somehow he was the demise of the institution. It would be comical if these morons were not on the state payroll.

argh! said:
bgbigdog said:
Am perfectly fine with Hauck addressing concerns of the community, faculty & students in open forums.

That said, I think it would also make sense if the faculty did a bunch symposiums on what they were doing to make their disciplines & degree programs more relevant to prospective students given the academic culture seems to have contributed its share to the significant decline in enrollment @ the university.

#irrelevant

oh, they all know how to sing and dance about their importance, whether it really exists or not. i say that as someone who has spent a big chunk of his life as a faculty member. there are a few who are genuine academics, inquisitive people who have a good grasp of their place in the world. these folks can generally be found at the best universities. then there are the rest, who survive by being popular with students or with 'upper administration', which mostly consists of semi-successful former professors.

i could go on and on, but i just did, all without the use of my question mark, which, as has been noted, is broken.

Never been academic, and never played one on TV. But I do know the components of turnaround plans. Singing & dancing don’t make the list. Are “upper admin” types as difficult to get rid of as tenured teaching folks? Hopefully Bodnar brings a few pages from the GE playbook with him in January.

Ps. Cut & paste ? ? ? ? ? to your hearts content.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/reesephillips11/status/938849894835486720[/tweet]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

get'em_griz said:
Or not... from today's print.

2e7cc2764ee051f54b7b1e19d13f593d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaimin, sounds like a brand of toilet paper. :lol:
Kaimin, asset or liability, I know my answer.

grizare#1 said:
get'em_griz said:
Or not... from today's print.

2e7cc2764ee051f54b7b1e19d13f593d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaimin, sounds like a brand of toilet paper. :lol:
Kaimin, asset or liability, I know my answer.

Actually American Indian, and "local" so to speak. Salish I believe. Meaning message or writing or written thoughts or something to that affect/effect. Don't know how I remember that but I do....I think.

I get so damn tired of hearing "smart people (for lack of a better term)" saying that liberals don't want to hear facts. FU. I am a liberal and proud to be one and I definitely care about the truth. And don't say that liberals don't work for a living - I worked for 42 years before retiring. And yes I think Ms. Davies, Daveys (what ever her name is) is full of crap up to her eyeballs.

rail43boy said:
I get so damn tired of hearing "smart people (for lack of a better term)" saying that liberals don't want to hear facts. FU. I am a liberal and proud to be one and I definitely care about the truth. And don't say that liberals don't work for a living - I worked for 42 years before retiring. And yes I think Ms. Davies, Daveys (what ever her name is) is full of crap up to her eyeballs.

Curious as to how you would define a "liberal." Serious question. I'm just curious what defines you as a liberal? (In your mind)

StittHappened said:
Eriul said:
GGNez said:
One thing I forgot to address: Beau Donaldson

There really was no discernable reason for Hauck NOT to recruit Beau when he did. By all appearances, he was a "good kid" - a Montana boy from a good family. Appearances were wrong, but people who are capable of raping someone - especially a friend, typically come across as respectable; often charismatic. They are very good at keeping the predatory part of themselves compartmentalized and hidden.

It's unfair to suggest that Hauck should have predicted something about Beau that those closest to him didn't even know.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough digging and that is something hauck, and most coaches, did fail at.
As a woman who went to high school with both Beau Donaldson and Justin Montelius, let’s just say I was not in the least bit surprised when each got into their own individual trouble.
I don’t want it to make it sound like Hauck should have just known but honestly... to say their behavior was unpredictable is kind of comical

You can't be serious and/or you're straight up lying. How many fights did Justin get into in high school? None. He wasn't an aggressive person. But yeah, you totally could see him beating up a kid in the dorms. And don't get me started on Beau. Nobody saw that coming, and certainly not in high school. I'd love to hear the clues you saw in high school that led to you not being surprised by their college actions, but I doubt you'll list them.

I witnessed one personally and am still extremely close to the person it happened to. I won't go into details in public but if you want confirmation you are welcome to pm me.

also c'mon... I didn't focus too much on sports in high school and even I knew Beau's reputation

Eriul said:
StittHappened said:
Eriul said:
GGNez said:
One thing I forgot to address: Beau Donaldson

There really was no discernable reason for Hauck NOT to recruit Beau when he did. By all appearances, he was a "good kid" - a Montana boy from a good family. Appearances were wrong, but people who are capable of raping someone - especially a friend, typically come across as respectable; often charismatic. They are very good at keeping the predatory part of themselves compartmentalized and hidden.

It's unfair to suggest that Hauck should have predicted something about Beau that those closest to him didn't even know.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough digging and that is something hauck, and most coaches, did fail at.
As a woman who went to high school with both Beau Donaldson and Justin Montelius, let’s just say I was not in the least bit surprised when each got into their own individual trouble.
I don’t want it to make it sound like Hauck should have just known but honestly... to say their behavior was unpredictable is kind of comical

You can't be serious and/or you're straight up lying. How many fights did Justin get into in high school? None. He wasn't an aggressive person. But yeah, you totally could see him beating up a kid in the dorms. And don't get me started on Beau. Nobody saw that coming, and certainly not in high school. I'd love to hear the clues you saw in high school that led to you not being surprised by their college actions, but I doubt you'll list them.

I witnessed one personally and am still extremely close to the person it happened to. I won't go into details in public but if you want confirmation you are welcome to pm me.

also c'mon... I didn't focus too much on sports in high school and even I knew Beau's reputation

rumor, gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation....on and on...infinity. :roll:

SoldierGriz said:
Eriul said:
StittHappened said:
Eriul said:

rumor, gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation....on and on...infinity. :roll:

My view too.

rail43boy said:

You would agree the liberal professors who signed the letter have no interest in facts? The U's enrollment numbers show conclusively that the University flourished during the time Hauck was present and for two years after he left. Trying to blame him for the current enrollment issues is delusional. Each of the professors need to look in the mirror.

Ranco - from your post: "It's impossible to expect liberals, like the professors who signed the letter, to be interested in facts. They despise facts. The only thing they despise more than facts is success."
That is what I was talking about. I don't need to explain why I am a liberal. I am what I am. Just as you are what you are.

Back