• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Starting Griz QB

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
First rule of getting out of a hole you’ve dug?

STOP DIGGING. FFS, you’re making an impossible argument. Let’s just let it sort itself out and trust the coaches to make the right decision.

Hilarious! I guess it is not kosher to have an opinion who goes against the hope of Griz fans. Even more hilarious is to read the comments from posters who supposedly like to discuss Grizzly football...... that is, as long as one follows the popular opinion. Look, I have made my predictions, and will live by them. If I am wrong, I will admit as such. But to believe that a senior QB who was never good enough to start as a sophomore and junior, but now is the answer, humors me. How many seasons did the Bobcat fans tell us that they had finally solved their pathetic QB issues? It seems that posters on here seem to think that our team can never experience those same problems. But I think we may be seeing it this season unless one of the other QBs suddenly emerges, which is entirely possible. I just am not sold that Humphrey is the answer.

You seem to be offended that some people question your "opinion", even though your opinion often doesn't make sense and mischaracterizes what others have said. Various posters have already posted those things out.

Also, it's not unusual for a very good qb to get stuck behind an even better qb. If Brown was so good, why didn't he start over Sneed last year?

giphy.gif

hunt-ducks said:
Hilarious! I guess it is not kosher to have an opinion who goes against the hope of Griz fans.

Seems most Griz fans hope that the guy that gives them the best chance to win will start, is your opinion different?

HelenaHandBasket said:
hunt-ducks said:
Hilarious! I guess it is not kosher to have an opinion who goes against the hope of Griz fans.

Seems most Griz fans hope that the guy that gives them the best chance to win will start, is your opinion different?
:thumb:

hunt-ducks said:
But to believe that a senior QB who was never good enough to start as a sophomore and junior, but now is the answer, humors me.

This is probably what some Tide fans thought of Mac Jones.

uofmman1122 said:
I feel like you're just trolling us now, and if so, well done. :thumb:

Ya, I gave up hunting this duck a while ago. He’s either got a bird dog in the fight, arguing for fun, or trolling. Also for an eGriz poster, he gets a bit too touchy.

alabamagrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:
I feel like you're just trolling us now, and if so, well done. :thumb:

Ya, I gave up hunting this duck a while ago. He’s either got a bird dog in the fight, arguing for fun, or trolling. Also for an eGriz poster, he gets a bit too touchy.
The touchiness makes me think this might be the case.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
First rule of getting out of a hole you’ve dug?

STOP DIGGING. FFS, you’re making an impossible argument. Let’s just let it sort itself out and trust the coaches to make the right decision.

Hilarious! I guess it is not kosher to have an opinion who goes against the hope of Griz fans. Even more hilarious is to read the comments from posters who supposedly like to discuss Grizzly football...... that is, as long as one follows the popular opinion. Look, I have made my predictions, and will live by them. If I am wrong, I will admit as such. But to believe that a senior QB who was never good enough to start as a sophomore and junior, but now is the answer, humors me. How many seasons did the Bobcat fans tell us that they had finally solved their pathetic QB issues? It seems that posters on here seem to think that our team can never experience those same problems. But I think we may be seeing it this season unless one of the other QBs suddenly emerges, which is entirely possible. I just am not sold that Humphrey is the answer.

It’s not about “having an opinion”...it’s about arguing your position using illogical discussion points. Attempting to convince someone—nay, ANYONE—that a QB who has never thrown a college pass is better than one with an almost 60% completion rate, 8 TD’s, just 2 INTs, and who went 3-0 as an emergency starter by belittling ACTUAL stats vs theoretical ones. And many, many QB’s sit and wait their turn, only starting as seniors. Happens at lots of positions.

And for the record, I’m not sold on Humphrey either, but he (for now) appears to be the best we’ve got. Let’s hope with a more seasoned O-line, a bigger Knight/Ostmo/Turner combo, and a stable of WR’s he’ll excel. And if not him, then next man up.

hunt-ducks said:
Keep thinking Hump will get you where you think he will. He who laughs last laughs longest.
You keep attacking a position that no one is taking.

If Brown is the better QB, I want him to start.

You're the only one who's come out saying that a dude should start even if he isn't better than the other guy.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Sounds like you’re about to take a trip and see some major boobage.

Haha, cheesing!
We need to address this. Shine a light on it. The public needs to know more about it. Education is crucial.
VIM is a serious problem and we need to start treating it as such. I’ve been saying it for years.
I generally hate our dumbass neighbors to the east, but I would hate to see someone get hurt. Or god forbid, one of them O.D.’s on cat pee.

garizzalies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Haha, cheesing!
We need to address this. Shine a light on it. The public needs to know more about it. Education is crucial.
VIM is a serious problem and we need to start treating it as such. I’ve been saying it for years.
I generally hate our dumbass neighbors to the east, but I would hate to see someone get hurt. Or god forbid, one of them O.D.’s on cat pee.

I believe, just like weed and LSD, it’s impossible to OD on cat piss. I could be wrong though, let me ask my cat real quick.

hunt-ducks said:
SaskGriz said:
You seem to be critical of some for backing Humphery based on limited evidence but you are fine backing Brown based on no evidence.

I'm not knocking Brown but let's be honest we don't even know if he has back-up quality skills as he's never taken a snap in a college football game. You seem to want to start a QB controversy where one guy is 76-128 59.4% for 1002 yards, 8 TD to 2 Picks and the other guy is 0-0 for 0 yards with 0 TD and 0 picks.

Thank you for providing the stats. As I said, Cam had one great game where he threw for 4 TDs. I was less than impressed in other games he appeared in. Does an 59% completion percentage, having the best group of receivers in the Big Sky, impress anyone? Not me. Cam was never in the same league as Sneed last season starting in spring ball. There was never a QB battle, Sneed was clearly the superior QB, and it was evident early-on. I'll go on record in saying this....... if Cam is our starting QB, we will have the weakest starting QB in recent memory, and be right up there with the Cats in the QB department. Just my prediction, and I am sure most of you will not agree with it. I realize that hope springs eternal, and all of us want desperately to believe that Cam will just move into the starting QB job, and we will not miss a beat from last season with Sneed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, you can remind me of my doubt and I will take it like a man. I know nothing about how good Brown would be as a starter, and neither does anybody. But I do have an opinion about Cam, and if he is the answer, don't expect the same results on offense as last season, cause I don't think the talent is there like in past years. This forum is to discuss Griz football, and if everyone is always in agreement then it becomes quite boring, right?

Could you please repost All of Browns Colleges stats again?
They'd sure help promote your visually obvious agenda

hunt-ducks said:
I'll go on record in saying this....... if Cam is our starting QB, we will have the weakest starting QB in recent memory, and be right up there with the Cats in the QB department. Just my prediction, and I am sure most of you will not agree with it. I realize that hope springs eternal, and all of us want desperately to believe that Cam will just move into the starting QB job, and we will not miss a beat from last season with Sneed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, you can remind me of my doubt and I will take it like a man.
I suspect you will be nowhere to be found.

Back