• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Football

Phat Cat said:
What your mom and wife have to say, isn't worth two gobs of goat shit.

I've been out of the market for quite a while, so update me, please. What does a gob of goat shit go for these days? :lol:

Phat Cat said:
Griz til I die said:
Lol........ Yep. I’ve already had two sources confirm that this is extremely likely to happen.

K buddy, sorry your bitter that it’s supposed to be in Bozeman in 21 but fair is fair. You’d be bitching and whining too if a global pandemic screwed you guys out of hosting it too. 99.9% chance they re-do the schedule for the next year man. Now go take a nap!

DTDVandal4 said:
Griz til I die said:
Lol........ Yep. I’ve already had two sources confirm that this is extremely likely to happen.

I mean no offense... But, why?

They already have the schedule made until 2022. They released it back in 2018 (18-21).

SUU isn't leaving until 2022. Which is perfect because 2022 schedule has not been released. So literally does not effect schedule at all.

Why on earth would they re-do the whole schedule? I get Cat-Griz is big and sucks it will be in Bozeman twice in a row. But I was in Missoula for 2020 season and you pulled plug. That is not conference office or other team in conferences fault. Pandemic isn't going to be fair. Sorry about it.
We pulled the plug??? You do realize the big sky said nobody could play games this fall right? Hauck said if we could’ve, he would’ve played some games this fall. Get your facts straight dude. I see you started just jumping to conclusions saying the schedule hadn’t been made yet for 22, and then later on went to correct yourself because you failed to do some research.

Griz til I die said:
Phat Cat said:
K buddy, sorry your bitter that it’s supposed to be in Bozeman in 21 but fair is fair. You’d be bitching and whining too if a global pandemic screwed you guys out of hosting it too. 99.9% chance they re-do the schedule for the next year man. Now go take a nap!
I’m hearing the exact opposite but I suppose anything could happen. Don’t care either way. Love the game in Missoula too.

Has nothing to do with “fair” though. What has been fair for anyone this whole year? And is it just the cat-griz game that wasn’t fair? What about every other team in the conference? Do they all get to switch their schedules because they had big games at home that got cancelled? Where does it end?

I don’t see any reason to switch the schedule around. I couldn’t care less if the game was supposed to be in Bozeman this year either. It’d just be another shitty deal in a long line of shitty deals. But like I said if they decide to change the entire schedule to be fair to UM, I’ll gladly travel to Missoula in November.

ilovethecats said:
Griz til I die said:
I’m hearing the exact opposite but I suppose anything could happen. Don’t care either way. Love the game in Missoula too.

Has nothing to do with “fair” though. What has been fair for anyone this whole year? And is it just the cat-griz game that wasn’t fair? What about every other team in the conference? Do they all get to switch their schedules because they had big games at home that got cancelled? Where does it end?

I don’t see any reason to switch the schedule around. I couldn’t care less if the game was supposed to be in Bozeman this year either. It’d just be another shitty deal in a long line of shitty deals. But like I said if they decide to change the entire schedule to be fair to UM, I’ll gladly travel to Missoula in November.
No I see what you’re saying and you’re right, nothing has been fair. Another big game is Idaho and they were supposed to host us and they got screwed out of that. Eastern got screwed out of the best home conference schedule they’ve ever had. That’s why there’s so many people advocating to have the fall 2020 schedule pushed to fall of 2021 and I’ve heard that several schools are pushing for the conference to do that.

Griz til I die said:
ilovethecats said:

No I see what you’re saying and you’re right, nothing has been fair. Another big game is Idaho and they were supposed to host us and they got screwed out of that. Eastern got screwed out of the best home conference schedule they’ve ever had. That’s why there’s so many people advocating to have the fall 2020 schedule pushed to fall of 2021 and I’ve heard that several schools are pushing for the conference to do that.

I could see that I suppose. If enough schools are loud enough about changing the schedule I guess they’d have to consider it. Like I said I’m fine either way. Love my trips to Missoula!

Griz til I die said:
Phat Cat said:

Dude, I totally get it. I'd be hot. The problem you have is schedules have been made a couple years in advance. Both MSU and U of M needing six home games. A pandemic missed year, doesn't change the next years schedule. Sorry Bubba. :eek: :eek: :eek:

This might be the one and only time I agree with Suckacats. But not for his “flawed reasoning”. Instead, I don’t want the schedule rotation to change because I like the consistent reference points. Odd years are in Bozo and it fits because they’re all a bunch of odd bastards.

For time reference purposes, essentially all my memories are based off the current rotation. When someone asks me, “what year did..{anything} occur?”, the first thing I do is try to recall which town I was in that year for The Brawl. And then I can usually work backwards to guess the year.

garizzalies said:
This might be the one and only time I agree with Suckacats. But not for his “flawed reasoning”. Instead, I don’t want the schedule rotation to change because I like the consistent reference points. Odd years are in Bozo and it fits because they’re all a bunch of odd bastards.

For time reference purposes, essentially all my memories are based off the current rotation. When someone asks me, “what year did..{anything} occur?”, the first thing I do is try to recall which town I was in that year for The Brawl. And then I can usually work backwards to guess the year.
I’m in the same boat. For selfish reasons this is the main reason I don’t want the rotation to change. Games are already tough enough for me to recall due to alcohol intake; changing the rotation would be a nightmare for me.

Phat Cat said:
Griz til I die said:

Dude, I totally get it. I'd be hot. The problem you have is schedules have been made a couple years in advance. Both MSU and U of M needing six home games. A pandemic missed year, doesn't change the next years schedule. Sorry Bubba. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well again if you were paying attention, you would understand the logic. Southern Utah is LEAVING after next season, therefore the conference has to remake the 22 and 23 schedules, therefore it would totally work out to put the game in Missoula in 21 and then Bozeman 22 and back in Missoula in 23. Yes these things are made years in advance, but again they have to remake 22 and 23 so just remake 21 as well.

Griz til I die said:

The BSC canceled 2020, they can fix that by moving the 2020 schedule to 2021 and so on. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Griz til I die said:

The BSC canceled 2020, they can fix that by moving the 2020 schedule to 2021 and so on. No need to reinvent the wheel.

There’s talk directly from Haslam and Hauck that the 2020 schedule could get pushed back to 2021. Sounds like it has some wings from the conference and other coaches. Been in a couple different articles now. They said the conference is looking into this which would obviously keep the game in Missoula.

HookedonGriz said:
There’s talk directly from Haslam and Hauck that the 2020 schedule could get pushed back to 2021. Sounds like it has some wings from the conference and other coaches. Been in a couple different articles now. They said the conference is looking into this which would obviously keep the game in Missoula.

Watch them do that and then the idiot “health” officials still don’t allow fans! You guys would lose your minds!

My biggest fear as it relates to MSU is even after nearly 2 years, and a vaccine, fans still won’t be allowed. Because you know, “safety”. :roll:

tourist said:
Griz til I die said:

Ya that’s literally what I’ve been arguing all night.

A Choate coached team will never care where the Brawl is played. Running down the throat of a 3-5 defense that takes too many chances with actively crashing safeties taking bad angles happens to travel very, very well. I honestly agree the next game should be in Missoula. Although you should be careful what you wish for. As has been mentioned already, there's still a chance of continuing reduced/eliminated seating next November.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

Watch them do that and then the idiot “health” officials still don’t allow fans! You guys would lose your minds!

My biggest fear as it relates to MSU is even after nearly 2 years, and a vaccine, fans still won’t be allowed. Because you know, “safety”. :roll:
No need to be so pessimistic; we have a new governor not bound to following the dem talking points.

Latest posts

Back