• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed vs. Bauman

Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
Wait..there's a Board over here? That is startling.

Anyway, Payton I'll also postulate that Bauman makes it longer than Sneed for who misses the first series due to injury.

CDA I am simply putting folks on record, and I'll circle back after the Brawl. If I feel like it. So far I have exactly zero folks on record. Maybe you can take that up with your Board so we can get some action going here.

Easy Money... My guess is Bauman gets benched before he gets hurt... Probably 3rd quarter against Texas Tech.
Finally. That's one. If you're a Board member Payton, I have CDA to thank. :thumb:

Although I'll qualify with this. If he's not hobbled, he'll start agaisnt SEMO even if Rovig gets reps at TTU. Bauman will probably get creamed, yes, and I suspect Rovig gets time, but the #7 will still be QB1. We both with probably claim victory going into week 2. Such is life on a fan forum.

ABQCat said:

Anyway, Payton I'll also postulate that Bauman makes it longer than Sneed for who misses the first series due to injury.

CDA I am simply putting folks on record, and I'll circle back after the Brawl. If I feel like it. So far I have exactly zero folks on record. Maybe you can take that up with your Board so we can get some action going here.

I think you’re doing just great, lil’ fella. I think that Bobcat QB will be tops! Keep on truckin’, and listen to your teachers. Thanks for posting!

What is this thread about? Sneed vs. Bauman in what? Golf? Tennis?

Sure as hell can't be football.

jodcon said:

Sure it is. Things like the win loss stat is absolutely about football.

ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:

Easy Money... My guess is Bauman gets benched before he gets hurt... Probably 3rd quarter against Texas Tech.
Finally. That's one. If you're a Board member Payton, I have CDA to thank. :thumb:

Although I'll qualify with this. If he's not hobbled, he'll start agaisnt SEMO even if Rovig gets reps at TTU. Bauman will probably get creamed, yes, and I suspect Rovig gets time, but the #7 will still be QB1. We both with probably claim victory going into week 2. Such is life on a fan forum.

You’re more than welcome, pard. I think your analysis is spot on. Keep rootin’ on for your home team!

ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

So If the Cats finish with a better record than the Griz, then Bauman is a better QB than Sneed regardless of any other factors? Is that your take?

jodcon said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

So If the Cats finish with a better record than the Griz, then Bauman is a better QB than Sneed regardless of any other factors? Is that your take?

Let’s go easy on ABQ.
PM sent.

jodcon said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

Believe it or not Andersen was selected as a first team QB by Big Sky coaches last year and Sneed was honorable mention. So that was their ridiculous take. Sneed is obviously a better QB than Andersen. At least I think that, but I’m not even that especially fond of Sneed.

ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

You guys...give the Cats Fans a break....they have actually got a real life QB with potential to start for them at QB....not a linebacker..not a RB...a QB!

This is a big deal for the program!!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

You guys...give the Cats Fans a break....they have actually got a real life QB with potential to start for them at QB....not a linebacker..not a RB...a QB!

I actually agree with this.

ABQCat said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

I actually agree with this.

And they beat us 3 times in a row without a QB.

cclarkblues said:
Sneed vs. Batman? Sneed is good but I think Batman would win. Might go into OT though.

images

getgrizzy said:
jodcon said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

Believe it or not Andersen was selected as a first team QB by Big Sky coaches last year and Sneed was honorable mention. So that was their ridiculous take. Sneed is obviously a better QB than Andersen. At least I think that, but I’m not even that especially fond of Sneed.

I thought the UCD guy was first team QB

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ABQCat said:
jodcon said:

I see what you mean, whoever they land on will actually be a real QB, even if he has a quarter of the talent the LB did last year. There probably should be reason for excitement.

Let me introduce this respectable group of rational fans to Casey Bauman, a 247Sports 3 star recruit. https://www.hudl.com/profile/3330694/Casey-Bauman

5d51b815ef873.image.jpg

Bauman is physical specimen at 6’7” and 240 pounds and a rocket arm, and he’s surprisingly athletic and moves quite well for his size. Is he another Andersen or Murray (or Sneed for that matter)? Nope. Not even in the same universe as those guys, but he’s plenty good enough to pick up some first downs when necessary. In his HS career he had 26 rushing touchdowns to go with his 65 passing touchdowns. He very well put together and benefited greatly from a year in the weight room during his RS year. This idea floating around this site that he’s somehow fragile and destined for an injury is fake news.

