• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Starting Griz QB

kemajic said:
hunt-ducks said:
I'll go on record in saying this....... if Cam is our starting QB, we will have the weakest starting QB in recent memory, and be right up there with the Cats in the QB department. Just my prediction, and I am sure most of you will not agree with it. I realize that hope springs eternal, and all of us want desperately to believe that Cam will just move into the starting QB job, and we will not miss a beat from last season with Sneed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, you can remind me of my doubt and I will take it like a man.
I suspect you will be nowhere to be found.

It appears he’s already disappeared.

alabamagrizzly said:
garizzalies said:
We need to address this. Shine a light on it. The public needs to know more about it. Education is crucial.
VIM is a serious problem and we need to start treating it as such. I’ve been saying it for years.
I generally hate our dumbass neighbors to the east, but I would hate to see someone get hurt. Or god forbid, one of them O.D.’s on cat pee.

I believe, just like weed and LSD, it’s impossible to OD on cat piss. I could be wrong though, let me ask my cat real quick.
It is most definitely possible to OD on VIM. I witnessed it first-hand—front and center—at the last c/G game. Each of the nine stadiums there were so geeked up and vimmed out, I can just imagine the number of poor Cats being passed around in the parking lot before the game.

In the south-by-southwest-by-south stadium, I saw grown men openly weeping in the stands. It was like 30 years of pent-up frustration boiling over. CAThartic for them. They live for challenging big bro. And when you have nothing else in your life, and grow so desperate, that is when this drug can turn so dangerous.

hunt-ducks said:
SaskGriz said:
You seem to be critical of some for backing Humphery based on limited evidence but you are fine backing Brown based on no evidence.

I'm not knocking Brown but let's be honest we don't even know if he has back-up quality skills as he's never taken a snap in a college football game. You seem to want to start a QB controversy where one guy is 76-128 59.4% for 1002 yards, 8 TD to 2 Picks and the other guy is 0-0 for 0 yards with 0 TD and 0 picks.

Thank you for providing the stats. As I said, Cam had one great game where he threw for 4 TDs. I was less than impressed in other games he appeared in. Does an 59% completion percentage, having the best group of receivers in the Big Sky, impress anyone? Not me. Cam was never in the same league as Sneed last season starting in spring ball. There was never a QB battle, Sneed was clearly the superior QB, and it was evident early-on. I'll go on record in saying this....... if Cam is our starting QB, we will have the weakest starting QB in recent memory, and be right up there with the Cats in the QB department. Just my prediction, and I am sure most of you will not agree with it. I realize that hope springs eternal, and all of us want desperately to believe that Cam will just move into the starting QB job, and we will not miss a beat from last season with Sneed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, you can remind me of my doubt and I will take it like a man. I know nothing about how good Brown would be as a starter, and neither does anybody. But I do have an opinion about Cam, and if he is the answer, don't expect the same results on offense as last season, cause I don't think the talent is there like in past years. This forum is to discuss Griz football, and if everyone is always in agreement then it becomes quite boring, right?

You do realize that Sneed (who I agree was awesome) had a completion % of 65% correct? You seem to be really hung up on Cam‘s 59% which isn’t much different.

Cam averaged 13+ yards per completion I could easily see him completing 65% of his passes with more knowledge of the playbook, reps, and game time. I think we will see that for sure this season. I watched a number of practices and scrimmages with Cam, that kid has a rocket arm....and is pretty dang consistent.

I think Brown also has a rocket arm and was very impressed with how he can spin it.

HookedonGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:
Thank you for providing the stats. As I said, Cam had one great game where he threw for 4 TDs. I was less than impressed in other games he appeared in. Does an 59% completion percentage, having the best group of receivers in the Big Sky, impress anyone? Not me. Cam was never in the same league as Sneed last season starting in spring ball. There was never a QB battle, Sneed was clearly the superior QB, and it was evident early-on. I'll go on record in saying this....... if Cam is our starting QB, we will have the weakest starting QB in recent memory, and be right up there with the Cats in the QB department. Just my prediction, and I am sure most of you will not agree with it. I realize that hope springs eternal, and all of us want desperately to believe that Cam will just move into the starting QB job, and we will not miss a beat from last season with Sneed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I am wrong, and I hope I am, you can remind me of my doubt and I will take it like a man. I know nothing about how good Brown would be as a starter, and neither does anybody. But I do have an opinion about Cam, and if he is the answer, don't expect the same results on offense as last season, cause I don't think the talent is there like in past years. This forum is to discuss Griz football, and if everyone is always in agreement then it becomes quite boring, right?

