• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

The MSU IPF will be in a league above um. Not even close. Something not mentioned here is the extra $10M chipped in by the T&F boosters to add a regulation indoor track. MSU will continue to dominate those sports for the foreseeable future, which means MSU will be spotted 6 points in the Brawl Series every year (you only need 9 to win). I don't see um winning that trophy again anytime in the next 50 years.

Only the bubcatz could declare themselves pre-season champs for the next 50 years in a row. No other team would ever attempt to make that claim

ABQCat said:
The MSU IPF will be in a league above um. Not even close. Something not mentioned here is the extra $10M chipped in by the T&F boosters to add a regulation indoor track. MSU will continue to dominate those sports for the foreseeable future, which means MSU will be spotted 6 points in the Brawl Series every year (you only need 9 to win). I don't see um winning that trophy again anytime in the next 50 years.
You're still gonna come in here and do this after everything that happened last season? :lol: :lol:

ABQCat said:

How is the nicer IPF going to help Cat football? The Cats already had the field house. Is a nice track going to help the football team. Of course, it will help the track team. I will admit that MSU needs an IPF more than UM, because the weather is Bozeman is much worse than Missoula. More snow. Earlier snow. Colder.

Would you rather have a great football stadium with more attendance and a great atmosphere, or the MSU IPF?

Would you rather have a bigger loud crowd closer to the field or UM stadium?

Let's compare the Performance and Academic Centers.

Would you rather have a number of all-conference players depart to the Portal, or stay for another year and potential championship game run?

Would you rather have both coordinators coaching with DUI's pending for a year, or have no such coach problems?

A president who deals with tough situations promptly and fairly, or one that sits back and hides for a year. The latter is not leadership.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:
Montana also has a better team now, than all but SDSU, and better coaches. And better attendance. A nice stadium and attendance are about 25 times more important than a nice in door practice facility.

I mean do you really believe that? I’m guessing NDSU opens #1 this next season with what they have coming back.

Again….a double OT win at home didn’t tell me much. If that game is played on a neutral field , I’d take NDSU last year 9 times outta 10.

UM won….not taking that away from them….but I don’t think the better team really won.

Offffff course you don't.

ABQCat said:

msu has a massive advantage in this thing because they don't field teams in sports UM would win damn near every year: softball and soccer. UM should get two automatic points to start every year. That said, UM is still likely to win the thing THIS year, which seems sooner than 50 years, even to a msu math major.

2011BisonAlumni said:
I don’t think the better team really won.
Omg, look at how the mighty have fallen.
Never thought I would hear such trash from the buffaloes.
The bubcatz, sure, everyday, but I thought the buffs were better than this, especially that 2011 class. Guess I’m giving them too much credit.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

msu has a massive advantage in this thing because they don't field teams in sports UM would win damn near every year: softball and soccer. UM should get two automatic points to start every year. That said, UM is still likely to win the thing THIS year, which seems sooner than 50 years, even to a msu math major.
I will admit that I may have went backwards in graduate school on a few classes. Thermodynamics 520 seriously scrambled my brain and I ended up worse off than as an undergrad. But not true with math. I got freakishly good at math in graduate school.

With that said and counting the guarantees in T&F, MSU is sitting at 8 points. The women's golf team crushed um last year and returned literally everyone. There's 9. Game over. Likely more with tennis, particularly women's tennis.

ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
I will admit that I may have went backwards in graduate school on a few classes. Thermodynamics 520 seriously scrambled my brain and I ended up worse off than as an undergrad. But not true with math. I got freakishly good at math in graduate school.

With that said and counting the guarantees in T&F, MSU is sitting at 8 points. The women's golf team crushed um last year and returned literally everyone. There's 9. Game over. Likely more with tennis, particularly women's tennis.

Thanks for highlighting just how ridiculously dumb the contest is. Be good at one sport (T&F) and get 8 points. It's beyond silly, particularly when msu doesn't compete (like a real university) in sports UM dominates. I couldn't even tell you what the score was last year, because no one cares.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

Thanks for highlighting just how ridiculously dumb the contest is. Be good at one sport (T&F) and get 8 points. It's beyond silly, particularly when msu doesn't compete (like a real university) in sports UM dominates. I couldn't even tell you what the score was last year, because no one cares.

Classic distraction technique.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

Maybe I am a bad alum, but the only sports I actually care about in this rivalry are FB and BB. With the other sports, I am glad kids can get an education while doing what they love.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

I was going to thank him for highlighting the contest in general because I had never heard of it. How many points for barrel racing and goat roping?

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

As a math guy, I feel obligated to correct this. T&F is good for 6 points for the good guys every year. It's 8 because of one each from WBB and VB. Cats VB won the second of two, which is the better one to win. The Mainline Trophy will be in Bozeman for nearly the whole year.

EverettGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I mean do you really believe that? I’m guessing NDSU opens #1 this next season with what they have coming back.

Again….a double OT win at home didn’t tell me much. If that game is played on a neutral field , I’d take NDSU last year 9 times outta 10.

UM won….not taking that away from them….but I don’t think the better team really won.

Offffff course you don't.

It’s crazy that they even played the game. Just pin the ribbons upon the better team’s chest. Instead, they decided to have some sort of contest, after which they added up all the points for each team when the game ended, and determined that the inferior team had more points and was thus the victor. How can that be?

ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
As a math guy, I feel obligated to correct this. T&F is good for 6 points for the good guys every year. It's 8 because of one each from WBB and VB. Cats VB won the second of two, which is the better one to win. The Mainline Trophy will be in Bozeman for nearly the whole year.

So we agree it's silly.

And there's a trophy?? And it has a NAME??

ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:

How about the big sports of football and men's basketball this season/year? How are you feeling there? A bit down.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

So we agree it's silly.

And there's a trophy?? And it has a NAME??

How about the big one? The food drive. Didn't UM win that? Ha

GrizWin99 said:
EverettGriz said:

Maybe I am a bad alum, but the only sports I actually care about in this rivalry are FB and BB. With the other sports, I am glad kids can get an education while doing what they love.
Amen, could care less about track or tennis. UM's facilities are head and shoulders above MSU in those two sports.

Back