Also of note is that Nuanez brothers were on record pretty early that he was clearly the best choice for QB1 based on their assessment from the first handful of practices, and it wasn’t even close. He earned this spot in a fair and open competition.

Just for fun, here’s a link that shows him shattering the glass on a baseline dunk in a HS basketball game. He’s athletic folks. https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/05/msu-commit-shatters-backboard-dunk/1009060001/

So what’s the problem? He came from a small HS and he is still developing his ability to read and make good decisions when bullets are flying. The Cats will need to simplify that offense early in the season and let the kid develop at a metered pace. The Cats will need to be effective in the run game led by Ifanse and the very experienced OL. If the Cats win against SEMO and WIU it will be because we were running downhill most of the game and Bauman did a good enough job finding the check downs and short-range guys that are open due to scheme and good play calling.

The Cat receivers need to elevate their game, particularly with the 50 50 balls. Bauman will need to go downfield several times a game, and particularly early in the season, they will be mostly prayers. Jonsen has already proven himself as a guy who will win the 50 50 ball, and as you recall did a good job in last years Brawl. McCutcheon needs to improve dramatically, and it’s been a point of emphasis for him starting last spring. He’s making great strides this fall camp and even won Player of the Day once for attacking the ball at the highest point. Kassis will continue to be steady and effective and will be the primary target in the short and medium range throws.

As has been well documented, the Cats have a very favorable conference schedule. Even with a 1-3 start, it very possible (even probable) that the Cats win their first 6 conference games even with a developing freshman QB. A trip down to UC Davis and the Brawl in games 7 and 8 will make or break the season. As has been the case lately, I can easily see the winner of the Brawl getting a playoff spot and the other season coming to a close.

ABQCat said:
Let me introduce this respectable group of rational fans to Casey Bauman, a 247Sports 3 star recruit. https://www.hudl.com/profile/3330694/Casey-Bauman

5d51b815ef873.image.jpg

Bauman is physical specimen at 6’7” and 240 pounds and a rocket arm, and he’s surprisingly athletic and moves quite well for his size. Is he another Andersen or Murray (or Sneed for that matter)? Nope. Not even in the same universe as those guys, but he’s plenty good enough to pick up some first downs when necessary. In his HS career he had 26 rushing touchdowns to go with his 65 passing touchdowns. He very well put together and benefited greatly from a year in the weight room during his RS year. This idea floating around this site that he’s somehow fragile and destined for an injury is fake news.

Also of note is that Nuanez brothers were on record pretty early that he was clearly the best choice for QB1 based on their assessment from the first handful of practices, and it wasn’t even close. He earned this spot in a fair and open competition.

Just for fun, here’s a link that shows him shattering the glass on a baseline dunk in a HS basketball game. He’s athletic folks. https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/05/msu-commit-shatters-backboard-dunk/1009060001/

So what’s the problem? He came from a small HS and he is still developing his ability to read and make good decisions when bullets are flying. The Cats will need to simplify that offense early in the season and let the kid develop at a metered pace. The Cats will need to be effective in the run game led by Ifanse and the very experienced OL. If the Cats win against SEMO and WIU it will be because we were running downhill most of the game and Bauman did a good enough job finding the check downs and short-range guys that are open due to scheme and good play calling.

The Cat receivers need to elevate their game, particularly with the 50 50 balls. Bauman will need to go downfield several times a game, and particularly early in the season, they will be mostly prayers. Jonsen has already proven himself as a guy who will win the 50 50 ball, and as you recall did a good job in last years Brawl. McCutcheon needs to improve dramatically, and it’s been a point of emphasis for him starting last spring. He’s making great strides this fall camp and even won Player of the Day once for attacking the ball at the highest point. Kassis will continue to be steady and effective and will be the primary target in the short and medium range throws.

As has been well documented, the Cats have a very favorable conference schedule. Even with a 1-3 start, it very possible (even probable) that the Cats win their first 6 conference games even with a developing freshman QB. A trip down to UC Davis and the Brawl in games 7 and 8 will make or break the season. As has been the case lately, I can easily see the winner of the Brawl getting a playoff spot and the other season coming to a close.

Does he always throw with his eyes closed? I like this guy already.

ABQCat said:

5d51b815ef873.image.jpg

All I got out of this was that Choatle has established the "Player of the Day" award over in Bozeman......man you guys do the cutest shit.

Back