You do realize that Sneed (who I agree was awesome) had a completion % of 65% correct? You seem to be really hung up on Cam‘s 59% which isn’t much different.

Cam averaged 13+ yards per completion I could easily see him completing 65% of his passes with more knowledge of the playbook, reps, and game time. I think we will see that for sure this season. I watched a number of practices and scrimmages with Cam, that kid has a rocket arm....and is pretty dang consistent.

I think Brown also has a rocket arm and was very impressed with how he can spin it.

I think ducks is out hunting rabbits.

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
I suspect you will be nowhere to be found.

I didn't disappear. But why waste keystrokes on posters who get butt-hurt if a descending opinion is posted? I realize that Bobby is infallible in most of your eyes, and you can't be seen on a this site questioning him on anything. He might see you out and not say hello. I'm done with this particular discussion. I have made my points, as well as my predictions. Now we wait, right? I'm either going to eat a ton of crow, or several of you are going to eat your reputation in evaluating players.

hunt-ducks said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I didn't disappear. But why waste keystrokes on posters who get butt-hurt if a descending opinion is posted? I realize that Bobby is infallible in most of your eyes, and you can't be seen on a this site questioning him on anything. He might see you out and not say hello. I'm done with this particular discussion. I have made my points, as well as my predictions. Now we wait, right? I'm either going to eat a ton of crow, or several of you are going to eat your reputation in evaluating players.

84? Garizz, you know the drill. Check the timestamps and expose this clown car show act, again.

hunt-ducks said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Is that anything like a descending testicle? Because those mofo's HURT.

hunt-ducks said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You do realize that not one person said that Brown wouldn't or couldn't be the starter. Your level of comprehension, or lack of, is truly impressive.

hunt-ducks said:
alabamagrizzly said:

where are you consistently scratching your butt this week Stevie Dill? :mrgreen:

CDAGRIZ said:
hunt-ducks said:

84? Garizz, you know the drill. Check the timestamps and expose this clown car show act, again.
Ha! I was thinking that too and it’s possible but I’m leaning toward golden shower. Just a gut at this point but give him time and all will be revealed

Bear Axed said:
hunt-ducks said:

where are you consistently scratching your butt this week Stevie Dill? :mrgreen:
I love that you mentioned this; I was just thinking about it today

6 QB’s are too many. I doubt UM goes into fall with that amount. Cam, Brown and Britt are the Griz now and future. These two games this spring will decide many things.

WaGriz4life said:
PlayerRep said:
Humphrey looked very good in practice yesterday.

Great to here. He won’t give us the run game stuff we had with Sneed but he can really spin it.

He must have pretty good speed. He got around the corner and to the sideline pretty quick on a few scrambles.

PlayerRep said:
WaGriz4life said:
Great to here. He won’t give us the run game stuff we had with Sneed but he can really spin it.

He must have pretty good speed. He got around the corner and to the sideline pretty quick on a few scrambles.

Can't speak for wagriz but but when I read his post I was thinking he meant the "I can run you over" aspect of Sneed's game..I think Cam will win a lot of games.

retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:

Can't speak for wagriz but but when I read his post I was thinking he meant the "I can run you over" aspect of Sneed's game..I think Cam will win a lot of games.

Agreed. he’s shifty, and a “capable” runner...He won’t be doing any flips into the end zone ala Sneed, but his running is serviceable and his arm is a cannon.

Paytonlives said:
6 QB’s are too many. I doubt UM goes into fall with that amount. Cam, Brown and Britt are the Griz now and future. These two games this spring will decide many things.

Not disagreeing with you, but what about the others? Leave? Change position?

Back